Author Topic: Potential DeSantis Challenger Charlie Crist Is ‘Open’ to Forcing Masks in Florida  (Read 267 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Potential DeSantis Challenger Charlie Crist Is ‘Open’ to Forcing Masks in Florida

Hannah Bleau 2 May 2022

Rep. Charlie Crist (D-FL), who is vying to challenge Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) in Florida’s gubernatorial race, said he is “open” to mandating masks in the Sunshine State — a stark contrast from DeSantis, who never once implemented a statewide mask mandate, instead prioritizing freedom throughout the Chinese coronavirus pandemic.

The Democrat made the admission during a campaign event in Wilton Manors, Florida, after an attendee asked if he would be “open to mandating or regulating masks” if need be as governor.

“I would be open to doing what scientists advise — not political scientists,” Crist said. “Yes. I just read an article this morning. I’m glad you brought it up.”

Crist also used the opportunity to virtue-signal, telling attendees that he planned to wear a mask on a plane, even though it is no longer forced, thanks to the ruling of a federal judge out of Florida.

“So I’m going to the airport right after this. I’m going to Orlando, and I’m going to wear a mask on the plane. You don’t have to anymore, but I’m going to because Florida is experiencing an uptick that began this week. And it’s not even the Omicron B2. It’s a new variant,” Crist said.
His remark generated significant mockery across social media, as Florida, under DeSantis’s leadership, has stood as a bastion of freedom in the era of lockdowns and mandates.

“This will be the demise of your Governor campaign!” one user on Twitter said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/02/potential-desantis-challenger-charlie-crist-open-forcing-masks-florida/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
That's a winning strategery Crist!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Go for it.  Have fun spending hundreds of millions of dollars to lose.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online cato potatoe

I don't think we need medical advice from somebody who spends 5 hours per week in a tanning bed.