Author Topic: Senate GOP to Voters: ‘Don’t Screw up the Primaries’  (Read 314 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate GOP to Voters: ‘Don’t Screw up the Primaries’

Paul Bois 2 May 2022

Senate Republicans have warned primary voters to select the best candidates if they hope to win House and Senate this coming November.

As the GOP primaries accelerate in the coming weeks, several Republican Senators told The Hill  “the party could still screw up what they view as an advantageous political environment.”

“The concern is both an echo from previous cycles, where Republicans feel they got burned at the ballot box because less-electable candidates won a primary and a recognition that with a 50-50 Senate, any one race could make-or-break who wins the majority,” noted The Hill.

Sen. John Thune (R-SD) said Republicans would have a higher than 50 percent chance of recapturing the Senate if the primaries were over.

“It would be a lot higher than 50-50 if the primaries were over and we knew who our nominees were. …[There] are some very contentious, competitive primaries and in states, swing states, in a general election where you’ve got to have good candidates,” Thune said.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) concurred that GOP should perform strong this coming November so long as the party doesn’t “screw up the primaries.”

“We’ve been there before,” said Cornyn. “We’ve shown our ability to do that and that’s why it’s important as always to nominate people who can win general elections, and it remains to be seen.”

The big test this coming mid-term will be former President Donald Trump’s kingmaker status depending on how well his endorsed candidates perform in both the primaries and the general election.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/02/senate-gop-to-voters-dont-screw-up-the-primaries/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Senate GOP to Voters: ‘Don’t Screw up the Primaries’
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 01:14:08 pm »
aka...

You rabble better lock step with the RINO agenda and candidates, or else.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2022, 01:19:00 pm »
Wet noodles said what?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2022, 03:27:01 pm »
Seems to me it is the GOP that screws up primaries(and elections in general) forcing bad candidates on us and throwing a ton of money at them. Where we want strong conservative candidates they want mush brained weaklings that pander to the democrats because 'we need to get along'.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2022, 03:53:23 pm »
Seems to me it is the GOP that screws up primaries(and elections in general) forcing bad candidates on us and throwing a ton of money at them. Where we want strong conservative candidates they want mush brained weaklings that pander to the democrats because 'we need to get along'.

Correct the GOP will F up anything. One cannot run on the R party UNLESS you are a current RINO or indicate you will be one if elected to get any support from the RNC. That is the real world we live in today and UNTIL a NEW OPPOSITION party is formed it will just get worse and More complaining.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 05:17:45 pm »
If the GOPe would stop funding candidates before the Primaries and letting the voters decide, that would be great.  Right now, Murder Turtle is sending cash to Murkowski and the RNCC is pumping lucre into Liz Cheney's campaign.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 05:24:42 pm »
If the GOPe would stop funding candidates before the Primaries and letting the voters decide, that would be great.  Right now, Murder Turtle is sending cash to Murkowski and the RNCC is pumping lucre into Liz Cheney's campaign.

:amen:

I no longer identify as a Republican because of this very thing. 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 05:34:49 pm »
:amen:

I no longer identify as a Republican because of this very thing. 

I've started considering myself a "true" RINO.  Like @DefiantMassRINO.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 05:56:22 pm »
I don't know if I conform to any specific political label.

I'm fall somewhere in that Conservative Democrat / Socially Liberal Republican / Small Government Republican / Fiscally Conservative / Manifest Destiny / 1987 Immigration Reform Act political donut-hole that exists to today.

Bush '43 tools called out anyone who didn't believe in their big government / government choosing economic winners / global trade / globalist / foreign nation building as a RINO - even though I believe in limited, small, fiscally responsible Government and private, competitive, market capotalism.

I fess to being pro-Choice ... we need to keep Big Government out of the womb.

I'm an extinct traditional New England, Teddy Roosevelt Republican.

I learned from 1970s white flight that running away makes things worse, not better.  You stand-up for your beliefs; not run away from them.

I look forward to the day when the GOP is a sane, center-right, bigger tent, grass-roots driven party with power belonging to local and state committiees versus the DC Chamber-of-Commerce RNC Deathstar.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 09:22:29 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 07:44:51 pm »
You Republicans that unite are lock-stepping, you democrats that have lockstepper for DECADES, of course get a pass.  Let us not forget, whatever democrats do and have done, its all the Republicans and Trumps fault.  that's how stupid and easy they think you are to manipulate.  Well are you?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
 wink777
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2022, 09:08:40 pm »
You Republicans that unite are lock-stepping, you democrats that have lockstepper for DECADES, of course get a pass.  Let us not forget, whatever democrats do and have done, its all the Republicans and Trumps fault.  that's how stupid and easy they think you are to manipulate.  Well are you?
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
 wink777

I'm considered a "GOP official" and I agree with you.
I will NOT comply.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 09:24:30 pm »
First heard it in 1967, "there is not a dimes worth of difference".  Screw the uniparty.  Nuke DC.