Author Topic: Elise Stefanik Drops Support for Fairness for All Act  (Read 186 times)

Offline Kamaji

Elise Stefanik Drops Support for Fairness for All Act
« on: February 09, 2022, 06:54:31 pm »
Elise Stefanik Drops Support for Fairness for All Act

The House GOP chairwoman is the highest-ranking Republican to abandon the bill, which would write gender identity into U.S. civil-rights law.

By Nate Hochman
February 9, 2022

House Republican Conference Chair Elise Stefanik has dropped her support for the Fairness for All Act (FFAA), National Review has learned. As the third-ranking House Republican, the New York lawmaker was likely the most prominent cosponsor for FFAA, an all-Republican bill that would write sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) into U.S. civil-rights law. Her withdrawal of support, which occurred during last night’s procedural vote, deals another heavy blow to the proposed legislation’s already-beleaguered cause.

FFAA was initially pitched by its backers as a “compromise” between LGBT rights and religious liberty, pairing government protections for gay and transgender citizens with modest “right to discriminate” carve-outs for certain religious institutions. Until recently, that proposed arrangement seemed to be gaining momentum. When it was first introduced by Representative Chris Stewart of Utah at the end of 2019, FFAA had eight cosponsors. By November 2021, it had 22.

Today, however, that momentum seems to have reversed. As of this writing, Stefanik is the third and highest-ranking cosponsor to have withdrawn support for FFAA. She joins Jeff Van Drew of New Jersey, who quietly withdrew his support on November 30, and Claudia Tenney of New York, who dropped off the bill on February 2.

Source:  https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/02/elise-stefanik-drops-support-for-fairness-for-all-act/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Elise Stefanik Drops Support for Fairness for All Act
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 06:54:59 pm »
Never really heard of this proposed legislation.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 07:01:55 pm »
Is the "Some Are More Equal Than Others" Act on track to be renewed?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 09:20:14 pm »
I don't care.  She just sent me an email demanding money to send to Congressrat Republicans who voted to impeach Trump so they can defeat Trump Republicans,like Cheney.  F*ck her and the horse she rode in on.  She's dead to me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 10:18:14 pm »
RINO wonders:
"Is the "Some Are More Equal Than Others" Act on track to be renewed?"

Not sure, but...
... I want to see ALL "civil rights legislation" repealed.
Because it exists only to promulgate the notion you have stated above.