Author Topic: Joe Biden Claims He Ran to ‘Unite the Country’ After Comparing Republicans to Racists  (Read 241 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Claims He Ran to ‘Unite the Country’ After Comparing Republicans to Racists

Charlie Spiering 14 Jan 2022

President Joe Biden claimed he ran for office to “unite the country” just days after he compared Republicans and even some Democrat senators to racists.

“I ran for president to unite the country,” Biden said during a speech on his video set across the street from the White House on the importance of infrastructure spending.

On Tuesday, Biden angrily denounced the Senate, calling it a “shell of its former self” for blocking legislation that would federalize state and local elections and open up elections to potential fraud.

Biden said senators who opposed the federal law were choosing the side of historical racists.

Do you want to be on the side of Dr. King or George Wallace? Do you want to be on the side of John Lewis or Bull Connor? Do you want to be on the side of Abraham Lincoln or Jefferson Davis?

Biden berated the Senate for refusing to eliminate the Senate filibuster rules to pass the legislation, a step that even some moderate Democrats do not oppose.

Republicans reacted to the speech with anger, calling out Biden for his divisive rhetoric.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/01/14/joe-biden-claims-he-ran-to-unite-the-country-after-comparing-republicans-to-racists/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

This is a simply ridiculous cause.
A functioning SCOTUS will throw the law out on its face.
The Constitution demands that elections are solely in the hands of the state legislatures.
No way out of that. too bad.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The Constitution demands that elections are solely in the hands of the state legislatures.

Well, not quite.

The Voting Rights Act passed in 1965 made the federal government the overseer of elections of certain states.  Some of it was struck down by the SC, but not all of it and took almost fifty years to do so.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 01:48:05 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

I don't believe that we have a SCOTUS that is functioning as it should.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Well, not quite.

The Voting Rights Act passed in 1965 made the federal government the overseer of elections of certain states.  Some of it was struck down by the SC, but not all of it and took almost fifty years to do so.

They'll play hell... Red state legislatures will not bend over and grab their ankles.

Offline roamer_1

I don't believe that we have a SCOTUS that is functioning as it should.

Maybe so - but they would have to be whack to mess with this.

Online libertybele

Maybe so - but they would have to be whack to mess with this.

I am not at all confident in this SCOTUS.  They've already shown their liberal hands and Kavanaugh looks to be as bad as Roberts.  So I don't see them ruling according to the Constitution and States' rights.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

I am not at all confident in this SCOTUS.  They've already shown their liberal hands and Kavanaugh looks to be as bad as Roberts.  So I don't see them ruling according to the Constitution and States' rights.

Driving HALF the states into nullifying a SCOTUS order would not profit them.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

They'll play hell... Red state legislatures will not bend over and grab their ankles.
It was the Texan President LBJ who subjugated his home state as well as other Southern states.  At the time, the Dems ran Congress as well as those Southern states, too.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 02:27:52 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Isn't "uniting the country" the same reason why Hitler and Stalin took over Germany and the USSR?

Not to mention Castro,Pol Pot,Chairman Mao,etc,etc,etc.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!