Author Topic: This Is Courage in Ukraine  (Read 235 times)

Offline bilo

This Is Courage in Ukraine
« on: February 25, 2022, 09:17:13 pm »
Zelensky himself is behaving as a courageous leader should. He had the opportunity to leave, knowing he was in his words, “target number one” on the Russian hit list. But the comedian and television star — the guy some thought was the joke candidate, the outsider who like President Donald Trump surprisingly won the seat — is staying to do what he can to give strength and support his nation. Here he was just a short time ago, telling his people: we, the leaders, are here and we are not leaving.

Here’s former president Petro Poroshenko saying he’s with a citizen brigade in the street with a Kalashnikov, and they will hold out (fight) Putin, “forever.”

Famous Hall of Fame boxers – the Klitschko brothers – were also vowing to fight. Vitaly is the mayor of Kyiv. Wladimir enlisted in the reserves in February.

Vitaly Skakun, a Marine engineer, reportedly stayed behind to make sure a bridge was blown up to slow the Russian advance, knowing it would cost him his life.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/02/25/this-is-courage-in-ukraine-n527868
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

Re: This Is Courage in Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 09:20:10 pm »
All I can say is I pray I would behave like these men in a similar circumstance.

I know it's too much to hope for with the old fool we have leading us, but we should be providing these people as much weaponry as they can use.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 09:36:23 pm »
The American revolutionary spirit is alive - in Ukraine.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 09:48:31 pm »
The American revolutionary spirit is alive - in Ukraine.

It is!

I'm praying for them.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2022, 10:10:45 am »
It is!

I'm praying for them.
As am I. :0001:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis