Author Topic: McConnell keeps his focus on Biden, not Trump, as GOP aims to win back Senate majority in midterms  (Read 533 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Well, I am of the opinion that if the GOP loses the Senate in will be in large part due to the underhandedness of McConell.

McConnell keeps his focus on Biden, not Trump, as GOP aims to win back Senate majority in midterms

He is repeatedly ridiculed and vilified by former President Trump, but as longtime GOP Senate leader Mitch McConnell pushes for his party to regain the chamber's majority in November's midterm elections, he’s keeping his focus on President Biden rather than the former president.

McConnell’s strategy was vividly illustrated during a recent interview with Fox News' Bret Baier on "Special Report."

Asked whether Trump would be a help to the GOP in November's elections, McConnell answered, "I think the midterm election almost certainly is going to be a referendum on the party in power."

Pointing out that the Democrats control both houses of Congress and the White House, McConnell emphasized that "they are in charge of governing and these midterm elections are always a report on the performance of those who are in charge, those are who are governing."

After McConnell avoided mentioning Trump when Baier followed up with another question about the former president, the Fox News host remarked to the Senate GOP leader that "there were two questions about former President Trump. I noticed you didn't talk about him."................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcconnell-focus-biden-trump-senate-majority-midterms
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Asked recently by reporters to spell out the Senate Republicans' agenda if they control the chamber starting in 2023, McConnell simply answered, "I'll let you know when we take it back."

Will someone please throw out this bum?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

I wish. That azzhat needed to go along time ago.  He is the leader of RINO's.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He ain't talking about Trump, but he's sure as hell working behind the scenes to destroy Trump's friends running for the Senate.  The Republican Senatorial Election committee is shoveling money into Murkowski's Primary, for example.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

He ain't talking about Trump, but he's sure as hell working behind the scenes to destroy Trump's friends running for the Senate.  The Republican Senatorial Election committee is shoveling money into Murkowski's Primary, for example.

Great point.   :thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

From the article….
Asked recently by reporters to spell out the Senate Republicans' agenda if they control the chamber starting in 2023, McConnell simply answered, "I'll let you know when we take it back."

Sounds like “we have to pass it in order to find out what’s in it”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
From the article….

"Sounds like?"  LOL!  You are too kind.  Zackly Like. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

That's how McConnell operates; he dominates the NRSC and decides where the $$ goes making it almost impossible for his crony incumbents to lose their seats to an outsider.

Offline dancer

Ditch Mitch!  Does anyone wonder why Trump could not get good people in positions?  Mitch!  He gave a list, a very small list that Trump could choose from or he wouldn't put them up for a vote. 

But..But...Trump doesn't know how to choose good people for his administration!  He failed!  It's on him!   NO, it isn't.  Why was Chao given the travel department?  So Mitch would work with Trump on the Justices.  Not so much for the SC, but he did bring the vote for lesser Justice appointments. 

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
From the article….

He has to wait for the democrats to tell him what they want first, when was the last time the GOP had a majority and used it to advance a conservative agenda, when Gingrich was Speaker?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He has to wait for the democrats to tell him what they want first, when was the last time the GOP had a majority and used it to advance a conservative agenda, when Gingrich was Speaker?

Gingrich caved to Clinton on the budget before 1995 was over.  It lasted less than a year.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

Part of the problem is that too many in the GOP still confuse freedom for big business as economic freedom for all of us.  Big business - as google, facebook, and twitter are demonstrating in spades - is not necessarily the friend of the little guy when it comes to economic or political freedom.

Offline Hoodat

If McConnell had stood up to election fraud, he would already have a 3-seat majority.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Longiron

Sure is working to have TRUMP defeated and slaughtered if possible. McConnell just want his RINOS elected or reelected again. That way he keeps his POWER and will kill TRUMP if TRUMP gets elected AGAIN. Need the people to ask their Senate candidates if they will support China Mitch and hold them accountable if they say they do not but if elected they support that POS. TRUMP has no chance of success if Gayboy McCarthy or China Mitch get elected as leadership in the RINO party. 888mouth