Author Topic: Gov. Abbott Is Staging Political Theater As The Border Explodes.. John Daniel Davidson  (Read 156 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gov. Abbott Is Staging Political Theater As The Border Explodes
By: John Daniel Davidson
April 15, 2022

There seems to be some confusion about what’s happening along the border in Texas, where Gov. Greg Abbott last week ordered state troopers to begin inspecting every commercial vehicle coming into the state from Mexico at more than two dozen international crossings.

Abbott claims these “enhanced safety inspections” are needed to check for human trafficking, weapons, and drugs coming in from Mexico. Federal authorities usually conduct these inspections but, says Abbott, given the dramatic increase in illegal border-crossings and the looming cancellation of Title 42, which for the past two years has allowed for the speedy expulsion of most illegal immigrants, another layer of inspections is warranted.

But the real purpose of the inspections is to grind commercial traffic at the border to a halt to put pressure on President Biden to deal with a border crisis that’s about to get exponentially worse. Abbott said as much in a press conference Wednesday with Samuel Alejandro García Sepúlveda, the governor of the Mexican state of Nuevo León, announcing an agreement to work together on border security.

More:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/04/15/gov-abbott-is-staging-political-theater-as-the-border-explodes/
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 08:53:19 pm by Cyber Liberty »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"There seems to be some confusion about what’s happening along the border in Texas, where Gov. Greg Abbott last week ordered state troopers to begin inspecting every commercial vehicle coming into the state from Mexico at more than two dozen international crossings."

This should be "standard operating procedure" at EVERY border crossing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year...

Offline libertybele

Abbott is in a really tough position. The WH refuses to acknowledge the crisis and is about ready to make it impossible to even slightly curb the influx. 

Amnesty perhaps is just around the corner as well as granting these illegals the right to vote.  Voila - TX will turn blue.

Is the gov't still flying them in to different parts of the country?  If so -- Voila -- more red states will turn blue.

IF the DEMS can capture both TX and FL, the GOP doesn't stand a chance of winning seats for a very, very long time.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 12:02:22 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I thought it was one helluva good play.
The Republic is lost.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Abbott is in a really tough position. The WH refuses to acknowledge the crisis and is about ready to make it impossible to even slightly curb the influx. 

Amnesty perhaps is just around the corner as well as granting these illegals the right to vote.  Voila - TX will turn blue.

Is the gov't still flying them in to different parts of the country?  If so -- Voila -- more red states will turn blue.

IF the DEMS can capture both TX and FL, the GOP doesn't stand a chance of winning seats for a very, very long time.
If illegals rape or kill my daughter or my house is broken into, I will not be demanding DC do anything about it.

It is the responsibility of my state's government to protect its citizens, regardless of whatever the feds to.

Abbott needs to get his ass in gear rather than just politicing and forcing stunts.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington