Author Topic: Biden in a bind as Ukraine crisis fails to pump up polls  (Read 160 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden in a bind as Ukraine crisis fails to pump up polls
« on: March 26, 2022, 01:38:09 pm »
The Memo: Biden in a bind as Ukraine crisis fails to pump up polls
By Niall Stanage - 03/26/22 05:58 AM EDT

President Biden is astride the world stage, charting a steady course on the Ukraine crisis — but it’s not doing him much good at home.

Biden has largely done what he said he would regarding Ukraine, maintaining a high degree of Western unity against Russian President Vladimir Putin while avoiding tactics that would cause the conflict to escalate.

His approval ratings have barely budged.

That’s a sizable problem for a president whose party faces a high risk of losing control of Congress in midterm elections that are now about seven months away.

Voters don’t necessarily dislike what Biden is doing in Ukraine. Nor are they indifferent to the suffering seen in Kyiv, Mariupol and other Ukrainian cities as the Russian invasion enters its second month.

But other problems — inflation above all — figure far more prominently in American voters’ lives. And unless Biden can ameliorate those troubles, his party may suffer steep losses in November. Such an outcome would leave the president tightly constrained by a GOP-led Congress for the final two years of his first term.

In that scenario, “the only thing I’ll have then is a veto pen,” Biden warned Democrats at a party retreat in Philadelphia earlier this month.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/599829-the-memo-biden-in-a-bind-as-ukraine-crisis-fails-to-pump-up-polls
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Biden in a bind as Ukraine crisis fails to pump up polls
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 01:52:58 pm »
And if the food shortages and the accompanying price hikes for food materialize as predicted, it’s likely his polling  will drop even further
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 01:57:27 pm »
And if the food shortages and the accompanying price hikes for food materialize as predicted, it’s likely his polling  will drop even further

He's bouncing HARD into the Liberal Democrat 30% base... Anything under 35% or so... he's eating his own.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 02:00:39 pm »
Hope the gop will shove his veto pen up his adult diaper and rectim
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 02:01:32 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2022, 02:05:31 pm »

I think a health crisis is going to derail the Biden presidency, and Camel-uh will rule as a silent proxy until the dim's '24 reset.

Dim strategist are likely in panic mode right now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.