Author Topic: Vegan Fridays at NYC Public Schools  (Read 584 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Vegan Fridays at NYC Public Schools
« on: February 04, 2022, 09:31:56 am »
Vegan Fridays coming to NYC public school cafeterias

Beginning Friday, cafeterias in New York City public schools are going vegan on Fridays, part of a new policy from Mayor Eric Adams who believes in the benefits of a plant-based diet.

NEW YORK - How does a Vegan Veggie Taco sound for lunch? On Friday, students at the largest school district in the United States will have vegan options for foods.

The New York City Public Schools breakfast menu, lunch menu, and after-school menu will feature vegan foods on Fridays moving forward.

The lunch menu for students from pre-K through high school for Friday, Feb. 4, 2022 features vegan veggie tacos served with a crispy or soft vegetable tortilla and a vegan salsa cup.  Seasoned broccoli and a carrot and lemon salad are also vegan options

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/vegan-fridays-at-nyc-public-schools
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline AARguy

Re: Vegan Fridays at NYC Public Schools
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 10:28:58 am »
I heard you can get AIDS from eating Vegan.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 01:52:33 am »
I heard you can get AIDS from eating Vegan.
We saw this show before when kids preferred to hungry and throw away the slop Big Mike mandated for school lunches, that's what my grandson said he and his friends did when the school served that crapola.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 01:56:11 am »
Trash day at the school will be epic.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 03:03:21 pm »
I guess they've thrown nutrition out the window.
New York City Public Schools Go Vegan on Fridays
Milk still on the menu due to USDA guidelines
Josh Christenson • February 4, 2022 12:37 pm

First, they canceled chicken nuggets. Now, they've nixed mozzarella sticks.

New York City public schools are going vegan on Fridays under a new policy from Mayor Eric Adams (D.). School cafeterias will serve only vegan food with the exception of milk, a result of USDA guidelines. Menu offerings in February include black bean and plantain rice bowls, Mediterranean chickpeas, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The policy strengthens the move to "meatless" Monday and Friday school lunches instituted by former mayor Bill de Blasio (D.).

"Plant-based meals are delicious and nutritious, which is why I previously called for vegetarian and vegan options in schools," Adams said. "I'm thrilled to see that all students will now have access to healthy foods that will prevent debilitating health conditions."

The New York Daily News reported only that two of the five principals with whom they spoke were aware of the change in lunch policy. One acknowledged that getting kids to eat the vegan meals could prove "quite challenging." No parents or students were aware of the new, vegan-only offerings.

Adams's vegan crusade began when he was Brooklyn borough president. He has credited his vegan diet with reversing a Type 2 diabetes diagnosis. In 2020, he published Healthy at Last, an account of his switch to a strict plant-based diet.
Washington Free Beacon

Someone remind Adams that he's an adult, and going vegan is not the same for someone of his age, compared to an 8-year-old.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 03:06:26 pm »
Trash day at the school will be epic.

:thumbsup:

On a par with the good old Moo-chelle Obama days.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 09:02:53 pm »
What they really need is a "Bone-In Prime Rib Day".

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2022, 09:36:36 pm »
What they really need is a "Bone-In Prime Rib Day".
Prime Rib would be cheaper than that overpriced 10X marked-up vegan crap.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 09:37:41 pm »
A couple more years of Pedo Joe and we might be in for Soylent Green Saturdays......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2022, 01:21:58 am »
Adams wants to force kids to eat that fake hamburger crap made out of non-meat.

I wonder how McDonalds is faring on that fad anyway with its McPlant?  I bet not too good.

Here's the vegetables they need
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 01:57:38 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2022, 05:39:59 am »
Prime Rib would be cheaper than that overpriced 10X marked-up vegan crap.
Also it wouldn't have all the 'special' additives, chemicals, flavorings and sodium that are oh so healthy  :silly: to make it palatable-ish. Damnit! God made man an omnivore with definite carnivore requirements. We aren't herbivores, we eat herbivores and children need real proteins to grow and develop. What's next deprive children of whole milk and give them that colored water 2% or worse yet soy milk?

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2022, 05:48:55 am »
Adams wants to force kids to eat that fake hamburger crap made out of non-meat.

I wonder how McDonalds is faring on that fad anyway with its McPlant?  I bet not too good.

Here's the vegetables they need

McDonald's has, at least after Ray Kroc passed, given into the yammering 'healthy food' psychos and always to lose money. I was there when they stuck us with tasteless McLean, dumped ice cream for yogurt which sucked. The leadership of MickeyD's is the biggest reason they lose sales. They just went too far off from Ray's winning formula. I have found that today they are not fast, friendly, nor serve hot tasty food like even in the late 80's.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2022, 06:06:49 am »
What's next deprive children of whole milk and give them that colored water 2% or worse yet soy milk?

You'd be surprised how many folks drink that blue cap milk... or even white cap milk. And think they are doing their kid a favor.

NO WONDER they are coming up frail. Everybody I know was raised up on raw milk, straight from the cow.

Offline GtHawk

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2022, 06:16:50 am »
You'd be surprised how many folks drink that blue cap milk... or even white cap milk. And think they are doing their kid a favor.

NO WONDER they are coming up frail. Everybody I know was raised up on raw milk, straight from the cow.
My mother grew up on a farm and drank unadulterated milk from the cow she milked, when old enough, and she always gave us whole milk. My wife' s parents also grew up on a farm and got raw milk and always gave their kids whole milk. My sister is one of those whackos that gave her kids 2% and not to long ago my mother made a comment to her about people giving kids 2% milk and my sister got all huffy and said she gave her kids 2% and they turned out OK, my mom didn't miss a beat and told her yes but think how much better they could have been  :silly: :silly:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2022, 06:30:23 am »
My mother grew up on a farm and drank unadulterated milk from the cow she milked, when old enough, and she always gave us whole milk. My wife' s parents also grew up on a farm and got raw milk and always gave their kids whole milk. My sister is one of those whackos that gave her kids 2% and not to long ago my mother made a comment to her about people giving kids 2% milk and my sister got all huffy and said she gave her kids 2% and they turned out OK, my mom didn't miss a beat and told her yes but think how much better they could have been  :silly: :silly:

:silly: That's right.

There ain't a single day of my life that I don't appreciate my old man's choice in marrying a Kansas farm girl... And eventually moving us away from Chicago and out to this marvelous land in the Rockies.

With Mamma's sensibilities, even when we were in Chicago we were getting raw milk and farm fresh meat and greens. We'd make weekly trips down to South Holland for dairy and out west of the city somewhere for vegetables when in season.

I remember rolling cream back and forth on the floor, my sister and me, making butter in a half gallon mason jar.  I remember snapping beans and shucking corn on the front porch of that house in the city. There was a storm cellar in the basement, lined with shelves, and that's where she put up canning from our garden, and the bulk she bought from farmers.

It has always been so in our house... When we came out here it just quit being weird, because everybody out here does the same.