Author Topic: Ted Cruz introduces legislation to allow states to purchase monoclonal antibodies  (Read 106 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Ted Cruz introduces legislation to allow states to purchase monoclonal antibodies

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas has introduced legislation to remove federal barriers to states purchasing coronavirus treatments amid concerns that his state and others are approaching government-induced shortages.

"For months, many of us have been sounding the alarm over the Biden administration’s federal takeover of monoclonal antibody treatment distribution," Cruz said in a Wednesday statement to Fox News Digital.

"The bill I’ve introduced would empower states to determine their own needs, so those now facing critical shortages because of the Biden administration’s misguided policy can ensure their citizens are able to get the care they need. President Biden has finally admitted that states, not the federal government, are the answer in situations like this and my bill is a great first step in that direction."

Introduced on Tuesday, the bill amends the Defense Production Act of 1950 and the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to protect states' authority. It also allows states to direct federal funds toward "supplies to combat the COVID-19 pandemic that the State, territory, or possession was unable to purchase before the date of the enactment of this Act because of the invocation by the President of … the Defense Production Act of 1950."....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cruz-monoclonal-antibodies-coronavirus-bill
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.