Author Topic: The Undeniable Common Sense of Border Walls  (Read 123 times)

rebewranger

The Undeniable Common Sense of Border Walls
« on: March 03, 2022, 05:29:47 pm »
The Undeniable Common Sense of Border Walls
Commentary
February 25, 2022

By Brian Lonergan

Although it may sometimes seem as though we live in a complex world and our country is beset with crises on all fronts, it is important to recognize that some of the most effective remedies are elegantly simple. They have worked for centuries and will work today. We only lack the will as a people to implement them with conviction, and to shun the cacophony of malcontents who would seek to complicate sensible solutions.

Such is the case with the crisis on our southern border. While there are few issues as thorny as immigration, there are some things we can do that would help mitigate the problems considerably. One of the most obvious would be to construct a fortified barrier on the border.

The Left has treated the idea of a border wall like a pinata for years because it plays into some of their favorite narratives. “A wall is an immorality. It’s not who we are as a nation,” Nancy Pelosi proclaimed. A wall has also been attacked as xenophobic, alleged evidence of Americans’ sinister instincts to keep out those who don’t look like us. 

Such claims are getting harder to make in light of current events. The government of the Dominican Republic announced this month that it has started to build a wall that will cover almost half of its border with Haiti. Dominican President Luis Abinader stated that the wall would reduce organized crime, irregular migration and the smuggling of commercial goods and weapons.

https://www.irli.org/the-undeniable-common-sense-of-border-walls/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The Undeniable Common Sense of Border Walls
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 05:39:30 pm »
Allow youths to paint mural on it, and it can be called a "Cultural Art Installment" instead of a "wall'.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.