Author Topic: The Democrats will be buried at Kyiv  (Read 225 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Democrats will be buried at Kyiv
« on: February 26, 2022, 02:19:36 pm »
February 26, 2022
By Steven Kopits

The US continues to sit passively on the sidelines while the Russian army pounds Ukraine. It is all too pathetic.

Nevertheless, President Biden has listed as a key priority the prevention of US military deaths in armed conflicts. In his August 16, 2021 speech at Arlington Cemetery, President Biden declared:

How many more generations of America’s daughters and sons would you have me send to fight Afghans — Afghanistan’s civil war when Afghan troops will not? How many more lives — American lives — is it worth? How many endless rows of headstones at Arlington National Cemetery?

With this speech, he laid out what may come to be known as the Biden Doctrine, that there would be no conflict so small that the US would not run away, no act of cowardice too craven, no desertion of allies too treacherous, and no commitment to democracy or global security worth securing with military force beyond those agreed on paper.

On that day, his net approval rating (approval minus disapproval) stood at +6.2%, entirely acceptable for a US president. Three months later, on election day in November, it would fall to -8% and the Democrats would take a historical shellacking at the polls. Virtually all the damage resulted from the means by which the US pulled out of Afghanistan, leaving chaos, the Taliban, and now famine in its wake. Americans were appalled.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/02/the_democrats_will_be_buried_at_kyiv_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Re: The Democrats will be buried at Kyiv
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 02:44:34 pm »
My football coach in the late 60's told us you have two options, play not to lose or play to win, and that has stuck with me since.
WWII, Gulf War I we fought to win.
Korea, Vietnam Afghanistan we fought not to lose...
So, in IMHO, the author and bidet has no clue..

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 11:13:06 pm »
Title and presumption:
"The Democrats will be buried at Kyiv"

No they won't.
Their constituency has a very short memory.
The overwhelming majority of that constituency doesn't even know where the Ukraine IS -- not even a general location.

By November, it will be pretty much forgotten.

Aside:
Seems like up until a few years ago, it was "Kiev", NOT "Kyiv".
What happened?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2022, 01:42:58 am »
My football coach in the late 60's told us you have two options, play not to lose or play to win, and that has stuck with me since.
WWII, Gulf War I we fought to win.
Korea, Vietnam Afghanistan we fought not to lose...
So, in IMHO, the author and bidet has no clue..
Problem is that what they have teaching our kids for decades is that you don't have to play to win, heck just show up and you get a participation trophy. There has been so much damage done by that because you don't get a participation trophy in real life, if you don't strive to win you die or wish you had.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2022, 04:51:52 am »

There are two outcomes here.  Either the Democrats will be taking credit for Ukraine's victory, or they will be blaming Republicans for Ukraine's loss.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-