Author Topic: Sources: Fort Bragg troops deploying to Europe in next 72 hours amid Russia-Ukraine tensions  (Read 525 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sources: Fort Bragg troops deploying to Europe in next 72 hours amid Russia-Ukraine tensions

82nd Airborne, military, Fort Bragg, soldier, deployment

Posted January 24, 2022 10:12 a.m. EST
Updated January 24, 2022 6:51 p.m. EST

By Barbara Starr and Jeremy Herb, CNN & Gilbert Baez, WRAL Fayetteville reporter

CNN — Up to 8,500 US troops have been put on heightened alert for a possible deployment to Eastern Europe as Russian troops mass on Ukraine's border, Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said Monday.

But, sources have told WRAL News' Fayetteville reporter, Gilbert Baez, that Fort Bragg troops will be going to Europe. The public affairs officers for Fort Bragg's 18th Airborne Corps and the 82nd Airborne Division said the White House will have to confirm any deployments.

US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin issued the prepare to deploy orders at the direction of President Joe Biden. Kirby said no final decision to deploy the troops had been made.

Earlier on Monday CNN reported the Biden administration was in in the final stages of identifying specific military units it wants to send to Eastern Europe, according to multiple US and defense officials.

more
https://www.wral.com/biden-administration-identifying-troops-for-possible-deployment-to-europe-amid-russia-tensions/20096511/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I do not support any CIC action what so ever that this brain dead pedophile enacts. 

Our troops do not deserve this.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well something is up.  My subdivision has a bunch of Army Rangers and their cars are not in the driveways. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

Is Biden teeing up to declare war on Russia?

Doesn't that require an act of Congress?

Since Ukraine is not a NATO member, this can't easily be jammed in under pre-existing treaty obligations.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Wondering if the democrat-communists will use "the need for troops" as an excuse to re-instate the draft...?

Offline mountaineer

We already have tens of thousands of troops in Europe. This makes no sense.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

We already have tens of thousands of troops in Europe. This makes no sense.

Less troops here to defend our country???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

I do not support any CIC action what so ever that this brain dead pedophile enacts. 

Our troops do not deserve this.

:thumbsup:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Wondering if the democrat-communists will use "the need for troops" as an excuse to re-instate the draft...?
Draft would not work. In this new "woke" era, the military is not looking for just anybody or soldiers. In the Austin/Milley military, they only want Leftist Liberal indoctrinated 'activists'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

Doesn't Congress need to approve the deployment of troops??

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AARguy

The WAR POWERS ACT allows the President to deploy troops for at least 60 days.
I bet the troops are chomping at the bit to see action.
No one wants a draft. Civilians don't want it... neither does the military. I joined a draft Army and retired from a VOLUNTEER ARMY. Volunteer is MUCH BETTER.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Please pray for our troops...this inept administration is using them in a wag-the-dog scenario...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Please pray for our troops...this inept administration is using them in a wag-the-dog scenario...

Amen. Prayers up.

Offline mountaineer

Reuters Pictures
@reuterspictures
 · 24m
U.S. troops from the 82nd Airborne Division and 18th Airborne Corps board a C-17 transport plane for deployment to Eastern Europe, amid escalating tensions between Ukraine and Russia, at Fort Bragg, North Carolina https://reut.rs/35Owgl Camera @woolstonphoto

6:00 PM · Feb 3, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Reuters Pictures
@reuterspictures
 · 24m
U.S. troops from the 82nd Airborne Division and 18th Airborne Corps board a C-17 transport plane for deployment to Eastern Europe, amid escalating tensions between Ukraine and Russia, at Fort Bragg, North Carolina https://reut.rs/35Owgl Camera @woolstonphoto

6:00 PM · Feb 3, 2022

Sadly, Biden's Folly
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.