Author Topic: Pentagon Says Deadly Kabul Airport Attack Was ‘Not Preventable’  (Read 382 times)

rangerrebew

Pentagon Says Deadly Kabul Airport Attack Was ‘Not Preventable’
Military   

By Dustin Jones | February 04, 2022

A long-awaited Pentagon investigation into the deadly attack in August 2021 at Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul, which killed 13 US service members and at least 170 Afghans, found a single suicide bomber evaded security checkpoints before detonating at the Abbey Gate.

Top military officials unveiled the findings of the investigation Friday, Feb. 4, in a press conference.

A lone member of the Islamic State group’s Afghanistan affiliate, ISIS-K, detonated a suicide vest packed with ball bearings on Aug. 26, 2021, creating a scene of chaos, death, and destruction as US forces worked to evacuate thousands of terrified Afghans, officials said. Leading up to the bombing, US forces on the ground had told crowds how to bypass the Taliban checkpoints to access the Abbey gate.

The investigation found the bomber had also capitalized on the alternate routes, Pentagon officials said.

https://coffeeordie.com/pentagon-kabul-airport-investigation/

rangerrebew

Re: Pentagon Says Deadly Kabul Airport Attack Was ‘Not Preventable’
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 12:40:56 pm »

raps investigation in airport blast that killed 13 during Afghanistan evacuation.
Tara Copp
By Tara Copp
Senior Pentagon Reporter, Defense One
February 4, 2022

Just before a deadly blast killed 13 U.S. service members and 170 Afghan civilians near the Kabul airport on Aug. 26, a figure dressed in black advanced along a nearby canal filled with desperate civilians, a new Department of Defense video released Friday showed.

Seconds later, ball bearings ripped through the people nearby, killing even U.S. troops whose torsos were protected by body armor. Shock waves inflicted harm on others up to a half a football field away, wounding another 45 service members.

“Within seconds of the blast, Marines experienced mental and physical friction,” said U.S. Marine Corps Col. C.J. Douglas, one of the investigators. “Mentally, they worked through the uncertainty of what had just occurred, and the possibility that Taliban could be responsible. Very quickly, Marines determine the Taliban are neither involved nor threatening U.S. personnel.”

The ball bearings pierced canisters of tear gas carried by Marines, disorienting them further, Douglas said.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2022/02/kabul-suicide-bomber-likely-acted-without-taliban-aid-centcom-concludes/361610/
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 12:41:53 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 12:44:07 pm »
R-I-I-I-G-H-T!  *****rollingeyes***** 

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 01:25:04 pm »
Ok, so since the taliban did not appear to help does that mean those troops are not really dead?
Our troops were killed because of gross military and political incompetence, it does not matter who pulled the "trigger"...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 03:16:43 pm »
Ok, so since the taliban did not appear to help does that mean those troops are not really dead?
Our troops were killed because of gross military and political incompetence, it does not matter who pulled the "trigger"...

:yowsa:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2022, 04:14:23 pm »
How cute of the DoD.  They really think we're buying this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2022, 04:21:49 pm »
How cute of the DoD.  They really think we're buying this.

The problem is THEY probably believe it.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2022, 04:26:29 pm »
I for one find that the dimocrats making this a non-public hearing was criminal.   National Security?  What National Security?  We've left the country.  This was blatant attempt of politicak damage control of the highest degree.

When it is all said and done, I hope have a serious entourage of demcratic lawmakers in prison.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2022, 04:28:59 pm »
Someone would have to find a non-Soros prosecutor because the DOJ won't do anything and for sure Military "JUSTICE" won't.