Author Topic: Ukraine 2  (Read 101632 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Ukraine 2
« Reply #900 on: May 26, 2022, 04:34:09 pm »
I have been ready for that my entire life.  For 40 years, I have been paying into a giant ponzi scheme at the point of a gun - a ponzi scheme of which I have wanted no part.  And still don't.

I am approaching payment of $2M in Fed income tax in my lifetime, and to an entity that even after that fleecing is $30T in debt.

Why should I trust or support my goverment in any endeavor.....   including Ukraine?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #901 on: May 26, 2022, 04:40:33 pm »
I am approaching payment of $2M in Fed income tax in my lifetime, and to an entity that even after that fleecing is $30T in debt.

Why should I trust or support my goverment in any endeavor.....   including Ukraine?

For the record, I don't trust or support my government's endeavor in Ukraine.  But that doesn't prevent me from supporting Ukraine in repelling the Russian invaders.  But yes, it would be nice to have that $2M back.  If you had been able to invest it yourself instead of the government stealing it, you would probably be sitting on around $6-7M.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #902 on: May 26, 2022, 04:52:57 pm »
What does Zelensky have to do with this?

(See logical fallacies:  Red herring)

Not a red herring, but a necessary question that is uncomfortable for some.  (The discussion was about continuing to fund Zelensky's war ---- with money this nation doesn't have.)

Online Hoodat

« Reply #903 on: May 26, 2022, 05:19:57 pm »
Not a red herring, but a necessary question that is uncomfortable for some.  (The discussion was about continuing to fund Zelensky's war ---- with money this nation doesn't have.)

This isn't Zelensky's war.  It's Putin's war.  He has been waging it since 2014 when his puppet Yanukovych was driven from office.  And no, the discussion wasn't about funding the war.  It was about Russia using food crates to bury their war dead.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #904 on: May 26, 2022, 05:36:19 pm »
This isn't Zelensky's war.  It's Putin's war.

"Potayto, Potahto"    :shrug:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #905 on: May 26, 2022, 05:44:16 pm »
When your fatherland gives you great honor after you fall.
Russia is burying their Honored Dead Heroes in produce crates instead of expensive coffins.
Does Western Europe really fear a country this poor?

That might be a cremation casket, if the remains are to be cremated rather than buried in a cemetery.

Offline bilo

« Reply #906 on: May 26, 2022, 06:06:11 pm »
I have been ready for that my entire life.  For 40 years, I have been paying into a giant ponzi scheme at the point of a gun - a ponzi scheme of which I have wanted no part.  And still don't.

I agree 100%!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #907 on: May 26, 2022, 06:07:35 pm »
Is there no American citizen you will not sacrifice at the altar of Zelensky?

Will you ever consider posting a serious response?
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #908 on: May 26, 2022, 06:20:59 pm »
This isn't Zelensky's war.  It's Putin's war.  He has been waging it since 2014 when his puppet Yanukovych was driven from office.  And no, the discussion wasn't about funding the war.  It was about Russia using food crates to bury their war dead.

@Hoodat

Waste of time trying to use logic against the "Bette Red than Dead" crowd.

There is no end to the excuses they can come up with to justify allowing Russia to do anything she wants.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #909 on: May 26, 2022, 06:23:41 pm »
That might be a cremation casket, if the remains are to be cremated rather than buried in a cemetery.

@Kamaji

I am far from being any sort of authority on funerals,but I know of a couple of cases where the deceased was put in a nice coffin for display to grieving friends and relatives,and then once that ended,taken out of the coffin and cremated.

I think it is possible they MAY do the same thing in Russia.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #910 on: May 26, 2022, 06:30:03 pm »
@Kamaji

I am far from being any sort of authority on funerals,but I know of a couple of cases where the deceased was put in a nice coffin for display to grieving friends and relatives,and then once that ended,taken out of the coffin and cremated.

Yes, I understand that that's often done; perhaps it wasn't done in this case.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #911 on: May 26, 2022, 06:32:28 pm »
@Kamaji

I think they use cardboard boxes for cremation...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #912 on: May 26, 2022, 06:35:06 pm »

It depends, from what I've seen online.  There are certainly cardboard boxes used, but I believe that they also sometimes use plain pine caskets that have little or no metal fittings or attachments, to make the cremation process simpler.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #913 on: May 26, 2022, 06:37:34 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

Could be,but it would be a waste of cardboard.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #914 on: May 26, 2022, 06:43:32 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Could be,but it would be a waste of cardboard.

Something has to corral the as-yet unburned parts of the corpse while the fire is going, so I believe it's cardboard.  Wood leaves tars all over the burn unit. :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #915 on: May 26, 2022, 07:03:23 pm »
Something has to corral the as-yet unburned parts of the corpse while the fire is going, so I believe it's cardboard.  Wood leaves tars all over the burn unit. :shrug:

@Cyber Liberty

Cardboard would burn up before the body.

I don't know,but SUSPECT they just burn the body over some sort of steel arrangement that allows the ashes to fall to a tin "collection container" below where the body burns.

Or,for all I know,they just burn the body over a thick steel plate it is placed on,and then vacuum or sweep up the ashes.

NOT really an authority on burning bodies.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #916 on: May 26, 2022, 07:13:54 pm »
The mobile crematorium trucks that Russia is using do not have companion flatbed trailers loaded with cheap human-sized crates following them around.  So I suspect they can cremate a dead soldier without wood ar corregated.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #917 on: May 26, 2022, 07:15:36 pm »
Hate like hell to find remnants of a wooden orange crate in a human remains urn.   :bolt:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #918 on: May 26, 2022, 07:23:16 pm »
I don't know about the cremation of war dead, but if you're really interested in what goes on in cremation here in the US, this mortician can tell you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX-DeO9fX08

Sorry to take this even farther afield than it was.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #919 on: May 26, 2022, 11:27:43 pm »
Russo-Ukrainian War Video Tank Update for May 26, 2022

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=51519

It’s been three months since Russia invaded Ukraine, and there’s more tank news coming out as the main theater has shifted to eastern Ukraine. Here’s a (mostly) video roundup of the news:

•  We hear a lot about Russia has 20,000 tanks (or some other crazy high number) in reserve. This guy went through satellite photos of all Russian tank storage yards and came up with an estimate of 6,000, only 3,000 of which appear as if they could be made battle ready. (A lot of the photos show hulks with their turrets off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHhgVrKJJoA&t=1s

•   Did Russia’s First Tank Army lose 130 tanks in the Battle of Kharkiv alone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vvpFC80oQM&t=1s

•   Ukraine appears to have knocked out a Russian T-90M tank, the most modern Russian tank that’s actually been fielded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjx_GMLF--Y&t=1s

(There’s still no sign of Russia’s T-14 Armata in-theater.)

•  Update: As of this writing, Russia has lost 729 tanks in Ukraine, and a total of 4,134 “vehicles” (including helicopters, UAVs, and even towed artillery pieces) in theater.

•  Is Russia demothballing T-62s to send to Ukraine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtNn6JD_ySo&t=1s

Remember, the Soviets stopped manufacturing the T-62 in 1975, the same year that the Captain & Tennille and “Rhinestone Cowboy” topped the charts and The Rocky Horror Picture Show debuted in theaters…

•  Ukraine has also taken delivery of the Brimstone anti-tank missile from the UK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW--vLj9yZ4&t=1s

•  Not a tank, but built on a T-72 chassis, is the Russian T-2 “Terminator,” which sports duel 30mm auto-cannons for close support of tanks in urban warfare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoQzC-aF_G4

That does look like it would but a world of hurt on urban defensive positions, but won’t be any more immune to NATO-sourced Ukrainian antitank weapons, and they reportedly only have a handful in-theater.

•  Also not a tank: Ukrainian forces take out a thermobaric (AKA “vacuum bomb”) missile launcher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ycw5phf0Wg&t=3s

•  Turns out that the Russian military’s catastrophic performance in Ukraine is not a great advertisement for its weapon systems, and India is canceling some big deals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAJq8Vn6k9s&t=3s

And in tank news related to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the U.S. is accelerating it’s delivery of M1A2 Abrams tanks to Poland, to back-fill for the Soviet-era tanks Poland gave to Ukraine.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #920 on: May 27, 2022, 01:06:30 am »
Russian mum's fight to save sons from Putin's war

Steve Rosenberg, Moscow - 6 hours ago

When Marina's two sons were conscripted last winter to the Russian army she welcomed the idea of her children doing a year's military service.

"I told them that they had to serve," Marina tells me, "it was their duty to the motherland."

But a few weeks later she began to worry. Her sons had been deployed to an area close to the border with Ukraine.

On 24 February President Vladimir Putin ordered Russian troops to invade Ukraine. That day Marina (not her real name) lost contact with her sons.

"Time stopped for me. I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep," she told me. "I exchanged messages with the mothers of other conscripts from the same unit. It turned out that many of them had lost contact with their children, too."

The Kremlin promised that Russian conscripts would not be sent to Ukraine.

So where were Marina's sons?

"I got in the car and started searching. On the phone one of the commanders insisted that they were on military exercises out in the fields. I said: 'I've driven round all the fields near here where there had been exercises. They're not there. Please don't lie to me.' He hung up."

"Once, out of desperation, I tried to drive into Ukraine. Of course, they didn't let me through. There were check-points everywhere."

"Then the casualties started arriving. I got a call from someone telling me there were dead and wounded. I rushed to the military hospital."

Marina's sons were not there, but she was shocked by what she saw.

"In the military hospital there wasn't enough medicine or bandages. Local residents supplied everything. The soldiers were cold and hungry. Local people with a big heart were bringing food and drink to the hospital."

Eventually someone at her sons' military unit admitted that they were, indeed, in Ukraine.

"I was told the terrifying news: 'Your children have signed military contracts to be professional soldiers. They're taking part in the special military operation [in Ukraine]. They will return as heroes'."

"What on earth are you talking about? They had no plans to sign a contract," was her response. "They've been in the army for three months. They've only held a gun once. They've only been to a firing range once. Most of the time they've been shovelling snow."

"I wrote to the prosecutor-general's office asking to investigate. I told them there was no way my sons could have signed military contracts. I was certain. Other mothers wrote, too. They all knew their children."  .  .  .

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61599932

Online Hoodat

« Reply #921 on: May 27, 2022, 01:31:18 am »
Russia's 'elite' airborne forces involved in 'several notable tactical failures'

01:33

Russia's "elite" airborne forces - the VDV - have sustained "heavy casualties" since the start of the war, the UK's Ministry of Defence (MOD) says in its latest intelligence update.

The 45,000-strong force has been heavily involved in "several notable tactical failures" during the invasion, the department says.

It adds: "This includes the attempted advance on Kyiv via Hostomel Airfield in March, the stalled progress on the Izium axis since April, and the recent failed and costly crossings of the Siverskyi Donets River.

"The VDV has been employed on missions better suited to heavier armoured infantry and has sustained heavy casualties during the campaign.

"Its mixed performance likely reflects a strategic mismanagement of this capability and Russia's failure to secure air superiority."  .  .  .

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-news-live-public-dissatisfaction-predicted-in-russia-after-claim-they-have-lost-as-many-troops-as-in-nine-year-afghan-war-12541713?postid=3945378#liveblog-body

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #922 on: May 27, 2022, 02:15:01 am »
Russia's 'elite' airborne forces involved in 'several notable tactical failures'

01:33

Russia's "elite" airborne forces - the VDV - have sustained "heavy casualties" since the start of the war, the UK's Ministry of Defence (MOD) says in its latest intelligence update.

The 45,000-strong force has been heavily involved in "several notable tactical failures" during the invasion, the department says.

It adds: "This includes the attempted advance on Kyiv via Hostomel Airfield in March, the stalled progress on the Izium axis since April, and the recent failed and costly crossings of the Siverskyi Donets River.

"The VDV has been employed on missions better suited to heavier armoured infantry and has sustained heavy casualties during the campaign.

"Its mixed performance likely reflects a strategic mismanagement of this capability and Russia's failure to secure air superiority."  .  .  .

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-news-live-public-dissatisfaction-predicted-in-russia-after-claim-they-have-lost-as-many-troops-as-in-nine-year-afghan-war-12541713?postid=3945378#liveblog-body

@Hoodat

It is a sad,sad reality that airborne troops that jump into combat are shot all to hell while still in the air,or right after they land and are trying to unstrap all the equipment and get ride of the parachute.

Airborne troops arriving by trucks or on foot at at no more risk than any other infantry soldiers.

Which isn't saying much because the infantry are the people that do most of the actual fighting and dying.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #923 on: May 27, 2022, 12:48:27 pm »
‘We can show you what we’re capable of in six seconds’: Putin’s Chechen warlord protégé Ramzan Kadyrov threatens to attack POLAND in retaliation for its support for Ukraine during invasion

By STEWART CARR FOR MAILONLINE
26 May 2022

President Putin’s protégé Ramzan Kadyrov, the leader of the Chechen Republic, has threatened to launch a military attack on Poland in retaliation for its steadfast support for Ukraine.

Warsaw has been one of President Zelensky’s strongest allies throughout the three-month invasion by Russian forces.

Poland has acted as a gateway for thousands of Ukrainian refugees fleeing to the west, and it has also stood up to Russia in the European Parliament by urging a ban on Russian gas and oil imports, The Telegraph reports.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10859347/Putins-Chechen-warlord-prot-g-Ramzan-Kadyrov-threatens-attack-POLAND-support-Ukraine.html

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #924 on: May 27, 2022, 12:49:54 pm »
Chechens are being kidnapped in 'mass abductions' and forced to fight as 'volunteers' in Russia's war in Ukraine, human rights groups claim

By CHRIS MATTHEWS FOR MAILONLINE
27 May 2022

Chechens are being snatched from their homes in 'mass abductions' and forced to fight as 'volunteers' in Russia's invasion of Ukraine, human rights groups have claimed.

A group that fights against Chechen corruption and Russian propaganda called 1Adat said hundreds were being forced to fight in Ukraine.

President Putin's protégé Ramzan Kadyrov, 45, the leader of the Chechen Republic, is one of the Russian despot's most ardent followers and has frequently shared strong criticisms of the West.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10860007/Chechens-kidnapped-mass-abductions-forced-fight-volunteers-Russias-Ukraine-war.html