Author Topic: Sanders says Biden can't count on him to support 'almost any' spending package compromise  (Read 598 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sanders says Biden can't count on him to support 'almost any' spending package compromise
By Mychael Schnell - 01/23/22 11:12 AM EST

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Sunday said President Biden cannot count on him to support "almost any" compromise social spending and climate package the Senate cobbles together, emphasizing that he must review the details of a proposal before deciding if he can vote for it.

Asked by moderator Chuck Todd on NBC’s “Meet the Press” if Biden can count on his vote “with almost any compromise” the president arrives at with Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), Sanders said, “absolutely not.”

“You're going to have to look at what that so-called compromise is. If it's strong, if it protects the needs of working people, if it deals with climate, I'm there. But we have to look at the details of any proposal,” he added.

The Democrats’ social spending and climate package is currently stalled in the Senate because of opposition from Republicans and Manchin and Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-W.Va.). The two centrist Democrats were unable to get on board with the package despite weeks of negotiations between the White House and Capitol Hill.

Democrats are now considering passing the legislation in sections that have support in the upper chamber. Sanders’s comments, however, further muddy the water for Biden’s chances of passing one of his marquee bills, putting his support of a final compromise bill in question.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/590959-sanders-says-biden-cant-count-on-him-to-support-almost-any
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Killer Clouds

WTF does Sanders know about working people?

Offline libertybele

Passing the BBB bill in sections .... we'll see what Manchin does. Meanwhile Crazy Bernie is trying to stay relevant.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 06:23:10 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Killer Clouds

Passing the BBB bill in sections .... we'll see what Manchin does. Meanwhile Crazy Bernie is trying to stay relevant.
It will be interesting now to see how the filibuster plays into it. We also need to watch what RINOs help the DCP pass their agenda.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
After Bidens 'harmless' year of catastrophic spending, and harmless inflation, along with massive destruction of American jobs,while back to sending jobs, money and technology to China.  While importing Chinese diseases and foreigners in massive numbers infected and hard core criminals.
Because it was all better than Trump in office bringing jobs back here and building up our economy, and our enemies in fear of us once again.  We now have financed and tech supported enemies that boldly challenge, threaten, and attack us, and hold our people hostage, indefinitely!
Who could ask for anything more? Oh year our government not concerned of foreign enemies, but fortifies its self against the American people, even more than Communist Countries do.
The utopia of fools and damn fools is upon us, WHO COULD ASK FOR ANYTHING MORE?  fOOLS FOUGHT FOR IT AND WE ALL GOT IT!  ("LIKE std'S?')

More.... America back to dependency on foreign energy sources, and their fists around our throats,  thank you democrat stooges.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 07:32:07 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Thanks Bernie, its Dems like you I count on.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

----In similar news ---  IMO the DEMS are sounding false alarms and are hoping that the GOP becomes complacent.  The GOP needs to go in with all their fight and become absolutely relentless. 

Sanders admits ‘Republicans laughing all the way to Election Day,’ as Biden spending agenda fails in Senate

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bernie-sanders-republicans-laughing-election-day-biden-spending-agenda-fails

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

WTF does Sanders know about working people?

He knows how to exploit them for political gain.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I hope I live long enough to be able to read his obituary.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Democrats are now considering passing the legislation in sections that have support in the upper chamber. "

Filibuster them.
All of them.
Big or small.
All..!

Offline libertybele

I hope I live long enough to be able to read his obituary.

More reason to have term limits.  Pelosi, Bernie, McConnell and other old evil duffers would have been out the door long ago.

Offline Hoodat

More reason to have term limits.  Pelosi, Bernie, McConnell and other old evil duffers would have been out the door long ago.

Maybe we could have wealth increase limits, too.  Once a legislator's net worth increases by $1 million, that legislator must retire immediately.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

"Democrats are now considering passing the legislation in sections that have support in the upper chamber. "

Filibuster them.
All of them.
Big or small.
All..!

This
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Why isn’t that very few people in Washington DC seem to understand what near $30 trillion in debt means? Bernie Sanders is a believer in modern monetary theory so he doesn’t give a shit. Unfortunately, there are others like him and Washington
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

It's $30 trillion of OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY.  We are ants in a country run by grasshoppers.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright