Author Topic: Woke Racism  (Read 118 times)

rangerrebew

Woke Racism
« on: January 19, 2022, 07:28:37 pm »
Woke Racism

John H. McWhorter reveals how a new religion has betrayed Black America.
Fri Jan 14, 2022 Danusha V. Goska

John McWhorter is a professor of linguistics, American studies, and music history at Columbia University. He has also published in numerous prestigious outlets, and he is currently an op-ed columnist at the New York Times. McWhorter is the son of a college administrator father and a professor mother. He attended Friends Select School, a private, a 189-year-old college-preparatory institution. In short, McWhorter is a highly accomplished member of the American elite. He is black. A man should never be reduced to a skin color. But we live in, as the apocryphal Chinese curse is alleged to say, "interesting times," and, so, yes, every mention of McWhorter's new book Woke Racism may skip his many accomplishments, and focus on his color.

"I know quite well," he writes, "that white readers will be more likely to hear out views like this when they're written by a black person, and I consider it nothing less than my duty as a black person to write this book … A version of this book written by a white writer would be blithely dismissed as racist." As McWhorter notes, he is accused of being "not really black."

McWhorter responds by reminding our Woke overlords, whom he calls "The Elect," that their very ideology insists that every black man in America is living under the oppressive boot of white supremacy. The New York Times published at least one op-ed by a black professor who insisted that being a professor is no escape from America's pervasive racism. Chris Lebron's June 16, 2020 op-ed was entitled, "White America Wants Me to Conform. I Won’t Do It. Even at Elite Universities, I Was Exposed to the Disease that Has Endangered Black Lives for So Long." So, yes, as McWhorter points out, by the Elect's own value system, he is indeed "black enough."

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2022/01/woke-racism-danusha-v-goska/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Woke Racism
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 07:37:54 pm »
Woke racism, McWhorter writes, teaches blacks "that we are the first people in the history of the species for whom it is a form of heroism to embrace the slogan 'Yes, we can't.' … Black America has met nothing so disempowering – including the cops – since Jim Crow."

"For us, for us only, cries of weakness constitute a kind of strength, and for us only, what makes us interesting, what makes us matter, is a curated persona as eternally victimized souls … White people calling themselves our saviors make black people look like the dumbest, weakest, most self-indulgent human beings in the history of our species, and teach black people to revel in that status and cherish it as making us special. I am especially dismayed at the idea of this indoctrination infecting my daughters' sense of self."

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 07:47:21 pm »

White people calling themselves our saviors make black people look like the dumbest, weakest, most self-indulgent human beings in the history of our species, and teach black people to revel in that status and cherish it as making us special. I am especially dismayed at the idea of this indoctrination infecting my daughters' sense of self."

That is "white people" as in democrats.  They haven't changed their views of blacks as too stupid to fend for themselves since the Civil War ended. ****slapping

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 07:53:37 pm »
That is "white people" as in democrats.  They haven't changed their views of blacks as too stupid to fend for themselves since the Civil War ended. ****slapping

:thumbsup: