Author Topic: Ex-AG William Barr attacks Trump as unfit to lead as he urges GOP to move on in ‘24  (Read 761 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ex-AG William Barr attacks Trump as unfit to lead as he urges GOP to move on in ‘24
By Mark Moore   
February 27, 2022 12:41pm

William Barr is urging Republicans to put former President Donald Trump in the rearview mirror in 2024 in favor of the political party’s younger leaders, the former attorney general writes in a new book.

In his upcoming 600-page book, “One Damn Thing After Another,” Barr says he thinks Trump could’ve beaten Joe Biden in 2020 if he had “just exercised a modicum of self-restraint, moderating even a little of his pettiness,” according to the Wall Street Journal.

The conservative lawyer encouraged members of his party to consider “an impressive array of younger candidates” that he did not identify by name — who he believes shares Trump’s agenda but not his “erratic personal behavior,” the book says.

​The​ former attorney general, who served from February 2019 to ​December 2020, wrote that the former president has “shown he has neither the temperament nor persuasive powers to provide the kind of positive leadership that is needed​.”

more
https://nypost.com/2022/02/27/ex-ag-william-barr-attacks-trump-as-unfit-to-lead-as-he-urges-gop-to-move-on-in-24/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Trump was deadly right on Ukraine and the power of energy independence for our country. We are  now paying a terrible price in pursuit of a non existent Green economy. IMO, Putin wouldn’t be doing what he’s doing but for the fecklessness of the Biden administration. He wouldn’t have invade Ukraine if Trump won a second term

But I agree. Time to seek out a new and younger face
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

Barr is mostly right about Trump.

But Barr was a total failure as AG. The DOJ and FBI were totally corrupt under him and he held no one accountable. That's entirely on him.

Offline libertybele

Trump was deadly right on Ukraine and the power of energy independence for our country. We are  now paying a terrible price in pursuit of a non existent Green economy. IMO, Putin wouldn’t be doing what he’s doing but for the fecklessness of the Biden administration. He wouldn’t have invade Ukraine if Trump won a second term

But I agree. Time to seek out a new and younger face

At one point in time I agreed with you, but that's not the case anymore. A newer, younger face doesn't mean squat if they can't do what Trump did; restore the economy, lower the unemployment rate, renegotiate NAFTA, keep China, Russia and N. Korea at bay, lower illegal immigration, etc.

Yes, there is no doubt, that I worry about Trump's age and if he'll be in good enough health to run in '24 and as that time draws closer I also worry about his safety. The DEMS are an evil group and will stop at absolutely nothing to retain power.

I don't know if you've looked at the potential candidates that fit your description; Hawley, Cruz, Greene, DeSantis, Noem, all great people, but in being honest, I don't think that they can handle what the DEMS put Trump through.  Of course there are RINO's who will no doubt run; Mittens, Cheney, Rubio, etc.  Younger, doesn't necessarily mean better.

So ... should we hope for another Trump re-election or roll the dice with a younger, newer face?  Keep in mind, and this is just my opinion, but I think we'll see the DEMS run someone like Michelle Obama .... they've had this planned out since Hillary lost.  She will breathe a breath of fresh air into the DEM voting base after Joe and Kamel and I think she'd be hard to beat.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

But Barr was a total failure as AG. The DOJ and FBI were totally corrupt under him and he held no one accountable. That's entirely on him.

Barr is a swamp creature. I don't hold anything that he says about Trump as truthful.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
A "newer, younger face" is a sure pathway to defeat for the Republicans in 2024.

The Pubbie party HAS its warhorse -- old and battle scarred, but a proven performer when the chips are down.

Mr. Trump may be rough on the outside, but there is little to argue with what he accomplished as president.

The number one theme for 2024 will be "finish the wall", and I predict theme Number Two will be "energy independence again". Works for me.

Offline DB

At one point in time I agreed with you, but that's not the case anymore. A newer, younger face doesn't mean squat if they can't do what Trump did; restore the economy, lower the unemployment rate, renegotiate NAFTA, keep China, Russia and N. Korea at bay, lower illegal immigration, etc.

Yes, there is no doubt, that I worry about Trump's age and if he'll be in good enough health to run in '24 and as that time draws closer I also worry about his safety. The DEMS are an evil group and will stop at absolutely nothing to retain power.

I don't know if you've looked at the potential candidates that fit your description; Hawley, Cruz, Greene, DeSantis, Noem, all great people, but in being honest, I don't think that they can handle what the DEMS put Trump through.  Of course there are RINO's who will no doubt run; Mittens, Cheney, Rubio, etc.  Younger, doesn't necessarily mean better.

So ... should we hope for another Trump re-election or roll the dice with a younger, newer face?  Keep in mind, and this is just my opinion, but I think we'll see the DEMS run someone like Michelle Obama .... they've had this planned out since Hillary lost.  She will breathe a breath of fresh air into the DEM voting base after Joe and Kamel and I think she'd be hard to beat.

This is also Trump's inflation we're living through. Huge amounts of money that he signed off on were spent out of thin air. It's easy to party on the credit card until the consequences come due. They're coming due.

Offline libertybele

A "newer, younger face" is a sure pathway to defeat for the Republicans in 2024.

The Pubbie party HAS its warhorse -- old and battle scarred, but a proven performer when the chips are down.

Mr. Trump may be rough on the outside, but there is little to argue with what he accomplished as president.

The number one theme for 2024 will be "finish the wall", and I predict theme Number Two will be "energy independence again". Works for me.

Sure I agree with you @Fishrrman ....it's just how to get Trump into the oval office in light of the DEM corruption. The GOP needs to focus on '22 first and foremost. In Trump's speech last night, he spent some time trying to get people to realize that '22 is crucial.   

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Let it also be known, with Trump back in office, it be known to our allies they can trust America again, and let our enemies know we are back to the America we used to be.  Time again for THEM to fear and tremble from U.S..
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

Let it also be known, with Trump back in office, it be known to our allies they can trust America again, and let our enemies know we are back to the America we used to be.  Time again for THEM to fear and tremble from U.S..

2 years down the road @christian  Firstly, the mid-term election is in play.  IF the GOP can't win back the House or Senate, I don't see Trump running. Strictly my opinion after listening to his past couple of speeches.  Secondly we need to figure out how to get Trump re-elected; the DEMS have proven exactly how ruthless and despicable they are.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 11:55:15 pm by libertybele »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is also Trump's inflation we're living through. Huge amounts of money that he signed off on were spent out of thin air. It's easy to party on the credit card until the consequences come due. They're coming due.
Some is, some isn't. When given bad advice by the perfidious experts, he, unfortunately, took it. Then he tried to soften the blow to the people who would be worst impacted, and that got twisted up, too.

I believe he was trying to do the right thing, but was misled by calm, assured, lying 'experts', whom he sadly, failed to fire.

It's tough to deal with what he had on his plate: A DOJ so hostile it was pursuing him rather than hordes looting and burning in the streets, a bipartisan cadre in DC who only wanted him to fail because he was upsetting their applecart, and the most hostile Media any President has faced. Not even Nixon had such a hate session going against him.

In all that, though, tremendous numbers of tacitly anti-American people have been exposed, who use the power of their offices great and small for partisan purposes, and without regard for the rule of law or the safety and health of the Republic.

At least for four of the last 13 years, I have not had to worry about a POTUS who is not a patriotic American, while legions of those who are not have been exposed for what they are..

« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 05:46:56 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

:yowsa:

Nailed it, on both accounts.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
All the above is true. Just can't spend unlimited dollars and have minimal consequences. 

But it is largely the moronic policies of the Biden Idiocracy that has fueled the hyper inflation we are witnessing.  This year's COLA increase was 5.9% in January for SS and Disability recipients.  Next year will be double digit, and nothing will stop that from happening.

I see numerous whole 1 % increases per months through the coming months on interest.  We will be at 6 or 7 % by year's end.  There is a whole generation of folks clueless to have seen such rates.  But it will come quickly.  So if you are thinking about buying a house or property, best buy it now.

And Barr was another Bush Rat.  Trump was a fool to use any Bushie in his admin.  He should have built his own team.  But he kept over 1,000 Obama folks around, and hired many Bushies.  What do you expect but the chaos we witnessed.

Offline LMAO

If things continue as they are, it won’t matter who the Democrats run. That person would be successfully tied to Biden.

Sure, she would attract the inner city black vote and probably young women but it won’t be enough

Some forget that Trump was not a particularly popular president. Run a new face but with many of Trump’s policies
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 12:10:31 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

You also said Younkin would lose in VA.

Barry Goldwater

Offline DB

Some is, some isn't. When given bad advice by the perfidious experts, he, unfortunately, took it. Then he tried to soften the blow to the people who would be worst impacted, and that got twisted up, too.

I believe he was trying to do the right thing, but was misled by calm, assured, lying 'experts', whom he sadly, failed to fire.

It's tough to deal with what he had on his plate: A DOJ so hostile it was pursuing him rather than hordes looting and burning in the streets, a bipartisan cadre in DC who only wanted him to fail because he was upsetting their applecart, and the most hostile Media any President has faced. Not even Nixon had such a hate session going against him.

In all that, though, tremendous numbers of tacitly anti-American people have been exposed, who use the power of their offices great and small for partisan purposes, and without regard for the rule of law or the safety and health of the Republic.

At least for four of the last 13 years, I have not had to worry about a POTUS who is not a patriotic American, while legions of those who are not have been exposed for what they are..

Trump wasn't called the leverage king for nothing.

I do agree Trump was trying to do the right thing. But claiming ignorance isn't enough for someone in power. When you don't have basic principles to anchor to you go adrift easily. That is populism in a nutshell.

I'll add that he is heavily complicit in the COVID response and the "vaccine" that he was taking credit for. If more people continue to die from the vaccine and it can't be hidden over the next three years his ship may be sunk from that alone.

Offline bilo

She would be easy to beat. She is a nasty America hating racist.

The candidate I most fear is Tulsi Gabbard. She is saying all the right things and has distanced herself from the radical left. The USA will look to end the radical leftism as the world devolves into chaos and our economy falls apart. Gabbard is still on the left, she's just better at hiding it.

CPAC inviting Gabbard is like the right embracing Maher for his criticism of the China Virus policies. At the end of the day Maher will back the Rats. Gabbard will do the same.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Idiot

Trump's worst enemy is Trump.  If he goes into the 2024 campaign harping on how the last election was stolen, there is no way he can win.  If he could just restrain himself he'd win easily.

Offline Kamaji

Trump's worst enemy is Trump.  If he goes into the 2024 campaign harping on how the last election was stolen, there is no way he can win.  If he could just restrain himself he'd win easily.

:thumbsup:

Offline heelboy22

The candidate I most fear is Tulsi Gabbard. She is saying all the right things and has distanced herself from the radical left. The USA will look to end the radical leftism as the world devolves into chaos and our economy falls apart. Gabbard is still on the left, she's just better at hiding it.

CPAC inviting Gabbard is like the right embracing Maher for his criticism of the China Virus policies. At the end of the day Maher will back the Rats. Gabbard will do the same.

Yeah, I wish they hadn't invited her.  She has ties to WEF, too.

Offline LMAO

Good post

I know somebody who normally votes Republican claim they would vote for Tulsi Gabbard. I asked him what policy of hers does he like and he couldn’t name one.

She may not be an AOC/Omar leftist. But she is a leftist nonetheless

This is one of the best opportunities I have seen for Republicans to push conservatism since the late 1970s. People have seen full frontal leftism and  they do not like it

« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 04:27:57 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Longiron

BS we are not living with TRUMP inflation. That belongs totally on you LIBS. Totally oil independent 2 years ago and the LIBS F that up and now gas prices out of site and importing oil. Paying people to stay home with the fake flu another bright economic move by you libs. That sure worked well and now these people are hurting more than most. TRUMP did a lot of dumb things especially with appointments BUT the economy just ROARED under his watch. YOU LIBS have the title of how to F up a economy with your emotional thinking of UTOPIA. :chairbang:

Offline libertybele

BS we are not living with TRUMP inflation. That belongs totally on you LIBS. Totally oil independent 2 years ago and the LIBS F that up and now gas prices out of site and importing oil. Paying people to stay home with the fake flu another bright economic move by you libs. That sure worked well and now these people are hurting more than most. TRUMP did a lot of dumb things especially with appointments BUT the economy just ROARED under his watch. YOU LIBS have the title of how to F up a economy with your emotional thinking of UTOPIA. :chairbang:

I don't know if DB should be called a liberal, but I agree with the rest of your statement.  888high58888
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 04:37:57 pm by libertybele »

Offline LMAO

You don’t know what causes inflation do you?

Barry Goldwater

Offline DB

LOL... Your ignorance is showing... It's easy to party on the credit card until the consequences come due. Some 10 trillion dollars of freshly printed money out of thin air was signed off and spent under Trump. That is just a fact. There's nothing conservative about spending the country into the grave.