Author Topic: Pavlich: Blinken's diplomatic failure  (Read 61 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pavlich: Blinken's diplomatic failure
« on: March 02, 2022, 01:57:59 pm »
Pavlich: Blinken's diplomatic failure
By Katie Pavlich, opinion contributor — 03/02/22 08:20 AM EST

On Dec. 16, 2014, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) took to the Senate floor and opposed the nomination of Antony Blinken to become President Barack Obama’s deputy secretary of State.

“Mr. Antony “Tony” Blinken, who is not only unqualified, but in fact in my view, one of the worst selections that this president has chosen. I hope that many of my colleagues will understand that not often do I come to the floor to oppose a nomination from the President of the United States , because I believe that elections have consequences. In this case, this individual has actually been dangerous to America,” McCain said. “He has been a functionary and an agent of a U.S. foreign policy that has made the world much less safe today. Let’s just review some of the elements, in particular, and his role in conceptualizing and furthering it.

“It lacks any concept of how to retain our foreign policy goals. This has led to foreign policy failures, including the continued slaughter of the Syrian people by President Bashar Assad … and the betrayal of our key allies, especially in central Europe,” he continued.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/international/596428-pavlich-blinkens-diplomatic-failure
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34