Author Topic: Millionaire Heiress Abigail Disney Trashes U.S. in Documentary: American Dream Is a ‘Nightmare’ for  (Read 202 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Millionaire Heiress Abigail Disney Trashes U.S. in Documentary: American Dream Is a ‘Nightmare’ for Most

David Ng 14 Apr 2022

Abigail Disney inherited her fortune from her famous family, which built an empire on selling the public an idealized version of Main Street, USA. Now the left-wing heiress is trashing the same ideal in a new documentary in which she calls the American Dream a “nightmare” for most people.

The American Dream and Other Fairy Tales, which premiered this year at the Sundance Film Festival, examines the pay gap of Disney employees — focusing on wage earners, or “cast members,” at Disneyland, some of whom say they are unable to afford sufficient food on their pay.

Their plight stands in contrast to the lavish compensation packages received by Disney’s top executives. Last year, Disney CEO Bob Chapek saw his compensation more than double to $32.5 million from the $14.2 million he made a year earlier.

The documentary, which Abigail Disney directed with Kathleen Hughes, explores “America’s dysfunctional and unequal economy and asks why the American dream has worked for the wealthy, yet is a nightmare for people born with less,” the movie’s official site states.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/04/14/millionaire-heiress-abigail-disney-trashes-u-s-in-documentary-american-dream-is-a-nightmare-for-most/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Pissing upstream from her own drinking hole.  Typical liberal.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well she has plenty of money to get her ass out of this hellhole, she should move to Europe and renounce her citizenship. She might consider that the enterprise that made her wealthy is complicit in keeping Americans from achieving the American dream by raping their wallets at the gate, food, beverage and other concessions. Just one more wealthy mentally ill communist who feels entitled to speak for others.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
GT observed:
"She might consider that the enterprise that made her wealthy is complicit in keeping Americans from achieving the American dream by raping their wallets at the gate, food, beverage and other concessions. Just one more wealthy mentally ill communist who feels entitled to speak for others."

Once more, I'll repost this excerpt from Whittaker Chambers' "Witness":
============================================
After that confrontation, I returned to my office at Time and went through the motions of working. Everyone was kind. No one pressed me. One day Henry Luce called me up and asked me to come to supper.

There were three of us. The second guest was a nimble, witty European whom I shall call Smetana. At supper, most of the talk was between Luce and Smetana. I was a rather silent guest. I was too fresh from the shadows; bright conversation hurt my mind. In fact, I had left behind the world of Time and those who lived within it. It was only the friendliest of fictions that I still belonged to it.

No one mentioned Communism or the Hiss Case until we sat over our coffee in the living room. Mrs. Philip Jessup had just used her personal good offices to try to get me off Time. Luce was baffled by the implacable clamor of the most enlightened people against me. “By any Marxian pattern of how classes behave,” he said, “the upper class should be for you and the lower classes should be against you. But it is the upper class that is most violent against you. How do you explain that?”

“You don’t understand the class structure of American society,” said Smetana, “or you would not ask such a question. In the United States, the working class are Democrats. The middle class are Republicans. The upper class are Communists.”

Offline mountaineer

So leave. Venezuela is lovely, I hear.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org