Author Topic: Home Depot Tells Its Staff They're White-Privileged Oppressors and Marginalized Victims  (Read 615 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Home Depot Tells Its Staff They're White-Privileged Oppressors and Marginalized Victims
By Alex Parker | Mar 25, 2022 2:30 AM ET

There’s a place where privilege reigns supreme, where some suffer while others royally rule. It’s a realm of radical difference, a dimension of dreadful disparity.

If you dare stare into the frightful face of inequity, look no further than the pernicious prince-and-pauper paradigm playing out at The Home Depot.

I’m speaking of the unjust variance among the store’s staff.

You’ve no doubt noticed it — while on the prowl for the perfect piece of PVC pipe or a sexy pirate yard ornament, you couldn’t help but observe the vast array of social ladder rungs represented by the viceroys and victims in orange aprons.

Thankfully, the home improvement chain recently attempted to reshuffle society’s deck.

Twitter account Libs of Tik Tok posted a Home Depot employee worksheet called “Unpacking Privilege.” It defines the “P” word as “a special benefit or advantage that may be earned or unearned.”

“A person may or may not be aware that they are benefitting from privilege,” the handout states.

Those helping do-it-yourselfers locate a two-pound bag of bat guano or econo-size container of coyote urine should be versed in privilege of two types:

Social Privilege

Special, unearned advantage or entitlement, used to one’s own benefit or to the detriment of others. These groups can be advantaged based on social class, age, disability, ethnic or racial category, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and religion.

White Privilege

Societal privileges that benefit white people beyond what is commonly experienced by people of color under the same social, political and economic circumstances.

The looks of privilege are laid out:

If while growing up, college was an expectation of you, not a dream, you have class privilege.
        If you can expect time off from work to celebrate your religious holidays, you have Christian privilege.
        If you can use public bathrooms without stares, fear or anxiety, you have cisgender privilege.
        If you don’t have to worry about how to get into a store, you have able-bodied privilege.
        If you don’t have to explain that your spouse is of the same gender, you have heterosexual privilege.

more
https://redstate.com/alexparker/2022/03/25/home-depot-tells-its-staff-theyre-white-privilege-oppressors-and-marginalized-victims-n540669
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Somebody should be suing these bastards for discrimination.

Online DefiantMassRINO

That's stupid.  Many of their customers are heterosexual, white, Christian, males of western European descent.

Home Depot did not issue an outright denial.  They claimed plausible deniability by asserting that it was from a Calgary, Alberta, Canada, store and corporate HQ hadn't approved it.

At best, it's local or regional manager attempting to be a social justice warrior - better to ask for forgiveness than permission - to make an omelette, you need to break some eggs - the ends justify the means - etc.

At worst, Home Depot was market testing a pilot project that failed fast, failed early, and failed majorly.

Politifact - Home Depot document on racial and social privilege isn’t used for required employee training
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/mar/24/facebook-posts/home-depot-document-racial-and-social-privilege-is/

11Alive - Claim about viral Home Depot privilege training guide needs context
The resource was not authorized, the company said.
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/verify/viral-home-depot-privilege-training-guide/85-5e98f9d1-5c02-4615-9171-4069f2cd9e87

PennLive - ‘Woke’ Home Depot flyer discussing white privilege a ‘resource’ but ‘not required,’ says company
https://www.pennlive.com/life/2022/03/woke-home-depot-flyer-discussing-white-privilege-a-resource-but-not-required-says-company.html

New York Post - Home Depot hammered for shaming employees for their ‘white privilege’
https://nypost.com/2022/03/23/home-depot-ripped-for-shaming-employees-over-white-privilege/

US News & World Report - Home Depot: Worksheet on Privilege Gone Viral Not Authorized
Home Depot says a worksheet about privilege that went viral is an unauthorized document from the home improvement company's Canada division.
https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2022-03-23/home-depot-worksheet-on-privilege-gone-viral-not-authorized

Market Watch - Here’s the truth behind that Home Depot ‘privilege’ training guide going viral
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-the-truth-behind-that-home-depot-privilege-training-guide-going-viral-11648054243

Business Insider - Home Depot says Canadian worksheet on 'unpacking privilege' was unauthorized after conservatives accuse company of going 'woke'
https://www.businessinsider.com/home-depot-unpacking-privilege-document-twitter-canada-unapproved-2022-3
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Wow, this same thing worked out so well for the Salvation Army....

As far as I am concerned now...    Lowes Knows.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Sooooooo- eeeee!!!!!

Home Depot sure came through with the Company  Bonus this Year!!!!

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
" If while growing up, college was an expectation of you, not a dream, you have class privilege.
   If you can expect time off from work to celebrate your religious holidays, you have Christian privilege.
   If you can use public bathrooms without stares, fear or anxiety, you have cisgender privilege.
   If you don’t have to worry about how to get into a store, you have able-bodied privilege.
   If you don’t have to explain that your spouse is of the same gender, you have heterosexual privilege."

This rates an extra-large Fishrrman:
EGADS !!!

"Christian privilege" ???
"Able-bodied privilege ???
"Heterosexual privilege" ???
EGADS !!!!

Online Hoodat

Looks like I'll be shopping at Lowe's from now on.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DefiantMassRINO

I checked 6 of those 7 boxes.  Yeah, my class privilege was lacking.  I was expected to go to college, but I did not expect to have enough money to actually attend.  I'll half-check that box.

So, what do I win for scoring 92.9% on the Home Depot Privilege Test?  Is there a legacy admission or a trust fund I can claim?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I miss the old commie rants about 'insidious and nefarious bourgeoise capitalist pigs!' and 'we will bury you!'

This new woke stuff has no soul.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

I miss the old commie rants about 'insidious and nefarious bourgeoise capitalist pigs!' and 'we will bury you!'

This new woke stuff has no soul.

:silly:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I wonder where this document really came from?

Did you notice the way "colour" is spelled?

It is not American-originated

Crap like this is how to internally destroy this nation by assigning everyone into groups and pitting them against each other.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 01:35:00 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

Looks like I'll be shopping at Lowe's from now on.

Apparently it was some Canadian store that did this and was not approved by corporate.

Online Hoodat

Apparently it was some Canadian store that did this and was not approved by corporate.

Thanks.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-