Author Topic: Russia’s Rocket Barrages Reveal Bad Planning, Cruelty—and the Absence of Crucial Skills  (Read 158 times)

rebewranger

Russia’s Rocket Barrages Reveal Bad Planning, Cruelty—and the Absence of Crucial Skills

“Everybody is surprised by the lack of combined arms capability in the Russian army,” said one general-turned-analyst.
PATRICK TUCKER | MARCH 8, 2022 04:01 PM ET
RUSSIA UKRAINE EUROPE CONGRESS INTELLIGENCE

After poor planning and combined-arms ineptitude sank Russia’s plan for quick victory in Ukraine, Moscow shifted to Plan B: bombarding Ukrainian cities.

“I think the Russian army reformed into this thing we call the New Look Army They task-organized themselves into smaller battalion tactical groups and, fundamentally, that that is not a bad construct,” Lt. Gen. Scott Berrier, who leads the Defense Intelligence Agency, told the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday. “I think they had a bad plan. And I think their logistics support is not what it needs to be.”

The failure of that plan led the Russians to a new one, said Ben Hodges: “The intentional murder of Ukrainian civilians, designed to create a massive refugee problem and to create pressure on the Ukrainian government, NATO, and the rest of Europe, to do anything to stop the killing.”

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/03/russias-rocket-barrages-reveal-bad-planning-crueltyand-absence-crucial-skills/362911/