Author Topic: Blue State Blues: I Can’t Wait Until Conservatives Run the ‘Disinformation Governance Board’  (Read 456 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Blue State Blues: I Can’t Wait Until Conservatives Run the ‘Disinformation Governance Board’

Joel B. Pollak 29 Apr 2022

This week, the Biden administration launched a “Disinformation Governance Board” in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, led by a hack who promoted the Russia collusion conspiracy theory and denied that Hunter Biden’s laptop was real.

It’s like something out of George Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty–Four, and reflects a) the left’s conceit that it has a monopoly on truth; and b) the left’s desire to criminalize dissent, debate, and political opposition, so that it can hold onto power forever.

Notably, there is not one prominent Democrat who has come out against the idea — though liberal constitutional scholar Jonathan Turley noted that Democrats seem to have embraced old-fashioned state-run censorship, now that Elon Musk is buying Twitter and threatening the left’s corporate censorship regime. (MSNBC’s Ari Melber gave the game away when he fretted that Musk could use Twitter to “ban one party’s candidate,” as if Twitter had not already done so to Donald Trump.)

We are beyond the point where most Democrats can be convinced to abandon a bad idea by pointing to abstract principles like the First Amendment — which was, after all, crafted by white males, some of whom owned slaves, and therefore null.

The only time Democrats seem to understand that what they are doing is wrong is when Republicans do something like it to them, the way Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is punishing Disney. Two wrongs don’t make a right, but they do make a deterrent.

With that in mind, I would like to propose the following priorities for the Disinformation Governance Board, once it is run by solid conservatives after the 2024 election, assuming the voting system is not rigged to preclude that outcome entirely:

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/04/29/blue-state-blues-i-cant-wait-until-conservatives-run-the-disinformation-governance-board/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34