Author Topic: Year in review  (Read 71 times)

rangerrebew

Year in review
« on: January 08, 2022, 02:53:57 pm »
Year in review
Posted on December 30, 2021 by curryja 

by Judith Curry

A year ago, who would have thought that 2021 would be crazier than 2020?

A quick post to end out the year with some random reflections

Covid

The new normal (for me, anyways) is to stay home, not travel. Greater ventilation, use of HEPA air cleaners (also a big help when the air quality in the U.S. west was horrible from the wildfires), outdoor social events, masking. I’m triple vaxxed (Moderna), haven’t even gotten a cold in the past two years, also taking a cocktail of supplements. My entire company is now working from home – surprisingly, younger employees don’t like this so much, but people with kids/dogs definitely like it. I’m fine with my new normal, although I realize this isn’t feasible or desirable for most. God bless the internet. Personal precautionary principle in action, with a clear and immediate target – I really don’t want to get sick from a communicable disease.

Missed opportunities in 2021 to deal with Covid: scarcity of Covid tests in the U.S., failure to systematically investigate the re-purposing of existing drugs for Covid treatment protocols, and the failure to rapidly approve and manufacture new drugs for treatment. Failure to emphasize the need for better ventilation in buildings. Mask fatigue by insisting that masks be worn outside (schools, etc).

Death of Expertise

https://judithcurry.com/2021/12/30/year-in-review-2/#more-28190