Author Topic: Taliban reportedly kidnaps nine western civilians, including several journalists  (Read 157 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Taliban reportedly kidnaps nine western civilians, including several journalists
February 11, 2022 | Frank Webster

The Taliban in Afghanistan have reportedly kidnapped nine western civilians, according to a tweet from the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR).

Among the detainees are two journalists who work for the UN including former BBC correspondent Andrew North, according to Amrullah Saleh, Afghanistan’s former vice president. Eight additional westerners as yet unnamed are also allegedly being held in the capital city of Kabul.

“Two journalists with UNHCR and Afghan nationals working with them have been detained in Kabul. We are doing our utmost to resolve the situation, in coordination with others,” the UNHCR tweeted.

“We will make no further comment given the nature of the situation.”

https://twitter.com/Refugees/status/1492083784166084628

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/02/11/taliban-reportedly-kidnaps-nine-western-civilians-including-ex-bbc-reporter-1200051/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What!? This can't be the same Taliban that all of Biden's clown-car woke-joke staff were calling 'our partners in the withdrawal' only a few weeks ago. I believe Biden and his crew of idiots were calling it Taliban 2.0?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So much for a kinder, more gentle Taliban.  Let Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Pakistan shed their own treasury to support their puppets.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Hurry....send more journalists.... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis