Author Topic: Joe Biden: Food Shortages ‘Going to Be Real’ Due to Russia War in Ukraine  (Read 474 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden: Food Shortages ‘Going to Be Real’ Due to Russia War in Ukraine

Charlie Spiering 24 Mar 2022

President Joe Biden acknowledged during a press conference in Brussels on Thursday that food shortages will hit the world as a result of Russia’s war in Ukraine.

“It’s going to be real,” Biden said when asked about discussions with world leaders about food shortages.

He pointed out that Russia and Ukraine were considered the “breadbasket of Europe,” producing nearly a third of wheat exports around the world. Biden also previewed tough times ahead for food supplies across the globe.

“The price of these sanctions is not just imposed upon Russia; it’s imposed upon an awful lot of countries, as well, including European countries and our country, as well,” Biden said.

Biden said he and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau promised European leaders the United States and Canada will act to bolster their supplies of grain.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/03/24/joe-biden-food-shortages-going-be-real-russia-war-ukraine/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Well I guess I will go to the store tomorrow and stock up on flour, pasta and anything with wheat...before the hordes empty the shelves like they did with toilet paper and paper towels,,
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Kamaji

And so what is the U.S. doing to mitigate these risks?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Good question... :shrug:
Support the USO

Offline rustynail

Expanding the availability of Gluten Free/Fat Free products.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Joe brings us invented crisis after invented crisis, promising paradise, delivering desolation.  Why its just clear as day, Joe the blameless is the utopian messiah of desolation.  Thanks roamer, now when the Republican party is abolished or the nation destroyed, we can all live in the utopia of democrat rule only.  Where people celebrate watching the bulldozers bury the useful clueless fools and who ever else isn't one of the ultra rich.  Utopia, Utopia, Utopia!
 :media: :reaper: :reaper: :reaper: :media:
The blameless messiah is here and here with a vengeance!
 :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline DefiantMassRINO

They've tried nothing, and they are out of ideas.

Dems have already forsaken America.  Go ahead, I double dog dare you to try to do something in this country?  Nothing but obstacles.  Government is an enemy of doing business in America.

Want to open a microchip factory?  Dems will say America can't compete.

Want to manufacture? Dems will say America can't compete.

The Dems have left this country for dead.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Joe is gonna give away Government Cheese and an edible legume imported from Canada in the soup lines.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Biden, the erstwhile "savior of America" who drove out the Evil Trump demon and led his faithful to the promised land has become more like a Jim Jones figure. Biden is the prophet of gloom and doom. He promised us a winter "of misery and death". He is doing everything possible to devalue and eventually crash the U.S. Dollar. He shut down all American energy production. Now he is calling for "food shortages". Biden really is the Jim Jones President leading America to an inevitable national suicide.

Democrats have absolutely zero understanding of economics. 'Value' is based on scarcity. No scarcity, no value. If every person in the country gets $300, then $300 becomes the new zero. If everyone starts with 300, then 300 becomes the baseline and prices adjust to compensate.

That's how math works. It is not magic. It's just simple arithmetic. But even simple math seems to be beyond the grasp of Democrats.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 09:57:25 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline christian

All praise his 'holy majesty, Joe the immaculate, and his entourage of faithful stooges that made/make him so immaculate!  They lead us down this path with tenacity, now let's see how many claim their handiwork!  NeverTrumpers are a given.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Offline mountaineer

Well I guess I will go to the store tomorrow and stock up on flour, pasta and anything with wheat...before the hordes empty the shelves like they did with toilet paper and paper towels,,
I'm good on pasta, but need to get AP flour and whole wheat flour. I have enough TP to last through 2022, but who knows whether that will be enough.  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden warns of 'real' food shortage risk over Russia's invasion into Ukraine
By Alex Gangitano - 03/24/22 06:03 PM EDT

President Biden warned Thursday that there could be global food shortages resulting from the Russia invasion of Ukraine and announced steps to prevent a potential crisis.

“We did talk about food shortages. And it's going to be real. The price of these sanctions is not just imposed upon Russia, it’s imposed upon an awful lot of countries as well, including European countries and our country as well,” Biden said at a press conference from Brussels, where he is meeting with NATO leaders.

Both Russia and Ukraine, for example, are providers of wheat, Biden noted, though he pointed out that the U.S. and Canada are both major wheat producers, too.

The president announced his intention to redouble combined efforts with the European Union to increase global food security and provide direct food aid, where warranted, to prevent a crisis in a joint statement with European Union President von der Leyen on Thursday.

The president said NATO leaders talked about urging all the European countries and everyone else “to end trade restrictions on limitations on sending food abroad.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/599678-biden-warns-of-food-shortage-from-russias-invasion-into-ukraine
Support the USO

Offline rustynail

Offline mountaineer

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Things to stock up on now if you don't already have it is sugar 50lbs, water 100gal, dried beans, dried fruit, bulk spices, dried vegetables such as onion, chive, celery, mushrooms, and others, along with a ton of rice and pasta. Got all this stuff along with 5 cases of ramen and tons of canned goods. Remember that you can freeze bread and milk, not just meat. And you can get powdered eggs and milk as well. It might be too late now but you can never have too much coffee and cocoa. Also, bought a gross of paper plates, Solo cups, and cutlery so if I cannot wash dishes I can just throw them away.

Isopropyl, Tylenol, floss, and other sundry medical stuff. Laundry and dish soap, shampoo and body wash.

Always better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. Good luck guys.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

Good question... :shrug:

I second that. If these shortages do come about as predicted, that will be a question the electorate will have for the  administration
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Do you really think the obese blue hairs with Antifa badges will opt to go on a diet and lose weight when the food shortages arrive? No, they’ll just come after your food instead and raid the grocery stores.
9:40 PM · Mar 24, 2022·

Truth.

Offline LMAO

Ian Miles Cheong
@stillgray
Do you really think the obese blue hairs with Antifa badges will opt to go on a diet and lose weight when the food shortages arrive? No, they’ll just come after your food instead and raid the grocery stores.
9:40 PM · Mar 24, 2022·

Truth.

And that will be combined with the continuing ammo shortage

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Plus Pedo Joe announced he is going to share the U.S. natural gas supply with Europe to help defray Russian imports.

So, what that means, is that our supply will tighten, and prices will shoot up.  SINCE Pedo Joe has no inclination of encouraging oil production northwestern quadrisphere. Get ready for massive utility cost increases, as the utililies pass on the these increased.

But back to the subject at hand.......

I am pretty old, and can remember back well in the 1960's, and I do not EVER remember hearing terms like "food shortages" being bantered around.  As far as I am concerned this is unprecedented in this country.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Natural Selection.....

Sometimes problems fix themselves.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Plus Pedo Joe announced he is going to share the U.S. natural gas supply with Europe to help defray Russian imports.

So, what that means, is that our supply will tighten, and prices will shoot up.  SINCE Pedo Joe has no inclination of encouraging oil production northwestern quadrisphere. Get ready for massive utility cost increases, as the utililies pass on the these increased.

But back to the subject at hand.......

I am pretty old, and can remember back well in the 1960's, and I do not EVER remember hearing terms like "food shortages" being bantered around.  As far as I am concerned this is unprecedented in this country.

I expect Joe to return to the good old days of WWII... Rationing.   
You know, Sacrificing for the Common Good.
Doing Our Duty by Doing Without!   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

I have loads of .22LR. Need to become more accomplished with my dad's old WWII .22 pistol, I guess, if the mob is coming to my basement to steal pasta and canned beans.

Offline libertybele

I could be way off base here, but every time I read of Joe's the U.S. is in dire straits and we Americans are going to have to toughen up and get used to hard times comments, makes me believe the he is stuck in the mindset of the Great Depression and/or WWII. Perhaps he wants to inflict hard times and then he will come along with a 'program'(s) to save the day???? Making the DEMS the miracle workers??

There are some things that he could do to avoid the upcoming hardships such as making us energy independent again.  We are the largest grain producer in the world, so .... I question why that predicted hardship?  We have all kinds of ranchers and farmers, so again why that hardship??  I realize China is the #1 producer of fertilizer, but certainly being #3 in fertilizer production, we can't come up with a better way, or perhaps natural way to produce fertilizer??

Last but not least in my thoughts is, ok Joe, what kind of deal did you make with China?  Let's Go Brandon!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
  We have all kinds of ranchers and farmers, so again why that hardship??  I realize China is the #1 producer of fertilizer, but certainly being #3 in fertilizer production, we can't come up with a better way, or perhaps natural way to produce fertilizer??

Farmers can also grow things like Soy Beans which have a much less intensive demand for fertilizers, insecticide, herbicides, etc.

Beans can be a huge supplemental food source for this country in light of losses of other grains and meats.  Things may not be as tasty, but we certainly won't starve.

Offline christian

Joe and Putins invented food shortages will be real, Joes damaging Putin with confessed worthless sanctions, the farce it was intended to be from the git go..  The curtain is being pulled back wizard, get some clothes on Joe!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: