Author Topic: Democrats Pass $1.5 Trillion Omnibus Spending Bill After Democrat Disarray  (Read 11263 times)

Offline LMAO

Inflation is noticed by pretty much every American and will probably end up getting the Democrats thrown out of Congress this year and could possibly get Biden thrown out of the White House in 2024. Right now, the Democrats and Biden are being blamed for inflation

Some of our big spending  Republicans on this site don’t seem to grasp that that could also happen to Donald Trump should he win in 2024 and continue the inflationary policies

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

You don't need to be prince Valiant with a sword of Righteousness to know when you're getting sold down the river. And you want me to vote FOR it.

Never gonna happen.

When Republicans actually stand and fight for Conservatism, THEN I will lend a hand.
Because nothing else is going to save this Union.

It is pretty apparent that you can't help people who vote for the lesser evil - over and over again - and then wonder why the country is continuing to become more evil... More evil was the only choice voted for.

Offline DB

Inflation is noticed by pretty much every American and will probably end up getting the Democrats thrown out of Congress this year and could possibly get Biden thrown out of the White House in 2024. Right now, the Democrats and Biden are being blamed for inflation

Some of our big spending  Republicans on this site don’t seem to grasp that that could also happen to Donald Trump should he win in 2024 and continue the inflationary policies

How many spending bills did Trump veto?

Offline LMAO

How many spending bills did Trump veto?

I can’t recall any

In fact, I’ve never seen a republican president more eager to give Democrats pretty much every one of their spending wishes than Donald Trump.

Yet  I’ve seen mention here how he is the only one that has the balls to take on the Democrats. Lol
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 05:49:32 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

It is pretty apparent that you can't help people who vote for the lesser evil - over and over again - and then wonder why the country is continuing to become more evil... More evil was the only choice voted for.

Populism (*spit*).

They think they are battling the 'deep state'... All the while, they are financing it. SMH  *****rollingeyes*****

Online roamer_1

Yet  I’ve seen mention here how he is the only one that has the balls to take on the Democrats. Lol

Orange colored glasses.

Offline Killer Clouds

Not whining. Just not an idiot. Republicans have nothing to do with Conservatism and actively act against it.
Conservatism is what I stand upon.
So why should I give Republicans any damn thing?
It's more than obvious that you don't stand for anything. Your like a little child stomping their feet because you didn't get your way.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

One thing far too many people overlook is that a new President is burdened with paying off the bills created by the old President he just replaced.

THIS is why "We,the people" MUST be diligent about monitoring the spending bills congress is putting together in the last year of any presidency,and start getting insistent about getting those spending bills voted down to cover only the essentials.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's more than obvious that you don't stand for anything. Your like a little child stomping their feet because you didn't get your way.

@Killer Clouds

I think he and his accomplices are nothing more than "Contrarians". They will never be happy with ANY administration because being happy would make them unhappy. It just goes against their nature.

Offline LMAO

Orange colored glasses.

And you will never overcome that no matter how many facts you point out to them. That’s just the way things are. When people have a deep emotional bond to something, any critique or criticism will make them react the way they do.

Has anyone here ever pointed out were you’re wrong? No. The only response you’ve gotten was “you’re  a contrarian”  or “you’re a whiner.”  Their only counterpoint is to simply make you personally the issue.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Instead of just name calling, why don’t you defend your position while you think the nearly $8 trillion that was added to an already unsustainable debt under Donald Trump‘s watch was acceptable.

If you’re OK with that, that’s fine. But then defend your position. Just because you can name call better doesn’t mean you won the debate

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Not only are they willing to vote for the lesser of two evils, but they either ignore or defend things that candidate does  that they would not tolerate from the opposition.

The Democrats and Joe Biden have given us conservatives one of the best opportunities since the late 1970s. Nominating Donald Trump for 2024 would be a lost opportunity. Somebody who bravely fights the Twitter wars with Megan McCain and Rosie Donnell but can’t say no to the likes of Pelosi and Schumer is not  going to get us out of this mess

« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 11:44:24 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Instead of just name calling, why don’t you defend your position while you think the nearly $8 trillion that was added to an already unsustainable debt under Donald Trump‘s watch was acceptable.

If you’re OK with that, that’s fine. But then defend your position. Just because you can name call better doesn’t mean you won the debate

@LMAO

How about this? How about you explain to us how the $8 Trillion was Trump's fault? Or even a part of his plan. Especially since it is Congress that passes budgets,and every new President is handed a budget that has already passed Congress after he is sworn in.

This is especially important when the new President is from a different party than the Congressional leadership.

Some Presidents might have a little control over the budget if he gets a second term and he and Congress belong to the same party,but otherwise all a President can do is sign the budget or shut down the government.

And before you glibly say "So,shut down the government!" stop and consider what they does to the country.

Not to mention what it does to the new President because you KNOW he is going to get blamed for both the budget and the shutdown. Everybody knows he is not responsible for any of it,but nobody seems to care.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not only are they willing to vote for the lesser of two evils, but they either ignore or defend things that candidate does  that they would not tolerate from the opposition.

The Democrats and Joe Biden have given us conservatives one of the best opportunities since the late 1970s. Nominating Donald Trump for 2024 would be a lost opportunity. Somebody who bravely fights the Twitter wars with Megan McCain and Rosie Donnell but can’t say no to the likes of Pelosi and Schumer is not  going to get us out of this mess

@LMAO

You,and people like you are not conservatives. You are totalitarian perfectionists. Politics is the art of compromise,and you will never compromise on anything,so you will never accomplish anything beyond organizing a circle jerk.

The saddest part about this is you are all adults.  I could understand this from teens with no actual real-world experience,but there is just no excuse for it coming from adults that actually follow politics.

Yeah,too often in the past the alleged Republicans have practically given the farm away and called it "compromising",when what they were actually doing was selling their votes for a percentage of the take.

That is not "compromising". That is a criminal conspiracy. In a true compromise,both parties get something they want out of the deal,which is the way our government is SUPPOSED to work in order to prevent it from morphing into a dictatorship of what is essentially "One Party Rule".

And the sad,sad truth is it is OUR fault (the voters) for allowing it to happen. Or more correctly,the fault of our grandfathers and grandmothers for swallowing the swill of FDR without question,which created the insiders corruption we are still having to deal with today. We ended up with a "ME Party" working with a "Me,too!" Party,with both branches dividing up the kickback spoils.

The end result was we ended up with a government that for all practical purposes was ran by con artists that ran for office so they could virtually steal from the federal treasury.

The most ironic part about this is we FINALLY got a president candidate that couldn't be bribed or bought,and the "perfectionists" hated him because he is rude.

Think about that one for a minute. For decades some of us have been dreaming of a candidate that couldn't be bought or intimidated,and that didn't owe anyone in politics a single damn thing,and people hate him and want to keep him out of office because he isn't perfect in every respect in their eyes.

They/you are willing to throw away the possible because it isn't perfect in every respect for everybody.

Yeah,Trump is an ego-maniac with bad manners. SO FREAKING WHAT? I don't give a rats ass if he picks boogers from his nose and eats them. Or even picks them from someone else's nose and eats them. All I care about is getting a president that is willing to destroy the "good old boys criminal "You scratch my back and I will scratch your back" network" that has been destroying America for decades now.

And some fools are willing to throw this away because they don't like the style of the best shot we have had at saving and restoring America since Reagan left office.

Make no mistake about it,we either get someone like Trump in the White House with allies in congress and the senate,or America WILL become a cog in the machine that will be known as "World Wide Government,Inc",under the total control of the internationalists bankers.

But "Hey! Who cares as long as *I* stayed pure and insisted on no compromises!",right?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 12:11:51 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I hate to be the one to inform you people of this but I must!

Some of you seem to think that the general election in November is the entire voting process but that is FAR from the truth!  Voting is a process that begins with primaries in the spring and summer in which we choose who we will see on the general election ballot in the fall. If more people involved themselves through the entire process we would be faced with FAR less choices we don't like in November!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@LMAO

How about this? How about you explain to us how the $8 Trillion was Trump's fault? Or even a part of his plan. Especially since it is Congress that passes budgets,and every new President is handed a budget that has already passed Congress after he is sworn in.

This is especially important when the new President is from a different party than the Congressional leadership.

Some Presidents might have a little control over the budget if he gets a second term and he and Congress belong to the same party,but otherwise all a President can do is sign the budget or shut down the government.

And before you glibly say "So,shut down the government!" stop and consider what they does to the country.

Not to mention what it does to the new President because you KNOW he is going to get blamed for both the budget and the shutdown. Everybody knows he is not responsible for any of it,but nobody seems to care.
@sneakypete  For me it's the fact that he didn't veto the bills and send them back with a message of damaging to the country they were, making the the dems override the veto and own it lock stock and barrel. I like Trump and much of what he did, but he just looked like a rubber stamp on spending. The average idiot indoctrinated in our schools only sees Trump spending because they don't actually know how our government works.

I think the democrats are doing everything they can right now to destroy America economically and our energy independence because they know they are going to lose biggly but are banking on the republicans not being able to reverse the damage in two years and the people forgetting who caused it so they can blame the republicans for the mess. Sadly many Americans are dumb as rocks and will believe the dems backed up by they media slime.

Offline LMAO

@sneakypete  For me it's the fact that he didn't veto the bills and send them back with a message of damaging to the country they were, making the the dems override the veto and own it lock stock and barrel.

Exactly!! That’s the complaint many of us have when it comes to Donald Trump

Had he vetoed the spending bills, but Congress had the votes to override his veto, we’d be able to say that he did fight the good fight against growing the size of the federal government and spending

Giving the likes of Chuckie Schumer and crazy aunt Nancy Pelosi what they want without much of a fight is not going to save this country

Barry Goldwater

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

@roamer_1

You ain't heard ridiculous bullshit until you hear someone argue the way to defeat evil is to do nothing proactive to prevent it from spreading.

Does this ring any distant bells?
Not choosing is akin to allowing oneself to be a slave of whatever authority wishes to exercise control over you.  You are nothing but a serf without rights.
 :thumbsup:
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DB

@LMAO

You,and people like you are not conservatives. You are totalitarian perfectionists. Politics is the art of compromise,and you will never compromise on anything,so you will never accomplish anything beyond organizing a circle jerk.

The saddest part about this is you are all adults.  I could understand this from teens with no actual real-world experience,but there is just no excuse for it coming from adults that actually follow politics.

Yeah,too often in the past the alleged Republicans have practically given the farm away and called it "compromising",when what they were actually doing was selling their votes for a percentage of the take.

That is not "compromising". That is a criminal conspiracy. In a true compromise,both parties get something they want out of the deal,which is the way our government is SUPPOSED to work in order to prevent it from morphing into a dictatorship of what is essentially "One Party Rule".

And the sad,sad truth is it is OUR fault (the voters) for allowing it to happen. Or more correctly,the fault of our grandfathers and grandmothers for swallowing the swill of FDR without question,which created the insiders corruption we are still having to deal with today. We ended up with a "ME Party" working with a "Me,too!" Party,with both branches dividing up the kickback spoils.

The end result was we ended up with a government that for all practical purposes was ran by con artists that ran for office so they could virtually steal from the federal treasury.

The most ironic part about this is we FINALLY got a president candidate that couldn't be bribed or bought,and the "perfectionists" hated him because he is rude.

Think about that one for a minute. For decades some of us have been dreaming of a candidate that couldn't be bought or intimidated,and that didn't owe anyone in politics a single damn thing,and people hate him and want to keep him out of office because he isn't perfect in every respect in their eyes.

They/you are willing to throw away the possible because it isn't perfect in every respect for everybody.

Yeah,Trump is an ego-maniac with bad manners. SO FREAKING WHAT? I don't give a rats ass if he picks boogers from his nose and eats them. Or even picks them from someone else's nose and eats them. All I care about is getting a president that is willing to destroy the "good old boys criminal "You scratch my back and I will scratch your back" network" that has been destroying America for decades now.

And some fools are willing to throw this away because they don't like the style of the best shot we have had at saving and restoring America since Reagan left office.

Make no mistake about it,we either get someone like Trump in the White House with allies in congress and the senate,or America WILL become a cog in the machine that will be known as "World Wide Government,Inc",under the total control of the internationalists bankers.

But "Hey! Who cares as long as *I* stayed pure and insisted on no compromises!",right?

It isn't conservative to vote for more spending that further buries the country in economic collapse. There is no compromise between those who want you gone and those who want you enslaved. It isn't purity, it is survival. But carry on... The last 30+ years of voting for the lesser evil has worked so well...

Offline LMAO

It isn't conservative to vote for more spending that further buries the country in economic collapse. There is no compromise between those who want you gone and those who want you enslaved. It isn't purity, it is survival. But carry on... The last 30+ years of voting for the lesser evil has worked so well...

Right

Our opposition believes in things like defunding police departments, letting criminals go free in the name of equity, wide open borders with no enforcement, no less than 14 genders, modern monetary theory, Socialism, speech codes, Burning cities in the name of protest, strict gun control, unreliable and expensive green energy that increases energy prices and puts pressure on the middle and working class…

I’m curious who we’re  supposed to “compromise” with and what

@DB
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 03:21:47 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
For me it's the fact that he didn't veto the bills and send them back with a message of damaging to the country they were, making the the dems override the veto and own it lock stock and barrel.

@GtHawk

Yeah,I understand that,but like I have said before,he was a rookie,and relied on career politicians to advise him. This makes sense when you are an independent businessman taking over a company in a business you are unfamiliar with,but NOT in politics because NOBODY in politics cares anything about anyone but themselves and their own futures.

It is a business where the "profits/skimmed money/pay-offs" are never reported and power and connections are everything. The only "product" they are selling is themselves,and they are always looking for higher bidders.

BTW,the fact that they can and do operate like this for generations is the fault of the voters,not them. They couldn't do it if the voting public held them responsible for their actions.

I think the democrats are doing everything they can right now to destroy America economically and our energy independence because they know they are going to lose biggly but are banking on the republicans not being able to reverse the damage in two years and the people forgetting who caused it so they can blame the republicans for the mess. Sadly many Americans are dumb as rocks and will believe the dems backed up by they media slime.

You can bet the farm on that one.

And sadly,many of them will get away with it because so many voters are selfish turds that care nothing about anyone but themselves. Promise them a 5 dollar an hour raise,and they don't care if you sell America to the Chinese.

I like Trump and much of what he did, but he just looked like a rubber stamp on spending. The average idiot indoctrinated in our schools only sees Trump spending because they don't actually know how our government works.

Offline LMAO

It isn't conservative to vote for more spending that further buries the country in economic collapse.

It seems the new definition of conservatism is spend like crazy, give Pelosi everything she wants and be willing to eat boogers from another man’s nose… Lol

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Right

Our opposition believes in things like defunding police departments, letting criminals go free in the name of equity, wide open borders with no enforcement, no less than 14 genders, modern monetary theory, Socialism, speech codes, Burning cities in the name of protest, strict gun control, unreliable and expensive green energy that increases energy prices and puts pressure on the middle and working class…

I’m curious who we’re  supposed to “compromise” with and what

@DB

@LMAO

You are supposed to compromise with yourself by accepting the FACT that you are NOT going to get everything you want right away,and voting for someone that is willing to work towards making America safe,secure,and prosperous once again,with her people not living in fear is the way to go. IF we get back on stable footing,it will be a few steps at a time,not one giant step.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

You are supposed to compromise with yourself by accepting the FACT that you are NOT going to get everything you want right away,and voting for someone that is willing to work towards making America safe,secure,and prosperous once again,with her people not living in fear is the way to go. IF we get back on stable footing,it will be a few steps at a time,not one giant step.

Nobody here expected Donald Trump to go into office and make the country debt-free in 4 years.  And I’ve never had any candidate that I’ve ever voted for that I agree with 100%

The issue is the debt that was added under his watch and his willingness to go along with practically every Democrat spending bill. You excuse that. We don’t. And it wasn’t just simply obligations that have to be taken care of through Congress like Social Security. It was signing on to new spending bills from the  likes of Pelosi and Schumer that we can ill afford

I prefer a president that fights them. I don’t want a president that either agrees with congressional Democrats or is too timid to take them on. I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 because he does have a record of taking on Democrats in his state and vetoing spending bills. And he was  reelected for doing such.  And I would vote for him if he runs again for president

Again, if Donald Trump tried to control spending but there was enough votes to override a veto, I would understand that and at least give him credit for fighting. But he didn’t. Now the mess we’re in is going to be that much harder to get out of as Biden and the Democrats are making everything worse

Donald Trump is not the fighter that you’ve convinced yourself that he is. Oh sure, he can fight with a dead senator and his chubby daughter. But he falls very quickly in the political arena with ruthless politicians
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 05:55:50 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Having said all the above, there are things that Donald Trump should get credit for and the GOP should embrace such as energy independence and developing our own energy resources, a secure border, and  peace through strength policy

I predict the Donald Trump will not be king. But he will be a king maker.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 06:21:33 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater