Author Topic: Mexicans Moan That Sen. Ted Cruz Threatens Their Sovereignty—I.E., Their Right To Dump Their Poor On  (Read 143 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The Post & Email by Allan Wall 2/23/2022

SAID IN SPANISH: Mexicans Moan That Sen. Ted Cruz Threatens Their Sovereignty—I.E., Their Right To Dump Their Poor On Us

An ironic cross-border quarrel between Mexico and a U.S. politician just surfaced: Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador (“AMLO”) and Senate Majority Leader Ricardo Monreal are exercised that GOP U.S. Senator Ted Cruz recently said that AMLO is causing unrest and undermining U.S. national security. AMLO and Monreal want to know just what business the Texan has meddling in Mexican affairs. And they’re disturbed that Cruz won’t defend Mexican illegal immigrants here. Which is rich given how much Mexico routinely meddles in American affairs.

During a hearing of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Cruz was indeed critical of the Mexican government.

Cruz, above,  is concerned about “deepening civil unrest in Mexico,” the “breakdown of civil society,” and “the breakdown of the rule of law across our southern border.” The “current climate faced by politicians and journalists in Mexico is the deadliest ever,” he said, because reporters and politicians are assassinated.

AMLO is “making all these trends worse,” Cruz said, observing that AMLO intimidated a prominent journalist, Carlos Loret de Mola, during a press conference by calling for an investigation into his work.

Asked Cruz:

What steps is the Biden administration taking to convey to the Mexican government that their behavior is undermining the rule of law and that is in turn endangering American security and the U.S. -Mexico relationship?

Those are legitimate and important questions. And they’re more pressing that what’s going on in Ukraine, the borders of which seem to be of more concern to #LetsGoBrandon than our border with our dysfunctional southern neighbor.

Cruz’s comments ruffled AMLO’s feathers, who punched back by complaining that Cruz meddled in Mexican affairs. Never mind that AMLO himself recently meddled in our affairs by declaring that Mexican-Americans shouldn’t support a party that opposes Amnesty for illegals.

In covering the story, the Associated Press evaded the point. It focused on a letter to Cruz from Mexican Ambassador Esteban Moctezuma saying that Cruz shouldn’t lecture Mexico on the rule of law because some Republicans challenged Biden’s victory over POTUS 45 Trump in 2020 [Mexico to Sen. Cruz: At least our candidates accept defeat, February 18, 2022].

Take note of Mexico’s last election, Moctezuma wrote:

Without exception, all of the political parties accepted the results and got on with the task of strengthening our democracy and freedom of expression.

Again, that’s rich. AMLO did not “accept defeat” in the 2006 Mexican presidential election, but he has always claimed he was robbed. Significantly, he refused to congratulate Sleepy Joe until the 2020 election results were finalized.

More: https://www.thepostemail.com/2022/02/23/said-in-spanish-mexicans-moan-that-sen-ted-cruz-threatens-their-sovereignty-i-e-their-right-to-dump-their-poor-on-us/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
We should have invaded and annexed Mexico back in the 1980's.

You're laughing at the thought as you read it.

But... consider:
Which country is currently in the process of invading and annexing the other RIGHT NOW...?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I don't think that a narco state that dumps their undesirables here, threatening our sovereignty, has any right to moan.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

I don't think that a narco state that dumps their undesirables here, threatening our sovereignty, has any right to moan.

888high58888 888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup: