Author Topic: Gallagher: U.S. ‘Running Low’ on Weapons After Supplying Ukraine  (Read 550 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gallagher: U.S. ‘Running Low’ on Weapons After Supplying Ukraine

Trent Baker 6 May 2022

House Armed Services Committee member Mike Gallagher (R-WI) on Friday warned that the United States was “running low” on its weapons stockpiles after helping Ukraine defend itself from Russia’s attack.

According to Gallagher, the United States has burned through seven years’ worth of weapons in assisting Ukraine. He told Fox News Channel’s “America’s Newsroom” that this was important because Taiwan also needed help dealing with Chinese aggression.

“I think their efforts can fall into categories of good, bad, and ugly,” Gallagher said of the Biden administration. “On the good, I think Secretary Austin made the right call in going to Kyiv talking directly with President Zelensky, and for the first time talking as if he believes the Ukrainians can win. I think that is the right signal to send to our allies. It is also right to send the signal that we want Russia to be permanently hobbled by this misadventure of unprovoked aggression, so that’s good.”

“What’s bad is the president himself seems at times to constantly want to remind everybody what we won’t do, and putting arbitrary limits on our assistance, I think, undermines our effort,” he added. “But the real ugly is that we are running low in terms of our stockpiles. We just burned through seven years’ worth of Javelins. And that’s not only important as we continue to try and help the Ukrainians win in Ukraine — that’s important as we try to simultaneously defend Taiwan from aggression from the Chinese Communist Party. They are going to need access to some of these same weapons systems, and we simply don’t have the stockpiles at present in order to backfill what we’ve spent in Ukraine.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/05/06/gallagher-u-s-running-low-on-weapons-after-supplying-ukraine/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

All going according to plan. Now we just have to go to war against the Soviet Union, er, Russia, without any weapons.
What could go wrong?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Have we given Ukraine more weapons than we idiotically left in Afghanistan?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 12:51:49 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hoodat

Still a drop in the bucket compared to what we left for the Taliban.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DB

I really doubt this is true to any real degree. Just pushing for more money.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Seems to me i pointed this out about a month ago, the Western nations pouring its weapons into the Ukraine, and leaving itself open to Russian, Chinese, radical Islam aggressions. Biden sending us like sheep to the slaughter then, or is that Soros  or both?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I really doubt this is true to any real degree. Just pushing for more money.

Agreed. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I seriously doubt this.

I suspect he is just lobbying for the defense industry.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
It certainly looked obvious to me so as to comment on it about a month ago.  Of course a year of denial here is not uncommon, they shocking revelation.  A year of service of/to denials, they acquiescence to truth/reality, common practice.  You haven't noticed people?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It certainly looked obvious to me so as to comment on it about a month ago.  Of course a year of denial here is not uncommon, they shocking revelation.  A year of service of/to denials, they acquiescence to truth/reality, common practice.  You haven't noticed people?

@christian

We will never run low on weapons or munitions for two reasons.

Reason number 1: We have a Strategic Reserve that is NEVER going to be touched other than to be renewed as the munitions get too old to be reliable.

Reason number 2: We have factories all over the US that are waiting for the word to start mass producing more.

In case you don't know or have forgotten,the weapons and weapons systems we "give away" are always the oldest in current inventory,and are replaced immediately with new ones.

Also,many/most of the  explosives we give away like ammo for artillery pieces and explosives would have just been destroyed if we hadn't given it away.

It is in the best interests of BOTH the union workers/factories that produce it as well as the US military to keep a fresh supply of all types of munitions on stock at all times because there simply isn't enough time to gear up production and produce them if we are attacked. When and IF we ever need them,we need them NOW,not next month.

Of course,the "best if used by date" is just a percentage of the actual "lifespan" of any of it. This is something you just can't take chances on.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Gallagher: U.S. ‘Running Low’ on Weapons After Supplying Ukraine
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2022, 10:02:29 pm »
mountaineer:
"All going according to plan. Now we just have to go to war against the Soviet Union, er, Russia, without any weapons."

Mack the Finger said to Louie the King
"I got forty red, white and blue shoe strings
And a thousand telephones that don't ring
Do you know where I can get rid of these things?"
Louie the King said, "Let me think for a minute, son"
He said, "Yes, I think it can be easily done...
Just take it on down to Highway 61"

(R. Dylan)