Author Topic: Biden touts plans for lowering prices as inflation surge continues  (Read 7687 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Biden touts plans for lowering prices as inflation surge continues
« Reply #150 on: February 11, 2022, 03:02:59 pm »
I don't see how that is possible.

I think he was pretty much an utter failure.
Again... What do you have in your hand right now that you got to keep?
Pretty much nothing, other than the bill.

There are things he did well - I think his foreign policy was dead on. I liked recognizing Jerusalem.
A lot of what he did domestically could have been something, had it been written into law...

But as an EO, nothing but a fart in a windstorm.
Epic fail.

And I cannot believe that folks want to do that all over again.

Okay, who do we nominate in '24?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #151 on: February 11, 2022, 03:05:41 pm »
Did anyone catch Biden's speech yesterday on drug prices?  It is mind-blowing how disconnected this man is from basic economics and recent history.  First he complains about insulin prices - prices that have gone up ever since Biden repealed Trump's order removing regulations on insulin supplies.   Then for drug prices overall, he proposes cutting prescription costs by having the government buy in bulk, completely forgetting that this was already put in place by Obama/Biden a decade ago, and oblivious to the fact that prices have only gone up since the government instituted it's monopoly model.  And to top it off, he threatened pharmaceutical companies with arbitrary taxes if he thinks they are charging too much for a particular drug.

Our Executive branch is being headed by a complete fool.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #152 on: February 11, 2022, 03:14:02 pm »
As inflation became a problem in Venezuela due Hugo’s overspending on social programs, Chavez blamed businesses and tried to force businesses to pay people more to make up for the expense of the cost of living. Those that didn’t or couldn’t, he seized

You see that playing out here although Biden probably is not a position to seize people’s private businesses. But they are blaming business for inflation. Fortunately, the public isn’t buying it

Making the vitally necessary cuts to spending is going to be difficult because, as you see here, every spending program has a constituency that will defend it

These things always follow a predictable trajectory, precisely as you have laid out.

The only thing that will help it is austerity - maybe even extreme austerity by now. But that is the hard, hard way. Too easy to keep printing more money.

What is an astonishment is that there are purported 'conservatives' that don't care a whit about fiscal conservatism. They like big.gov and think they can manage it better than the dems.

This is a gross misdirection of conservative thought - A caricature and an artifact of many years of Moderate Wing control of the Republican Party. They truly have no idea how wrong they are. That is the surprise for me.

How does one call oneself a conservative without a small government mentality? It is the very root of Conservatism.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #153 on: February 11, 2022, 03:15:07 pm »
Did anyone catch Biden's speech yesterday on drug prices?  It is mind-blowing how disconnected this man is from basic economics and recent history.  First he complains about insulin prices - prices that have gone up ever since Biden repealed Trump's order removing regulations on insulin supplies.   Then for drug prices overall, he proposes cutting prescription costs by having the government buy in bulk, completely forgetting that this was already put in place by Obama/Biden a decade ago, and oblivious to the fact that prices have only gone up since the government instituted it's monopoly model.  And to top it off, he threatened pharmaceutical companies with arbitrary taxes if he thinks they are charging too much for a particular drug.

Our Executive branch is being headed by a complete fool.

Joe Biden has never been anywhere near the sharpest knife in the drawer.  In fact, he has always been one of the dullest.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #154 on: February 11, 2022, 03:18:55 pm »
Okay, who do we nominate in '24?

Screw '24. '22 is before you.
Throw all the bastards out.
Get people in congress and the senate that will guard your rights.
That's damn few of the sonsabiches that are in there now.

24 will not matter a whit if you don't put a Conservative Congress in place. Without it all you will get is more showboating and EOs.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2022, 03:23:27 pm »

24 will not matter a whit if you don't put a Conservative Congress in place. Without it all you will get is more showboating and EOs.

You realize that doesn't mean shit, unless you can beat a veto and that means 2/3 majority. You can dream, but I suggest something a little more realistic.  So unless you have some kind of plan to dislodge entrenched big city blue legislators , and the stench of liberal states.......   Try again.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2022, 03:25:30 pm »

At the current rate, we will be $35 trillion in debt by the time the '24 election rolls around.  We need to elect representatives who have the guts to say, "Enough already!  The printing of the money ends now!"  Just doing that alone will cause a government crisis that can only be fixed with huge spending cuts.  Imagine the FED saying 'no more', and the Treasury scrambling to come up with $2 trillion to fund the budget shortfall for a single year.  You think interest rates were bad in 1980?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2022, 03:30:39 pm »
At the current rate, we will be $35 trillion in debt by the time the '24 election rolls around.  We need to elect representatives who have the guts to say, "Enough already!  The printing of the money ends now!"  Just doing that alone will cause a government crisis that can only be fixed with huge spending cuts.  Imagine the FED saying 'no more', and the Treasury scrambling to come up with $2 trillion to fund the budget shortfall for a single year.  You think interest rates were bad in 1980?

Yep...  alot of debate on how sinister the debt is.  I have long argued that the tipping point was at or near $25T.  Everything now is just a can kicking down the road exercise.  Many times I have thought, can this really be fixed at this point, or do I take a self centered, F' it approach to set my self up not only to survive the SHTF event, but thrive through excessive preparation. 

I am set up for either scenario at this point.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2022, 03:30:54 pm »
You realize that doesn't mean shit, unless you can beat a veto and that means 2/3 majority. You can dream, but I suggest something a little more realistic.  So unless you have some kind of plan to dislodge entrenched big city blue legislators , and the stench of liberal states.......   Try again.

That is the only way forward. TEA. Exactly what TEA was doing. It will take several elections, and a determined citizenry. But that is the only answer. And it has to start from the grassroots up.

Nothing else will be successful in the least. Focus on the president and you will have the same return you got last time. Nothing but a figurehead.

Congress is the power. Both federally and in the various states. If you really want change, that is where it starts.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2022, 03:33:02 pm »
That is the only way forward. TEA. Exactly what TEA was doing. It will take several elections, and a determined citizenry. But that is the only answer. And it has to start from the grassroots up.

Nothing else will be successful in the least. Focus on the president and you will have the same return you got last time. Nothing but a figurehead.

Congress is the power. Both federally and in the various states. If you really want change, that is where it starts.

No argument, but just like TEA last time, the MSM will demonize the movement, and will die in a poll of bad PR.  Until you castrate the MSM, it is pointless.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2022, 03:34:31 pm »

It is what MUST be done. Hell it may well be too late - there is a point at which there is no way to return... And we may well be beyond it. But the only chance there is must necessarily be fiscal conservatism at the very least.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #161 on: February 11, 2022, 03:37:14 pm »
No argument, but just like TEA last time, the MSM will demonize the movement, and will die in a poll of bad PR.  Until you castrate the MSM, it is pointless.

TEA didn't die because of bad PR.  TEA was sabotaged and murdered by the very Republican establishment it helped elect.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2022, 03:38:42 pm »

Nah. Tumpy killed TEA.
Not the MSM.

No one is listening to them anyway. REALLY? Joe Rogan gets more action than all the big media put together.

There is nothing else. You will not prevail without taking control of the Right and putting the control in the hands of Conservatives.

Or you can close your eyes to reality and keep throwing poo at the left, because it is so much fun. But it gets you nothing.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2022, 03:40:15 pm »
TEA didn't die because of bad PR.  TEA was sabotaged and murdered by the very Republican establishment it helped elect.

That's right. But it has to be done again. And this time stick with it. Preach it. for several election cycles.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #164 on: February 11, 2022, 03:42:17 pm »
How the hell did we go from TEA to a president whose administration is responsible for a full quarter of the national debt in four years? I will tell you what happened: Shiny shit.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #165 on: February 11, 2022, 03:42:37 pm »
Nah. Tumpy killed TEA.
Not the MSM.

No one is listening to them anyway. REALLY? Joe Rogan gets more action than all the big media put together.

There is nothing else. You will not prevail without taking control of the Right and putting the control in the hands of Conservatives.

Or you can close your eyes to reality and keep throwing poo at the left, because it is so much fun. But it gets you nothing.

Trump killed TEA?

Trump was a real estate developer 2009-2011.  Get the time line right at least.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #166 on: February 11, 2022, 03:44:31 pm »
That's right. But it has to be done again. And this time stick with it. Preach it. for several election cycles.

So all that rhetoric from the MSM that Tea Party members were racist, and white supremist didn't happen?

Sounds like a bit revisionist stuff going on.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #167 on: February 11, 2022, 03:45:04 pm »
How the hell did we go from TEA to a president whose administration is responsible for a full quarter of the national debt in four years? I will tell you what happened: Shiny shit.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2022, 03:46:42 pm »
Trump killed TEA?

Nope. He came along and bedazzled y'all... ALL y'all. All of a sudden, everything we had been working toward for years didn't matter. Cruz was the point of the TEA Party spear. We got a spending spree instead. And a deal cut with murder turtle. and the Moderates retain their grip on power. All gone, in one flamboyant flash in the pan.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2022, 03:48:00 pm »
So all that rhetoric from the MSM that Tea Party members were racist, and white supremist didn't happen?

Oh it happened.  But it didn't stop the TEA Party from taking the House away from the Dems in 2010, all in the name of repealing Obamacare.  It is now 2022, and Obamacare is still the law of the land.  And it ain't the MSM that did that.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2022, 03:49:21 pm »

Nah. It happened. It didn't matter. Who on the Right is listening to MSM?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2022, 03:51:18 pm »
What's the plan, aside for villifying producers and suppliers?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #172 on: February 11, 2022, 03:55:47 pm »
Nope. He came along and bedazzled y'all... ALL y'all. All of a sudden, everything we had been working toward for years didn't matter. Cruz was the point of the TEA Party spear. We got a spending spree instead. And a deal cut with murder turtle. and the Moderates retain their grip on power. All gone, in one flamboyant flash in the pan.

In 2009-2011, Trump?  He wasn't even on the national political stage.  I think I'm through with this discussion, as it has gone side wise into the ridiculous.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #173 on: February 11, 2022, 04:05:05 pm »
In 2009-2011, Trump?  He wasn't even on the national political stage.  I think I'm through with this discussion, as it has gone side wise into the ridiculous.

2011 wasn't the end of the TEA Party. Hell, it ain't gone yet.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #174 on: February 11, 2022, 11:59:54 pm »
Trump killed TEA?

@catfish1957

Didn't you know that Rude Orange Man is responsible for everything,going all the way back to "Original Sin"?

He was born into a wealthy family and is even richer now,so he MUST be to blame,right?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!