Author Topic: Comedian & Tesla Owner Worth $75M Says It’s Morally Good to Pay $15 a Gallon for Gas  (Read 333 times)

rebewranger

Comedian & Tesla Owner Worth $75M Says It’s Morally Good to Pay $15 a Gallon for Gas
Joseph Vazquez
March 8th, 2022 10:04 AM

Was it part of multimillionaire CBS comedian Stephen Colbert’s routine to look like a complete hypocrite by lecturing people about the morals of paying higher gas prices?

The Late Show host praised that the U.S. and European allies are finally considering banning imports of Russian oil. Of course, the consideration comes after President Joe Biden slapped more sanctions on American oil than Russian oil. Under Biden, the U.S. has reportedly imported “more than half a million barrels per day (BPD) of oil from Russia,” making Russia the U.S.’s third largest oil supplier.

Colbert conceded that gas prices have hit $4 a gallon, but then claimed: “A clean conscience is worth a buck or two.” He continued his nonsense with a facetious twist: “I’m willing to pay $4 a gallon. Hell, I'll pay $15 a gallon because I drive a Tesla.”

Pontificating about the virtue of paying high gas prices while driving an electric vehicle is blatant hypocrisy, and so is the fact that the show host also enjoys a $75 million net worth.

Colbert definitely put his foot in his mouth.

/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2022/03/08/comedian-tesla-owner-worth-75m-says-its-morally-good-pay
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 02:56:15 pm by rangerrebew »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ste4phen Colbert is a comedian? I thought comedians were supposed to be funny, the couple times I wasted time watching him he struck me more as a mouthpiece and shill for the DNC :shrug:

Offline LMAO

Expect more of this from the elites in order to protect Biden

Next, “paying more for food is a worthy cause as Americans are too fat, anyways.”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Ste4phen Colbert is a comedian? I thought comedians were supposed to be funny, the couple times I wasted time watching him he struck me more as a mouthpiece and shill for the DNC :shrug:

Damn Skippy!  Spot on.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.