Author Topic: Manhattan DA Reverses Policies Amid Backlash Over ‘Soft On Crime’ Approach  (Read 213 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Brianna Lyman
Reporter
February 04, 2022 1:53 PM ET

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg scrapped two policies Friday following immense public backlash as the city sees a rise in violent crime.

Bragg appeared to deflect blame onto his staff in his memo released Friday, noting his Jan. 3 memo was meant to provide “framework” with which his office should follow.

Under the new memo, Bragg said commercial robberies committed with a gun “will be charged as a felony” regardless of if the gun “is operable, loaded, or a realistic imitation.”

Robberies committed at knifepoint or with another weapon will also be charged as a felony, according to the memo. Bragg also said “people walking the streets with guns will be prosecuted and held accountable” and that the “default in gun cases is a felony prosecution.”

“Violence against police officers will not be tolerated,” the memo continued. “We will prosecute any person who harms or attempts to harm a police officer.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/02/04/manhattan-district-attorney-alvin-bragg-reverses-policies/

“As I emphasized in my remarks to the office, you were hired for your keen judgment, and I want you to use that judgment – and experience – in every case,” Bragg wrote.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Total gaslighting.  He's withdrawn the formal policy, but everyone in the office knows what the "informal" policy is, and that is what will continue to be followed by the ADAs.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Rich Manhattanites don't care to be pushed in front of subway trains by vagrants and derelicts.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Rich Manhattanites don't care to be pushed in front of subway trains by vagrants and derelicts.

Not a lot of rich Manhattanites on the subways.  Mostly just us middle-class schlubs going about the rat-race - and the vagrants and derelicts, of course.