Author Topic: Biden touts plans for lowering prices as inflation surge continues  (Read 7723 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Biden touts plans for lowering prices as inflation surge continues
« Reply #200 on: February 15, 2022, 12:41:17 pm »
That's bullshit and you know it. It isn't that Tumpy is being blamed more, except in the fact that 'Republicans' are supposed to be against big.gov and spending...

It is that he is being treated the same as big spending Democrats - Because he spends just like them, or worse. All by himself, in four years, his administration became responsible for nearly a full THIRD of US debt... That's at TWICE the rate of Obummer.

There is no defense for that.

@roamer_1

Maybe not in YOUR deranged and selfish,self-centered mind,but MOST of us are rational enough to understand he took office  and had to deal with spending bills already passed and signed.

Or maybe you think it is possible to shut down the economy of a state as massive as the US government and change it's direction as well as it's sworn obligations overnight?

Have you done YOUR part to make the changes happen overnight? The LEAST you could still be doing is leaping into the air and clicking the heels of your dancing shoes will shrieking "I think I can,I THINK I CAN!"

In other words,GROW THE BLEEP UP,PRINCESS! The world ain't about YOU,and it doesn't revolve around YOU.

There is no secret to surviving. You adapt to changing conditions. This was true long before Trump took office,and will be true long after he is turned to dust.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 12:43:10 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2022, 12:47:11 pm »
The lesson here is why one should never post while intoxicated

@LMAO

Maybe you should follow your own advise?

I haven't taken a drink of alcohol since 1982,and @christians posts seemed perfectly lucid to me.

Maybe you just didn't like the message because it didn't suit your agenda?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2022, 01:15:06 pm »
Yeah Riiiiigght. Some giant jerkwad SHUTS THE COUNTRY THE HELL OFF and my business going under is my fault.
 *****rollingeyes*****

S'alright... I switched to my side-hustle and I am still making do. But I won't forget it. Not for a damn second.
Your incompetence is your own fault. Quit whining like the DCP disciple you are. Trump had nothing to do with your failure.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #203 on: February 15, 2022, 01:21:39 pm »
Your incompetence is your own fault. Quit whining like the DCP disciple you are. Trump had nothing to do with your failure.

???????

:silly: :silly: :silly:

@roamer_1  and @DCPatriot  are TBR's version of this!!!!!

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2022, 01:38:01 pm »
???????

@catfish1957

LOL!  When I first saw @Killer Clouds 's referring to the D.C. Establishment as "DCP" I had to reread it twice.

Yeah... @roamer_1 is incorrigible.  So, he needs a 'slap' now and then.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2022, 01:42:38 pm »
@catfish1957

LOL!  When I first saw @Killer Clouds 's referring to the D.C. Establishment as "DCP" I had to reread it twice.

I guess I have got to go back to Acronym School......   Never seen the DC Establishment refered to as DCP.  But, WTFDIK
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Killer Clouds

« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2022, 01:56:46 pm »
I guess I have got to go back to Acronym School......   Never seen the DC Establishment refered to as DCP.  But, WTFDIK
Democrat Communist Party. That's what they are.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2022, 02:21:28 pm »
Democrat Communist Party. That's what they are.

Thanks for the clarification.    :beer:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2022, 03:05:18 pm »
???????

But it also is a perfect representation of the fight in the republican party and whether or not the republican party is going to be a big spending/big government populist party or a limited Government party
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2022, 03:11:37 pm »
@LMAO

Maybe you should follow your own advise?

I haven't taken a drink of alcohol since 1982,and @christians posts seemed perfectly lucid to me.

Maybe you just didn't like the message because it didn't suit your agenda?

No

It’s that not only is his posting style in that last post would sound to me like an intoxicated individual ,his message is wrong. We don’t blame Donald Trump solely for our fiscal situation. There’s just no denying that he contributed to it. It seems no matter how many times you or other posters are told that, you put your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and go “la la la la la la.”

Ignoring that fact doesn’t make it go away just because they make you feel uncomfortable.

Now, when you claim I have an agenda, you need to define what my agenda is. These shut downs were absolutely unnecessary. But I do hold local and state governments more responsible for that than Trump himself.

Unlike yourself, I don’t cheer inflation or more debt as long as it’s “my guy” doing it. You disagree and I guess that’s your right

« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 03:20:21 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2022, 03:23:24 pm »
@roamer_1

Maybe not in YOUR deranged and selfish,self-centered mind,but MOST of us are rational enough to understand he took office  and had to deal with spending bills already passed and signed.

@sneakypete
Your posturing is as unwise as it is ludicrous. My support is conditioned by the support of Conservative principles. When a party and a president have so egregiously violated the principles of fiscal conservatism and libertarianism, your nonsensical accusations deservedly fall on deaf ears.

Equally absurd, the failure - the utter failure to hold the feet of your elected officials to the fire, which was the promise we all heard if only we would vote your big.gov monster into office... And now you are raring to put him in there again. Ridiculous. No wonder Republicans can't get a damn thing done.

Or maybe you think it is possible to shut down the economy of a state as massive as the US government and change it's direction as well as it's sworn obligations overnight?

Not to worry... the economy will shut itself down soon enough, and I guarantee you ain't gonna like it. But I doubt you'll have the balls even then to admit that those here defending fiscal conservatism were damnwell right.

Have you done YOUR part to make the changes happen overnight? The LEAST you could still be doing is leaping into the air and clicking the heels of your dancing shoes will shrieking "I think I can,I THINK I CAN!"

As a matter of fact, I have. I have divested myself of this economy and have been working toward subsistence and independence for some years now. I know your greenbacks are heading for worthlessness, and I am doing all I can to get shut of my dependence upon them. Because all y'all do nothing to stave off what is quickly becoming inevitable.

Maybee you should study up on the 94 Congress and what they were able to turn around 'overnight' to understand what it means to have a party actually doing what they promised - And at that, only minimally - But at least they got the arrow going in the right direction. Unlike your boy, whoo spent TWICE as fast as the spendiest democrat on record.

In other words,GROW THE BLEEP UP,PRINCESS! The world ain't about YOU,and it doesn't revolve around YOU.

There is no secret to surviving. You adapt to changing conditions. This was true long before Trump took office,and will be true long after he is turned to dust.

Horse crap. Folding up and accepting it as big.gov puts a collar around your neck is not 'adapting'. It is surrender.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2022, 03:33:06 pm »

It is not my incompetence that kept my money shut up in the bank for months. That was the bank being closed.
Neither is it my incompetence that my entire stable of clients were suddenly closed and no longer doing business - Some of them even now, even yet.

In fact, the sign of actual competence was having a side-hustle to jump to when the bottom fell out. MANY did not have that vision to fall back upon. Sure I lost my goose that laid the golden eggs. But I had another goose so I was able to keep going. It is not my incompetence when the entire market is shut down for many months - That is the incompetence of government - And the destruction of many thousands of businesses in their wake is proof enough.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2022, 03:36:10 pm »
DC Republicans abandoned fiscal conservatism during Bush '43 admin.

The current inflation is a function of interrupted supply cause by economically incompetent Biden admin.

Global Climate Change is elitist pseudo-intellectual euphemism for American defeatism.

Globalism is a transfer of wealth, knowledge, and power from First World Nations to Second World Nations.

Biden has no plan to fight inflation - he will just double-down on Nonsense hoping that more bad policy will fix problems caused by bad policy.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2022, 03:36:32 pm »

Imagine that. Standing EXACTLY on the principles of Conservatism is now considered 'incorrigible'. Nothing better explains why I walked away from Republicans like I did.

To toy with a quote from another feller: I didn't leave the Republican Party, the Republican Party left me.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2022, 03:37:58 pm »
It appears that some don’t, or refused to, grasp what does $30 trillion in debt and rising means  in the short term and long term.

The purpose of bringing up Donald Trump is not to blame Donald Trump for every ill that happened. But it is a realistic assessment of his presidency. Donald Trump did not meet a spending bill that he didn’t like. That has real world ramifications whether you support him  or not.

Should Donald Trump run and win in 2024, there is nothing indicating that these inflationary/spending policies would stop

Some confuse criticism of Donald Trump with support of Joe Biden. Nothing is further from the truth.

We are sailing straight and hard towards uncharted waters. But we’re already seeing some of the effects of it now.

I recall a saying, and I don’t remember who said it, but it went to something like you can deny reality. You cannot deny the consequence of denying reality
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 03:39:11 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2022, 03:41:19 pm »
DC Republicans abandoned fiscal conservatism during Bush '43 admin.

The current inflation is a function of interrupted supply cause by economically incompetent Biden admin.

Global Climate Change is elitist pseudo-intellectual euphemism for American defeatism.

Globalism is a transfer of wealth, knowledge, and power from First World Nations to Second World Nations.

Biden has no plan to fight inflation - he will just double-down on Nonsense hoping that more bad policy will fix problems caused by bad policy.

A good portion of that inflation is due to more than EIGHT FRIGGIN TRILLION dollars of printed money injected into the economy. The value of your dollar has to absorb that additional currency - which inevitably makes each of your dollars worth LESS. That is what is driving this inflationary cycle.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #216 on: February 15, 2022, 03:41:34 pm »

Well he does have a plan it’s just not a good one. He plans on spending even more money in the belief that spending more money will actually bring prices down

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2022, 03:45:16 pm »
It appears that some don’t, or refused to, grasp what does $30 trillion in debt and rising means  in the short term and long term.

The purpose of bringing up Donald Trump is not to blame Donald Trump for every ill that happened. But it is a realistic assessment of his presidency. Donald Trump did not meet a spending bill that he didn’t like. That has real world ramifications whether you support him  or not.

Should Donald Trump run and win in 2024, there is nothing indicating that these inflationary/spending policies would stop

Some confuse criticism of Donald Trump with support of Joe Biden. Nothing is further from the truth.

We are sailing straight and hard towards uncharted waters. But we’re already seeing some of the effects of it now.

I recall a saying, and I don’t remember who said it, but it went to something like you can deny reality. You cannot deny the consequence of denying reality

Good points.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2022, 03:46:36 pm »
It is not my incompetence that kept my money shut up in the bank for months. That was the bank being closed.
Neither is it my incompetence that my entire stable of clients were suddenly closed and no longer doing business - Some of them even now, even yet.

In fact, the sign of actual competence was having a side-hustle to jump to when the bottom fell out. MANY did not have that vision to fall back upon. Sure I lost my goose that laid the golden eggs. But I had another goose so I was able to keep going. It is not my incompetence when the entire market is shut down for many months - That is the incompetence of government - And the destruction of many thousands of businesses in their wake is proof enough.

Don’t you just loved being lectured about your business by people who never have had to run a business and had to deal with the things that a business owner has to?

This reminds me of years ago there was a panel on one of the Sunday shows that had Steve Wynn of Wynn Resorts  talking about what needs to be done to encourage more entrepreneurship and Jennifer Granholm lecturing him on his lack of understanding of how business and the economy works
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 03:48:38 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2022, 03:52:51 pm »

And many others fail to grasp that presidents don't appropriate money!  And lacks a line-item veto! @LMAO
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #220 on: February 15, 2022, 03:56:57 pm »
And many others fail to grasp that presidents don't appropriate money!  And lacks a line-item veto! @LMAO

Oh I’ve held Congress more responsible than the president when it comes to spending. But the president is not blameless, either.

It doesn’t matter much  if you have a fiscally conservative president but a Congress that loves to spend and can override vetoes

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #221 on: February 15, 2022, 04:00:49 pm »
Don’t you just loved being lectured about your business by people who never have had to run a business and had to deal with the things that a business owner has to?

This reminds me of years ago there was a panel on one of the Sunday shows that had Steve Wynn of Wynn Resorts  talking about what needs to be done to encourage more entrepreneurship and Jennifer Granholm lecturing him on his lack of understanding of how business and the economy works

Thankfully, I was shut of any employees by the time this all hit.
Just as thankfully, I only had operational capital in the bank - I had a bare minimum available in the sock... Enough to flip a car, which brought me enough to flip a couple more. Ever since this nightmare began, I have been fixing and flipping cars and smalls with enough volume to get by.

Thankfully again, I was far enough into my subsistence plan to have meat for the fridge and enough garden to put up most of what I needed to survive - If my garden had not failed last summer (smoke and heat), I would be sitting pretty right now. Even as it is, I have enough to pay the taxes and the pantry is still pretty full. But I have to have a good garden this year, and I must hunt and fish twice as hard. One elk right now is the difference between making it and struggling.

My computer business is coming back, ever so slowly... A LONG way off from keeping me, not to mention keeping me well. Suits me fine. I don't need it much anymore. If it comes back enough to matter, then it will all be gravy.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #222 on: February 15, 2022, 04:02:04 pm »
Oh I’ve held Congress more responsible than the president when it comes to spending. But the president is not blameless, either.

It doesn’t matter much  if you have a fiscally conservative president but a Congress that loves to spend and can override vetoes

Can you name even one major corporation that does not allow its chief executive officer to veto specific spending items?  But we (actually the courts) have denied the chief executive officer of the greatest nation on earth the ability to do that!  Sheer lunacy!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #223 on: February 15, 2022, 04:28:40 pm »
Macro fiscal policy is inflationary.

My personal micro fiscal policy is deflationary - paying down my mortgage early.

There is ample supply of debt because the cost of carrying debt - interest rate - is low.

The monetary alchemy is to increase the cost of carrying debt without causing a violent, destabilizing asset re-location.

The current rate on a 30 year treasury is about 2.25%.

Increasing the rate by .50% would represent a 22% increase in the carrying cost of this debt instrument.

Increasing the rate by .25% would represent a 11% increase in the carrying cost of this debt instrument.

Increasing the rate by .125% would represent a 6% increase in the carrying cost of this debt instrument.

It would be less economically disruptive to increase rates by .125%.  This more gradual rate increase approach would better balance the need to increase rates while allowing individuals and institutions time needed to plan for asset rotations.

The danger becomes that more of today's money will be needed to pay yesterday's expenses.  It's the same as carrying a credit card balance while only making minimum payments.  Eventually, after making a monthly credit card payment, you may no longer have enough to pay the heating bill.

Interest on the National Debt and How It Affects You
https://www.thebalance.com/interest-on-the-national-debt-4119024

U.S. National Debt by Year
https://www.thebalance.com/national-debt-by-year-compared-to-gdp-and-major-events-3306287
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #224 on: February 15, 2022, 04:35:49 pm »
It doesn't help that we have fiat currency instead of the real kind.

- J. R. R. Tolkien