Author Topic: States fight Biden's prison-to-streets pipeline for illegal immigrant convicts  (Read 196 times)

rebewranger

States fight Biden's prison-to-streets pipeline for illegal immigrant convicts

There’s been a more than eleven-fold increase in the number of illegal immigrant offenders let out of Texas prisons and into the general population.

By The Center Square Staff
By James Varney
Updated: April 1, 2022 - 12:14am

The Biden administration has allowed a more than eleven-fold increase in the number of illegal immigrant offenders let out of Texas prisons and into the general U.S. population, despite federal immigration law requiring ICE to take convicts into custody after serving their time, usually in advance of deportation.

The disclosure emerges from state-initiated litigation that is beginning to shed light on what critics call the administration's secretive and lenient handling of immigrants beginning last year – treatment that is imperiling public safety, alarmed state authorities say.

Soon after President Joe Biden assumed office a year ago January, agents of federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement began dropping their usually automatic requests to take custody from Texas authorities of immigrant convicts set to be released from the state's prisons and jails, so they could be deported.

In the past, few such convicts were exempt from the process. From 2017 to 2020, ICE had declined to take into custody from Texas no more than a dozen such so-called "detainers" a year – typically those in poor health or with unresolved immigration issues.

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/states-fight-bidens-prison-streets-pipeline-illegal-immigrant-convicts

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Upon release, give them a one-way bus ticket to Washington, DC.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Upon release, give them a one-way bus ticket to Washington, DC.

Or Delaware.