Author Topic: Cheney: Use of chemical weapons is 'red line' for NATO intervention  (Read 349 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shayna Greene
Sun, March 20, 2022, 11:27 AM·

Rep. Liz Cheney on Sunday agreed with Chuck Todd on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that the use of chemical weapons should be a “red line” for NATO to intervene in Ukraine.

“I think that we in the West, the United States and NATO — we need to stop telling the Russians what we won't do,” Cheney (R-Wyo.) said. “We need to be very clear that we are considering all options, that the use of chemical weapons is certainly something that would alter our calculations.”

Russian forces have bombed schools, hospitals and other civilian centers within the four weeks of their assault on Ukraine. Now, global leaders are concerned Russia is about to employ the use of chemical weapons.

Earlier in the month, Russia accused Ukraine of harboring chemical weapons, which U.S. officials believe to be a “false-flag” strategy to give Russia justification to use its own chemical or biological weaponry.

The term “red line” was also used by then-President Barack Obama in 2013. Obama had threatened airstrikes against Syrian government forces as a consequence for using chemical weapons. In that situation, Russian leader Vladimir Putin offered to force close ally Syrian President Bashar Assad to surrender his chemical arsenal if Obama promised not to bomb.

more
https://www.yahoo.com/news/cheney-chemical-weapons-red-line-162729917.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

Re: Cheney: Use of chemical weapons is 'red line' for NATO intervention
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 04:47:57 pm »
Cheney who?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 06:11:46 pm »
The family of warmongers speaks again. Wonder what they're gonna make money on if NATO invades?
The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2022, 06:25:46 pm »
So O'Bastard's red line now comes in vanilla?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 06:30:14 pm »
Trump's no longer President.  That "red line" was most likely drawn with a pink eyeliner pencil.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 06:46:03 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 08:01:06 pm »
Sorry Cheney, you don't get to make red lines or decide what happens if they are crossed. Only a warmongering Cheney would want WWIII and the death and destruction involved.......just to make a buck. She acts as if she would be presidential candidate, if anyone would ever choose her, leaving the biggest question of for which party?

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 08:14:40 pm »
Sorry Cheney, you don't get to make red lines or decide what happens if they are crossed. Only a warmongering Cheney would want WWIII and the death and destruction involved.......just to make a buck. She acts as if she would be presidential candidate, if anyone would ever choose her, leaving the biggest question of for which party?

IF we make it to the '24 elections, I have no doubt that Cheney, Mittens and other GOPe/RINO's will be contending for the presidential nomination.  IF one of them gets the nomination, I won't be voting.  Why should I be voting for someone that doesn't represent a positive path forward for this country?  More of the same from the political elite club.

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 08:17:32 pm »
The family of warmongers speaks again. Wonder what they're gonna make money on if NATO invades?

Exactly. I found her comment of chemical weapons alarming; she's the one that brought that issue up, especially since it has been 'rumored' that the U.S. has bio labs over in Ukraine (just ask Hunter and Joe).
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2022, 08:25:19 pm »
Got Yellow Cake Uranium?

It Does An Invasion Good.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2022, 09:06:18 pm »
Nothing like telling Zelinsky how to get us into the war.   **nononono*

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2022, 09:16:01 pm »
Nothing like telling Zelinsky how to get us into the war.   **nononono*
Cheney has no authority or power to 'get us into war'.
This is only one single person's opinion.
And America would not be the first on the field anyway.
If chemical weapons are used in continental Europe, there are many players who would be much, much, much, more concerned about it than America. We have to accept the new American (semi-Third World) status under Biden. Nobody gives a shit what America thinks. Hell man, Biden or his clown-car staff can't even get anyone to take their calls.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2022, 08:34:26 am »
I see no red line with Biden as POTUS.  Putin and Xi both completely own his traitorous *ss.  His bribe machine, the family business, has compromised this POS more than any prior politician in our history.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2022, 10:02:25 am »
Meanwhile, the entire world is still reeling from a chinese bio weapons attack.... nothing..

Offline bilo

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2022, 03:51:36 pm »
IF we make it to the '24 elections, I have no doubt that Cheney, Mittens and other GOPe/RINO's will be contending for the presidential nomination.  IF one of them gets the nomination, I won't be voting.  Why should I be voting for someone that doesn't represent a positive path forward for this country?  More of the same from the political elite club.

:amen:

I'm of the same mind. I see no reason to vote for a Pub at any political level if I see the slightest rino tendencies. Enough is Enough!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline rustynail

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2022, 04:14:43 pm »
She certainly has a high opinion of herself.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2022, 04:58:21 pm »
So, it's ok if the Ukrainians are bombed into oblivion as long as there are no chemical weapons...  :shrug: