Author Topic: Afghan women taken from their homes after speaking out  (Read 156 times)

Online libertybele

Afghan women taken from their homes after speaking out
« on: January 22, 2022, 09:13:11 pm »
Afghan women taken from their homes after speaking out

The Taliban can threaten with a whisper. After 20 years of violent struggle, and the loss of tens of thousands of civilian lives, they took power here using brutal force.

Even so, Afghan women refuse to be intimidated.

Tamana Zaryabi Paryani is one of those women. It takes raw courage to stand up to armed men who want to take away almost everything you have achieved in life.

Last weekend, she joined dozens of others to demand the right to work and the right to an education. The protesters were pepper-sprayed by Taliban fighters, and a number said they had been stunned by electric shocks.

After making their voices heard, they returned home. Some feared they had been followed.

On Wednesday night, at 20:00, armed men entered Tamana Paryani's apartment block in Kabul's Parwan 2 neighbourhood. She was alone at home with her sisters. The men began to kick the door.

"Please help, the Taliban have come to my house, my sisters are at home," Ms Paryani pleaded on a video posted to social media.

"We don't want you here now," she screamed. "Come back tomorrow, we can speak tomorrow," she pleaded.

"You can't see these girls at this time of night. Help, the Taliban have come to my house," she said before the video ended.

Since the Taliban took power on 15 August, women have complained that they are now prisoners in their own homes.........

And even there they are not safe. It is a violation of Afghan culture to enter a home that contains only women. ..........

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-60091003
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.