Author Topic: What a Week This Has Been.. Clarice Feldman  (Read 57 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What a Week This Has Been.. Clarice Feldman
« on: April 24, 2022, 01:28:44 pm »
April 24, 2022
What a Week This Has Been
By Clarice Feldman

My quiet neighborhood in the capital, which is patrolled by the Metropolitan Police, the U.S. Park Police, and the Secret Service’s Foreign Missions Branch, has been the site of an unprecedented number of crimes. Someone -- identity unknown as far as I know -- tried to break into and presumably rob the Peruvian ambassador whose home is about four blocks away. Four blocks in the opposite direction, a sniper shot four people and then killed himself. The roads were blocked by law enforcement. The search for the shooter involved police helicopters circling overhead for hours. At about the same time the shooter was committing suicide, a woman leapt eight stories from an apartment building a block from my home, apparently to escape from a man who was abusing her. Then, some distance from here, at the Supreme Court, a man set himself on fire.

All this as spring in Washington is at its most glorious. The dogwoods are in full blossom, the tulips and daffodils are in bloom and the azaleas are about to bathe every lawn and hillside in red, pink, and white. Beautiful cardinals are swooping about gathering nesting materials. The juxtaposition of the glories of nature with the madness of men was dramatic. I’d find this depressing -- except on the national scene this has been a rare, wonderful week for the rational.

It seems that on multiple occasions sanity is prevailing over nuttiness.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/04/what_a_week_this_has_been.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34