Author Topic: ‘Little Miss Nobody’ identified 62 years after girl’s body found in Arizona desert  (Read 244 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘Little Miss Nobody’ identified 62 years after girl’s body found in Arizona desert

By Joshua Rhett Miller
March 14, 2022

A girl dubbed “Little Miss Nobody” has been identified some 62 years after her burned body was discovered buried in a remote Arizona desert, authorities said.

The Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office will identify the girl Tuesday during a press conference at a community college in Prescott.

“The unidentified little girl who won the hearts of Yavapai County in 1960 and who occupied the minds and time of YCSO and partner for 62 years will now rightfully be given her name back and will no longer need to be referred to as Little Miss Nobody,” sheriff officials said in a statement.

The girl, believed to be between the ages of 3 and 6, was discovered by a teacher searching for rocks in Sand Creek Wash near Congress in July 1960. She had likely been dead for up to two weeks and her body had been burned, KNXV reported.

The girl’s death was ruled a homicide and a set of adult shoe prints were found near the site, but investigators never narrowed down any suspects. The young victim was ultimately identified via DNA analysis conducted by a Texas-based laboratory, according to the station.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/03/14/little-miss-nobody-idd-62-years-after-body-found-in-arizona/

Offline Kamaji

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
dna genetics has made amazing strides.

I am sure this Houston based lab was FTDNA.  They, Ancestry, and 23/Me all have databases, that catalog, who not only who you are related to, but how close.  This based on strand cM match lengths.  (centimorgan).

In my case, I have catalogged  all 4th cousin and closer matches so extensively, that in 90% cases on matches, I can tell generally what part the family a new user is, as related to me, based on triangulaton of all the users prior matches to.

Once you have that data, and it pares down real easily, you with a bit of research can likely find the common ancestor. I've helped dozens with this, in this part of their research

Surprised law enforcement has utilized methods like I have use to ID all "John, Jane, Does and Miss Nobody's".  Wouldn't be that actually hard, unless they are immigarants, or from a narrow tree'd family.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.