Author Topic: Rep. Madison Cawthorn Charged With Driving With Revoked License, Faces Up To 20 Days In Jail  (Read 175 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rep. Madison Cawthorn Charged With Driving With Revoked License, Faces Up To 20 Days In Jail

Michael Ginsberg
Congressional Reporter
March 09, 2022 4:19 PM ET

Republican North Carolina Rep. Madison Cawthorn was recently charged in his home state with driving with a revoked license, which carries a maximum of 20 days in jail.

Cawthorn was pulled over by North Carolina state highway patrol March 3 in Cleveland County, North Carolina, Traffic Court records show. He was previously charged with the same offense in 2017, the Asheville Citizen Times reported, although that charge was dismissed. Driving with a revoked license is a Class 3 misdemeanor in North Carolina, and defendants can face fines of up to $200, in addition to the potential jail sentence.

The congressman was “polite and cooperative” during the stop, the state trooper who pulled him over noted in the citation.

https://twitter.com/asheville/status/1501637208511557639

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/03/09/madison-cawthorn-charged-driving-revoked-license/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have never even heard of this man before,but he is as likely to go to jail for this as I am to flap my arms and fly to the moon.

BTW,does ANYBODY have ANY freaking idea WHY this cretin doesn't just get a damn drivers license? It ain't all that hard to do,and if you think it is,just spend a couple of hours in a Wal-Mart parking lot checking out the customers that drove there for proof.

Hell,even Hunter and Joe Biden have driver's licenses,so how hard CAN it be? One is a crack head and the other is brain dead.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 10:56:55 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DB

I have never even heard of this man before,but he is as likely to go to jail for this as I am to flap my arms and fly to the moon.

BTW,does ANYBODY have ANY freaking idea WHY this cretin doesn't just get a damn drivers license? It ain't all that hard to do,and if you think it is,just spend a couple of hours in a Wal-Mart parking lot checking out the customers that drove them for proof.

Hell,even Hunter and Joe Biden have driver's licenses,so how hard CAN it be? One is a crack head and the other is brain dead.

His driver's license was apparently revoked according to the title of this story. So he did something to get it revoked. The most common reasons would be drunk driving and reckless driving...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
His driver's license was apparently revoked according to the title of this story. So he did something to get it revoked. The most common reasons would be drunk driving and reckless driving...

@DB

Ok,thanks. I had never even thought of that,although it is possible to get a restricted drivers license that allows  you to only drive back and forth to work,and you KNOW no state drivers license office is going to turn him down.

Also,it is hard to believe that with the staff members these people are allowed,that he can't find someone willing to drive him around.

Have we finally found someone too freaking stoopid to be holding public office?

Not counting the Biden family,of course.

Online Hoodat

BTW, does ANYBODY have ANY freaking idea WHY this cretin doesn't just get a damn drivers license?

Different crime.  He was charged with driving on a revoked license (more serious than driving on suspended license).  This is not the same as driving with no license.

In North Carolina, you can get your license revoked for driving over 80 mph or driving 15 mph over the speed limit.  He currently has two speeding tickets pending, 89 in a 65, and 87 in a 70.  Since neither of these have gone to court, neither would be the cause of a revoked license.

I suspect that he will plea this out to 'driving with no license'.  But once the other two charges are settled, he won't be driving for a while.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Different crime.  He was charged with driving on a revoked license (more serious than driving on suspended license).  This is not the same as driving with no license.

In North Carolina, you can get your license revoked for driving over 80 mph or driving 15 mph over the speed limit.  He currently has two speeding tickets pending, 89 in a 65, and 87 in a 70.  Since neither of these have gone to court, neither would be the cause of a revoked license.

I suspect that he will plea this out to 'driving with no license'.  But once the other two charges are settled, he won't be driving for a while.

@Hoodat

Thank you for the additional information,although I will note the punishment for some of these seems to be harsher than necessary to ME.