Author Topic: FDNY firefighter busted with assault weapon, ‘ghost gun’ parts in sting  (Read 351 times)

Offline Kamaji

FDNY firefighter busted with assault weapon, ‘ghost gun’ parts in sting

By Susan Edelman   
February 19, 2022

A veteran FDNY firefighter was arrested after allegedly buying an assault weapon, ammunition and “ghost gun” parts in Philadelphia, then bringing them into NYC, The Post has learned.

Aaron B. Martin, 49, who works for FDNY’s elite Rescue 4 in Queens, was hit with multiple charges, including felony possession of an assault weapon, records show.

Stemming from a crackdown on illegal guns flowing into the city, Martin’s Feb. 13 arrest was part of a multi-agency firearms trafficking investigation involving the Queens District Attorney’s office and the State Police.

A surveillance team tailed Martin to the “Oaks Extravaganza” gun show at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center on Feb. 13, according to a criminal complaint filed by the Queens District Attorney’s office.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/02/19/fdny-firefighter-busted-with-in-gun-trafficking-sting/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, damn.

A FDNY firefighter of any caliber should be able to get a job most anywhere paid departments exist in the country.

Don't break the law, move where the laws are better.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is a feature, not a flaw.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EdinVA

So, how did they know to follow that specific guy?  There are hundreds/thousand of people that go to those shows...
This smells like a setup to me...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So, how did they know to follow that specific guy?  There are hundreds/thousand of people that go to those shows...
Sure it is. Just like Randy Weaver was, initially, a setup. Maybe this guy knows some people they wanted him to spy on and he wouldn't. (Just like Randy Weaver, use the charges as leverage, only Randy wouldn't lay ball). Play ball and they hold the charges over your head, and you get to be an informant.

Or maybe they just lucked out and caught him by accident.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@EdinVA

As much as I hate the idea of siding with the goobermint,MY best guess is this guy has been doing this for a while,and then selling the complete firearms on the black market in NYC.

Do I approve of the NYC laws?

Nope.

None the less,they ARE the laws in NYC,and the NYC po po have an obligation to enforce them. If you live in NYC and don't like that,vote for people who will change those laws.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sure it is. Just like Randy Weaver was, initially, a setup. Maybe this guy knows some people they wanted him to spy on and he wouldn't. (Just like Randy Weaver, use the charges as leverage, only Randy wouldn't lay ball). Play ball and they hold the charges over your head, and you get to be an informant.

Or maybe they just lucked out and caught him by accident.

@Smokin Joe

I think it is more likely they caught someone he sold a functional black market gun to that committed a crime with it,and the guy they caught ratted him out for a reduced sentence.

I have a hard time believing even the NYC PD would waste a lot of time or effort chasing down and prosecuting a "one time offender".

MY best guess is this guy had a second income coming in from doing this.

BTW,I am also of the opinion that ANYBODY so stupid they will cross state lines to commit federal as well as state felony firearms crimes multiple times in order to sell them for a profit is so stupid he deserves whatever happens to him.

You can do that sort of thing a time or two to either create or just buy a weapon that is illegal to own where you live IF IT IS FOR YOUR PERSONAL OWNERSHIP and get away with it if you keep quiet,but when you start selling them,it is just a matter or time,not when,before you get arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

And is there ANY doubt in ANYONE'S mind that possessing and/or selling illegal firearms to people not legally ENTITLED to own them is one of the "crimes" that sets the big bell to ringing in prosecutors offices?

ANYBODY here surprised when they get prosecuted "to the full extent allowed by the law",even if no "crime" other than the mere sale and possession is committed?

Hell,you could rape a nursery school full of infant children and not draw as much judicial heat.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!