Author Topic: Missing Picasso spotted at home of former Philippines first lady  (Read 339 times)

Offline Kamaji

Missing Picasso spotted at home of former Philippines first lady

By Natalie O'Neill
May 13, 2022

A missing Pablo Picasso painting was spotted at the home of the Philippines’ controversial former first lady — as she celebrated her son’s presidential victory, according to a former official familiar with the artwork.

Imelda Marcos — the widow of late Philippine dictator Ferdinand Marcos — was filmed hugging her son, Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., in footage that aired this week with the apparent long-lost masterpiece “Reclining Woman VI” hanging on a wall behind them.

The bombshell in the background was broadcast in a news segment by the local station TV Patrol Tuesday after Marcos Jr. became the country’s next president in a landslide victory.

A former official for the country’s Presidential Commission on Good Government — a task force created to recover the one-time authoritarian family’s ill-gotten wealth — said the painting was one of roughly 160 pieces of art allegedly acquired illegally by the Marcos family during their more than 20-year reign.

The abstract painting — which depicts a woman lounging on a couch with a hand on her forehead — appeared in a 2019 documentary about the Marcos family, “The Kingmaker,” before it went missing as the task force hunted for it, said former PCGG chairman Andy Bautista.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/13/missing-picasso-spotted-at-home-of-former-philippines-first-lady/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Missing Picasso spotted at home of former Philippines first lady
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 12:54:45 am »
How do they know it is an actual Picasso,and not something scribbled by one of her grandchildren using crayons?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 01:04:32 am »
How do they know it is an actual Picasso,and not something scribbled by one of her grandchildren using crayons?

An excellent question.  The scribble in the story, circled in red...

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 03:23:20 am »
If I was going to have stolen art, it would be by someone more on the order of Renoir, Degas, or Rembrandt.

Picasso is not to my tastes.

It might just be a well done copy, too. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 03:58:20 am »
An excellent question.  The scribble in the story, circled in red...

@Cyber Liberty

Looks like something done by a semi-talented 3rd grader to me.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2022, 05:23:13 am »
@Cyber Liberty

Looks like something done by a semi-talented 3rd grader to me.
Well I wouldn't call Hunter semi-talented, he's much more in the no-talented category. Never much on Picasso or cubists or anyone else whose work looks like the efforts of a kindergarten class finger painting project.