Author Topic: Is This World War III?  (Read 1493 times)

Online berdie

Re: Is This World War III?
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2022, 09:20:45 pm »
Heck, everything I got except my minivan still has a choke.

Most of what has become computerized really doesn't need to be. My washer and dryer are heavy duty Speed Queen - About the only ones on the market that still have mechanical controls. I guarantee they will outlast me, and probably find a second life washing horse blankets and such down at the ranch long after I am gone. There ain't a single one of the computerized versions that can come anywhere close to that brag.

I am ALL FOR un-complicating things. Irreducible complexity is useful for longevity and simplicity in repair.

I have to agree @roamer_1 regarding the Speed Queens. I bought a set after Icemegddon last year drove a stake in the heart of my 40 year old Whirlpools. Best money I ever spent. Not only do they wash/dry like champs...they are big enough for me to crawl into and use as a bomb shelter. happy77

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2022, 09:46:53 pm »

I have to agree @roamer_1 regarding the Speed Queens. I bought a set after Icemegddon last year drove a stake in the heart of my 40 year old Whirlpools. Best money I ever spent. Not only do they wash/dry like champs...they are big enough for me to crawl into and use as a bomb shelter. happy77

@berdie

LOL!  :beer:

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2022, 10:15:10 pm »
@berdie

LOL!  :beer:

LOL!  I'm still surprised to learn the numbers on the damned stainless steel toaster are MINUTES and not darkness.

I remember my grandma's toaster...only did one side at a time...pull down the side and the bread turns itself over.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2022, 11:40:38 pm »
LOL!  I'm still surprised to learn the numbers on the damned stainless steel toaster are MINUTES and not darkness.

I remember my grandma's toaster...only did one side at a time...pull down the side and the bread turns itself over.

I DO have a toaster @DCPatriot ... Your gonna hate this... I much prefer toast made on the wood stove. So I only use the toaster when the stove is cold (late spring to early fall)

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2022, 11:50:37 pm »
I DO have a toaster @DCPatriot ... Your gonna hate this... I much prefer toast made on the wood stove. So I only use the toaster when the stove is cold (late spring to early fall)

@roamer_1   

:laugh:  You're incorrigible. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2022, 12:01:10 am »
@roamer_1   

:laugh:  You're incorrigible.

LOL! no really @DCPatriot ... It's a thing.

The stove is SOOPER hot so it is more of a sear than mere toasting. And it takes literal seconds... It ain't worth walking away... But you wind up with a super crisp exterior and a very soft center to the toast, which is impossible to replicate in a mere toaster. Add real butter and you really have the very best that toast can be.

:beer:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2022, 12:04:04 am »

The stove is SOOPER hot so it is more of a sear than mere toasting. And it takes literal seconds... It ain't worth walking away... But you wind up with a super crisp exterior and a very soft center to the toast, which is impossible to replicate in a mere toaster. Add real butter and you really have the very best that toast can be.

@roamer_1

Have to add that to my Bucket List!     :beer:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2022, 12:04:59 am »

Well, the stove is already hot, so....why not?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2022, 12:06:45 am »
Well, the stove is already hot, so....why not?

Sure... Likely as hot as it gets first thing in the morning... Quicker AND better.  :beer:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2022, 06:42:39 pm »
Learned that my ex-wife and her husband "...ordered their Tesla".

Told my son to tell her they should also buy a 57 Chevy.    {wink} {wink}

@roamer_1     happy77

PS:  And don't you dare register the "PPC" (Plugs, Points, Condenser) vehicle.  Park it in a barn/garage and cover it from view.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 07:13:04 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2022, 06:53:19 pm »
Learned that my ex-wife and her husband "...ordered their Tesla".

Told my son to tell her they should also buy a 57 Chevy.    {wink} {wink}

@roamer_1     happy77

I actually HAVE a 56 pickup... Well, my kid does, that I considered building... Set it on a shortened 3/4T 4x4 frame, jack it up, swampers, and give it a 350 and a 6 speed....  Sure would be cute.

But nah... The cab is SO  small on them things. And short-bed step-side... Couldn't really haul cargo either.

Cute, but useless.  :shrug:

@DCPatriot

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2022, 06:54:31 pm »
I wouldn't have a tesla if you paid me to take it.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2022, 07:02:02 pm »
I wouldn't have a tesla if you paid me to take it.

They wouldn't make a lot of sense out in the sticks.  They work best in urban settings.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2022, 07:06:20 pm »
This is the only Tesla I'll buy ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avAvkdYa3qM

Tesla - Modern Day Cowboy
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2022, 07:19:05 pm »
They wouldn't make a lot of sense out in the sticks.  They work best in urban settings.

That's right.