Author Topic: Inflation Can’t Be Censored by David Catron  (Read 118 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation Can’t Be Censored by David Catron
« on: May 02, 2022, 01:26:46 pm »
 Inflation Can’t Be Censored
High prices broadcast the bad news every time we buy something.
by David Catron
May 1, 2022, 11:32 PM

An increasingly disturbing feature of American politics is the routine suppression of major news stories that reflect poorly on candidates favored by the Fourth Estate. The most egregious example in recent years occurred in October of 2020 when corporate news outlets and social media platforms colluded to bury a New York Post article on Hunter Biden. Fortunately, some stories just aren’t susceptible to such censorship. Inflation is a case in point. It can’t be hidden from the voters because soaring prices shout the bad news from every grocery store shelf and gas pump in the nation.

And the voters don’t like what they’re hearing. A new Gallup poll reports: “Americans’ confidence in the economy remains very low, and mentions of economic issues as the most important problem in the U.S. are at their highest point since 2016.” Moreover, when asked to specify the most important economic issue, inflation topped the list. Not coincidentally, the survey found that Americans identified “the government/poor leadership” as the most important non-economic problem facing the country. This is an evil portent for the Democrats who must defend tiny congressional majorities in the midterms. Politico elaborates:

The professionals who track American attitudes toward the economy say they can see the trouble coming. Angry voters slammed by higher prices and scarred by two years of fighting the pandemic are poised to punish Democrats in midterm elections, according to some of the leading experts in consumer sentiment and behavior. And with inflation persisting and Russia’s war on Ukraine stoking uncertainty, there are indications that public sentiment is getting worse, not better, posing a growing threat to Democrats’ already slim chances of holding onto Congress, they say.

more
https://spectator.org/inflation-cant-be-censored/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Re: Inflation Can’t Be Censored by David Catron
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 01:28:42 pm »
No, but it can be spun into all manner of witch-hunts, which is what they're trying right now, since the "transitory" claim has now been shown for the lie that it is.  Expect "price-gouging" investigations and then price control legislation to follow, as well as windfall profits taxes.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 01:50:08 pm »
Empty supermarket shelves can't be supressed.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 03:05:11 pm »
Empty supermarket shelves can't be supressed.

No, but they can be spun - blamed on someone or something else.  Putin, supply chains, price gouging.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 03:28:39 pm »
Sure, blame Putin and corporate greed, but then confront them with the questions:

What actions is the  Biden Administration taking now to fight inflation and to resolve supply chain disruption?

What is the Commerce Department doing?
What is the Agriculture Department doing?
What is the Transportation deparment doing?
What is the Energy Department doing?
What is the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission doing?
What is the Interstate Commerce Commission doing?
What is the Environmental Protection Agency doing?
What is Medicare doing to reduce cost of medicine and prescriptions?
What is the Federal Trade Commission doing to increase makrket competition?
Have Covid test processing capacity been increased?
Has Covid-19/SARS2 genetic sequencing capacity been increased?
Yadda Yadda Yadda

They will not be able to explicitly enumerate what they are doing because they aren't doing anything.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 03:29:46 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.