Author Topic: Long Island dentist caught with cache of ‘ghost guns,’ police say  (Read 207 times)

Offline Kamaji

Long Island dentist caught with cache of ‘ghost guns,’ police say

By Kenneth Garger
February 18, 2022

A Long Island dentist was arrested Wednesday after allegedly storing a cache of “ghost guns” inside his home that also served as his dental practice, police said.

Officers were called to Paul Carey’s Massapequa residence after his 33-year-old secretary told authorities she saw him wielding a gun on the second-floor of the home, according to Nassau police.

“While he appeared to be agitated and intoxicated, he went upstairs and his secretary heard him racking a shotgun,” Nassau County Police Commissioner Patrick Ryder said at a Thursday press conference, according to ABC 7.

“She ran out of the house. called 911. We responded,” the commissioner said.

Police took Carey, 62, into custody, then raided his home.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/02/18/long-island-dentist-long-island-dentist-caught-with-cache-of-ghost-guns-police-sayaught-with-cache-of-ghost-guns-police-say/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Long Island dentist caught with cache of ‘ghost guns,’ police say
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 03:07:01 pm »
He'll be vetting his next sexretary a bit more thoroughly.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 03:10:30 pm »
Am I the only one that had to click on the link to find out WTH a "ghost gun" is? Hell,MY first thought was it was a gun from the Ghost Buster movie.

Now that I know,I STILL don't know what is wrong with owning one,or how it could be illegal to own one. I don't THINK serial numbers were even required on guns until after the 60's. Yeah,MOST guns have them,but they were mostly for inventory control means,not feral registrations. Hell,I have at least  1 double barrel 12 gauge shot gun with no serial numbers on it. IIRC,it was made in the early 1900's,and bought new by my grandfather.

I may even have another one. It doesn't have hammers,but was given to me when I was around 8 years old. Duck hunted with it for years before I stopped hunting. May be an Iver Johnson,but I can't remember for sure. Haven't seen the damn thing in years.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 04:10:00 pm »
HIs fault was in staying in New York... He should have long ago moved out west, where the stats on his stash would be hardly more than average.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 04:14:32 pm »
The odd thing is they will probably release a gang banger who shot someone to make room for him
Countdown to Resignation

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 04:19:46 pm »
Did they call  the Ghostbsuters or Scooby-Doo?  That's who usually catches ghosts.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.