Author Topic: Consumer Prices Explode 7.5% Higher, Worst Inflation in 40 Years  (Read 1740 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Consumer Prices Explode 7.5% Higher, Worst Inflation in 40 Years
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2022, 08:55:27 pm »
At least Carter was a tolerable man.
At least Carter kept his lust in his heart.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2022, 10:20:19 pm »
‘I’m Talking About Underlying Trends!’: CNN Host Cuts Off WH Adviser As He Tries To Spin Inflation Numbers

Timothy Frudd
Contributor
February 10, 2022 1:40 PM ET
Font Size:

CNN host Kate Bolduan cut off White House economic adviser Jared Bernstein as he tried to spin inflation numbers during an interview Thursday.

Bolduan questioned the Biden administration’s strategy for handling inflation, asking, “President Biden on December 10 said that he thought inflation was at its peak. The quote was, ‘I think it’s the peak of the crisis.’ It was not. And I remember very clearly our conversations over the summer when you were talking about inflation being transitory. It was not. Are you being clear-eyed enough about what’s going on here?”

Bernstein responded, saying, “Absolutely. I mean, I think the thing to recognize is that our team, at the insistence of the president, is focused on not just the month-to-month ups and downs, but on the underlying trends.”

Bolduan abruptly interjected, “I’m talking about underlying trends.”

The White House adviser continued, saying, “We’re going to get some months come in better, some months that come in worse. Probably when the president said that, Omicron wasn’t quite in the picture yet.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/02/10/underlying-trends-cnn-host-adviser-spin-inflation-numbers/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2022, 11:19:06 pm »
WH Economic Adviser Bernstein: ‘I Expect Inflation to Come Down Significantly in 2022’

Mr. Bernstein may represent to economics, what Dr. Fauci represents to medicine.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 11:20:57 pm by Fishrrman »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2022, 11:29:13 pm »
WH Economic Adviser Bernstein: ‘I Expect Inflation to Come Down Significantly in 2022’

Mr. Bernstein may represent to economics, what Dr. Fauci represents to medicine.

Good analogy....  Liars and deflectors all.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2022, 11:30:36 pm »

Jared Bernstein holds bachelor degrees in music and social work, a masters in philosophy, and a PhD in social welfare.  There is nothing in his background that would indicate even rudimentary knowledge of scarcity, supply, or demand.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2022, 11:49:48 pm »
Jared Bernstein holds bachelor degrees in music and social work, a masters in philosophy, and a PhD in social welfare.  There is nothing in his background that would indicate even rudimentary knowledge of scarcity, supply, or demand.

We are so screwed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2022, 10:21:17 pm »
Powell will not commit to higher interest rates.  It seems fairly obvious the government is going to resolve the debt through chronic inflation.  And why wouldn't they?  Voters are too apathetic to hold anyone accountable.  Most of them want more deficit spending.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2022, 03:17:12 pm »
Powell will not commit to higher interest rates.  It seems fairly obvious the government is going to resolve the debt through chronic inflation.  And why wouldn't they?  Voters are too apathetic to hold anyone accountable.  Most of them want more deficit spending.

Biden and his band of idiots have literally painted themselves into a budgetary corner and crisis of epic proportions. Very few truly understand how serious this is. There will be a point in time very soon, that our goverment will not even be able to cover the welfare state expenditures, much less defense, etc.

If an "F-" could ever be given to an administration for national fiducary stewardship, Pedo Joe has sure earned it.   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2022, 03:40:04 pm »

@Hoodat

Well,those degrees make him more qualified for his current job than half or more of the people with congressional or senate seats,and WAAAAY over-qualified compared to Biden and the WH.

Or Fauci and the Dept of Health,AFATG.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2022, 03:25:08 pm »
Voters are too apathetic to hold anyone accountable.  Most of them want more deficit spending.

And some of them are on “our side”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2022, 02:42:24 am »
Bernstein.  Wasn't this the guy who said inflation was only transitory many months ago?

I wonder if was AOC's Economics Prof.
What is even scarier is if he relies upon AOC's economics philosophy.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 02:46:41 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2022, 02:11:42 pm »
Maria Bartiromo
@MariaBartiromo·
27m

Hotter than expected #inflation ⬆️ 1% month over month versus estimate of .5%. Year over year ⬆️ 9.7%. Join us now @MorningsMaria @FoxBusiness markets rally still holds.

Online catfish1957

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2022, 02:18:06 pm »

Maria Bartiromo
@MariaBartiromo·
27m

Hotter than expected #inflation ⬆️ 1% month over month versus estimate of .5%. Year over year ⬆️ 9.7%. Join us now @MorningsMaria @FoxBusiness markets rally still holds.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but Bidenflation since this crisis started has pretty much been understated 50-70%.  If CPI the  Bureau of Labor Statistics is panning out at near 10% the true number would be in the neighbor hood of 15-17%.

We are rapidly approaching a historic inflationary economy.  One this country has not seen.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 02:19:12 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2022, 04:18:00 pm »
Hate to sound like a broken record, but Bidenflation since this crisis started has pretty much been understated 50-70%.  If CPI the  Bureau of Labor Statistics is panning out at near 10% the true number would be in the neighbor hood of 15-17%.

We are rapidly approaching a historic inflationary economy.  One this country has not seen.

Well, aren’t we just a hopeful ray of sunshine today…  :tongue2:

I do agree with you. This is bad and people are feeling it. All the jive talking from this administration of how good things are and how he over performed is not going to erase what people see every day when they gas up or go to the grocery store
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 04:19:41 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater