Author Topic: Biden touts plans for lowering prices as inflation surge continues  (Read 7718 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Biden touts plans for lowering prices as inflation surge continues
« Reply #250 on: February 17, 2022, 01:32:32 am »
@roamer_1

Ok,bubba!

You have all the answers,so tell us what is going to happen when you get YOUR way,and tens of thousands of people are put out of work overnight due to your dictates?

The whole damn COUNTRY just got shut the hell off overnight. Why ain't you bitching about that? Except the feds, who get paid anyway. Howabout that?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #251 on: February 17, 2022, 01:54:25 am »
The whole damn COUNTRY just got shut the hell off overnight. Why ain't you bitching about that? Except the feds, who get paid anyway. Howabout that?

@roamer_1

The WHOLE DAMN COUNTRY??????

Exactly WHICH country do you live in,Bubba?

I personally know damn few people that have lost their jobs in the last year,but I sure as hell know a LOT of people having trouble making ends meet due to inflation eating away at their paychecks.

EVERYTHING costs a hell of a lot more these days than it did 2 years ago,but I have heard nobody claim they are getting paid more for the same job.

I am one of the lucky ones that is pretty much debt free other than stuff like utilities and property taxes,so it's not so bad for me. I don't even have a car or truck payment.

Almost all the people I know personally that are still working and raising children are having a hell of a time trying to keep up with their payments and still be able to eat and pay rent/house payments. Yeah,you can say "Well,let them sell their houses and cars/trucks and free up that money.",but who  are they going to sell that stuff to when almost everybody else has the same problems?

Unless of course they are just desperate to dump it and lose every bit of the equity they
have in their real property,and that is NOT an option anyone will take as long as they have a choice.

You live in the sticks and don't owe any money,so it's easy for you to talk trash,but consider what life is like these days for a married couple in their 20's or 30's who are trying to make house and car payments,buy the necessities for their kids,pay property taxes (which is some cities almost rates as armed robbery by the city),buy clothes,pay health insurance,water bill,electricity bill,trash pickup,etc,etc,etc.

I know you and I don't pay those outrageous bills,but there are plenty of younger people who are stuck in that rut,and with inflation being what it is,there really is no way out for them.

So,have a little bit of freaking consideration for those who are not fortunate enough to be at the place in life you and I are in.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 01:56:13 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2022, 02:19:32 am »
@roamer_1

The WHOLE DAMN COUNTRY??????

Exactly WHICH country do you live in,Bubba?

I personally know damn few people that have lost their jobs in the last year,but I sure as hell know a LOT of people having trouble making ends meet due to inflation eating away at their paychecks.

What is inflating their paychecks is that EIGHT FRIGGIN TRILION DOLLARS Tumpy printed out of thin air. Do you understand that for every dollar they print your dollars are worth LESS?

EVERYTHING costs a hell of a lot more these days than it did 2 years ago,but I have heard nobody claim they are getting paid more for the same job.

I know. Have the gubmint print sommore money and give it away. That'll fix everything.

I am one of the lucky ones that is pretty much debt free other than stuff like utilities and property taxes,so it's not so bad for me. I don't even have a car or truck payment.

Almost all the people I know personally that are still working and raising children are having a hell of a time trying to keep up with their payments and still be able to eat and pay rent/house payments. Yeah,you can say "Well,let them sell their houses and cars/trucks and free up that money.",but who  are they going to sell that stuff to when almost everybody else has the same problems?

No one I know just kept working. But then, everyone I know is self employed - ALL of them horribly damaged.

Unless of course they are just desperate to dump it and lose every bit of the equity they
have in their real property,and that is NOT an option anyone will take as long as they have a choice.

No worries. The market will correct itself and all the markers will be called in to cover the debt - And all that real property will be lost anyway. That is not hyperbole. We are in dire straights.  You just don't know it yet.

You live in the sticks and don't owe any money,so it's easy for you to talk trash,but consider what life is like these days for a married couple in their 20's or 30's who are trying to make house and car payments,buy the necessities for their kids,pay property taxes (which is some cities almost rates as armed robbery by the city),buy clothes,pay health insurance,water bill,electricity bill,trash pickup,etc,etc,etc.

Riiiight. I went from a business doing a pretty easy 4k a month to stone-dead NOTHING. It took me 3 months to start getting right... All on my own. I sold most of what I could at a loss (because the used market cratered when everyone else was out trying to scrape up money too). Yeah, I don't owe nothing much. But ZERO operational capital for 3 months running ain't easy. If I hadn't geared to subsist i would have never made it either.

I know you and I don't pay those outrageous bills,but there are plenty of younger people who are stuck in that rut,and with inflation being what it is,there really is no way out for them.

So,have a little bit of freaking consideration for those who are not fortunate enough to be at the place in life you and I are in.

So you think the way out for them is an overreaching over spending government? When in all of history has that ever been the answer to anything?

It is the government CAUSING the inflation. It is printing more money that is causing the increase.

Look. This is easy. Tumpy's four years cost twenty friggin trillion bucks. The US GNP is somewhere around 5-7T a year - That is all the money we produce.

So if we just take the middlin average of that and say we actually produced 6T in wealth per year, that's 24T bucks in four years.

24T bucks.
20T in cost of government (8T of which is new debt)

Go ahead. Make those numbers work out.

Simple math. That ain't gonna work out. We sure as hell ain't got that money. And I don't give a single shit for your bleeding heart because your bleeding heart is just making the fall that much worse when it inevitably comes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2022, 02:45:16 am »
You really are a self-centered selfish shit,ain't ya?

It's all about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!" as far as you are concerned,and there is no middle ground and no consideration for those not as fortunate as you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2022, 02:55:57 am »

It's all about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!" as far as you are concerned,and there is no middle ground and no consideration for those not as fortunate as you.

Fiscal matters are hard and fast. Tough shit, there it is. There ain't no free lunch, and there ain't no magic bananas.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #255 on: February 17, 2022, 02:56:42 am »

I would say more of a DCP disciple. DCP = lying hypocrite.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #256 on: February 17, 2022, 03:08:13 am »
Sooner or later you run out of other people's money. -Maggie Thatcher

Online roamer_1

« Reply #257 on: February 17, 2022, 04:04:07 am »

Yeah riiiight. The guy screaming for small government and fiscal responsibility is the 'democrat communist'  :silly:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #258 on: February 17, 2022, 07:40:15 am »
What's your actual proposal @roamer_1 ?   

Online roamer_1

« Reply #259 on: February 17, 2022, 08:50:36 am »
What's your actual proposal @roamer_1 ?   

Stop spending. Cut programs. Balance the budget. Fiscal responsibility. Fiscal Conservatism used to be a primary principle. That means only voting for someone if they can demonstrate fiscal aptitude. It's a non-starter if someone is for big freewheeling government.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #260 on: February 17, 2022, 10:41:15 am »
Yeah riiiight. The guy screaming for small government and fiscal responsibility is the 'democrat communist'  :silly:

You rock @roamer_1
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

Offline LMAO

« Reply #262 on: February 17, 2022, 10:50:30 am »
@Hoodat

You DO understand that everything done by the government requires somebody be paid for doing it,right?

We can argue back and forth about how much should be paid for what jobs,but that changes nothing,and there ARE things that MUST be done to keep the country running.

I would highly recommend that you get a better understanding of things like deficits, how they affect our debt, where the money comes from to make up that  deficit, and the effects of borrowing and printing on our currency

Your emotional arguments do not defeat mathematics and economics. I have two relatives that are very far to the left and they make the same arguments you make when it comes to spending.

We are at the point that if we start cutting spending, people are gonna get hurt in the short term. And if we don’t cut spending, more people are going to get hurt in the long-term
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 10:52:57 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2022, 10:51:04 am »

I’m up early this morning and I had to wrap my mind around that one
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2022, 10:57:44 am »
I’m up early this morning and I had to wrap my mind around that one

I am up late... grinding on a hard drive recovery... Another two hours or so and I get to sleep.

btw, more coffee will not help you wrap your mind around that one.  happy77

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #265 on: February 17, 2022, 11:12:41 am »

@Killer Clouds

Who the hell you callin' a lying hypocrite?    9999hair out0000        :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #266 on: February 17, 2022, 12:47:55 pm »
Stop spending. Cut programs. Balance the budget. Fiscal responsibility. Fiscal Conservatism used to be a primary principle. That means only voting for someone if they can demonstrate fiscal aptitude. It's a non-starter if someone is for big freewheeling government.

Several years ago at TOS, I proposed a way to fix this thing permanently.

1. Invoke , and pass a constitutuonal amendment revoking all federal government functionality except for Treasury, State, Defense, and Justice   This would eliminate any and all redundancy that plagues this country in area of regulatory compliance.
2. Revoke all regulatory requirements in said eliminated agencies and departments.  Delegate all functions not covered in section 1 to each specific state.
3. Part of constitutional amendment would invoke that Fed can not exceed federal tax outlays, unless it is passed by both 2/3 vote in House and Senate.  Or by 2/3 of the Statehouses in the states.
4. Establish a Department of Interstate Relations, as intermediary and arbiter among state related disputes.

This would bascically cut the nuts off of Fedzilla, and make the USA what the founders intended.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #267 on: February 17, 2022, 12:51:42 pm »

@Killer Clouds

I don't honestly think he is lying,or that he is a hypocrite. I think he is just selfish and self-centered. He is ENTIRELY focused on what effect something has on HIM,and there is no consideration for anyone else.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #268 on: February 17, 2022, 12:59:05 pm »
Several years ago at TOS, I proposed a way to fix this thing permanently.

1. Invoke , and pass a constitutuonal amendment revoking all federal government functionality except for Treasury, State, Defense, and Justice   This would eliminate any and all redundancy that plagues this country in area of regulatory compliance.
2. Revoke all regulatory requirements in said eliminated agencies and departments.  Delegate all functions not covered in section 1 to each specific state.
3. Part of constitutional amendment would invoke that Fed can not exceed federal tax outlays, unless it is passed by both 2/3 vote in House and Senate.  Or by 2/3 of the Statehouses in the states.
4. Establish a Department of Interstate Relations, as intermediary and arbiter among state related disputes.

This would bascically cut the nuts off of Fedzilla, and make the USA what the founders intended.

You would be right, except in that if the Constitution were not being ignored, your proposals would not be necessary -- And thereby, they (your proposals) would be ignored as well soon enough.

There is no solution as long as the public knows it can feed at the government trough. It is a spiritual problem that can only be fixed in the spirit of the thing.  :shrug:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #269 on: February 17, 2022, 01:01:25 pm »

I've got your outline @roamer_1     I'm asking you to fill it in.  How do you propose we fulfill your primary principle .... specifically??  What stays?  What goes?  What's the timetable?

It's time for you to let go of the preachin' and the screechin' and move this discussion along to substantive issues ---- if you can.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #270 on: February 17, 2022, 01:03:38 pm »
@Killer Clouds

Who the hell you callin' a lying hypocrite?    9999hair out0000        :laugh:
DEMOCRAT COMMUNIST PARTY.  IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #271 on: February 17, 2022, 01:05:08 pm »
@Killer Clouds

I don't honestly think he is lying,or that he is a hypocrite. I think he is just selfish and self-centered. He is ENTIRELY focused on what effect something has on HIM,and there is no consideration for anyone else.
@sneakypete
I'll stick to my analysis.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #272 on: February 17, 2022, 01:06:06 pm »
@Killer Clouds

Believe what you will. I am neither being selfish nor self centered. When your costs outweigh your means the end is inevitable. There is no free lunch nor magic bananas.

And the cure is brutal. But if it is not applied, so very many more will be effected... An order of magnitude for every turn of the screw.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #273 on: February 17, 2022, 01:08:43 pm »
You would be right, except in that if the Constitution were not being ignored, your proposals would not be necessary -- And thereby, they (your proposals) would be ignored as well soon enough.

There is no solution as long as the public knows it can feed at the government trough. It is a spiritual problem that can only be fixed in the spirit of the thing.  :shrug:

Well, when some say what is the solution.....  This is one.  Do I expect this to ever come to fruition?  Zero % chance of that.

But....   There are solutions out there, if this country wasn't so f'n entitlement driven and dependent,
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 01:21:57 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #274 on: February 17, 2022, 01:13:09 pm »
I've got your outline @roamer_1     I'm asking you to fill it in.  How do you propose we fulfill your primary principle .... specifically??  What stays?  What goes?  What's the timetable?

It's time for you to let go of the preachin' and the screechin' and move this discussion along to substantive issues ---- if you can.

As @catfish1957 said, more or less, that which is not delegated to the fed by the constitution should be immediately released to the states. That's a great place to start. That takes monolithic federal programs, and busts them down into 50 experimental subsystems - Each reacting as they will, which is inevitably 50 chances for better and more practical solutions. In a word, Federalism. It's why it was designed that way.

And those solutions would be prompted very certainly by a public way closer to their state government, And way more empowered to stop overruns with votes.