Author Topic: Groveling Ted Cruz fails to convince Tucker Carlson that calling Jan. 6 'violent terrorist attack' w  (Read 4470 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
There were three types of domestic "terrorists" on hand in Washington on January 6th: weaponized intelligence services, Antifa and far left groups, and stupid rednecks.  It is still yet to be shown which of these was in the majority.

Great post...clear and precise.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Remember this...another lame-brain decision

Sen. Ted Cruz flies home after furor over Cancun trip during Texas deep freeze

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/18/ted-cruz-cancun-texas-winter-storm.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

Maybe so, but when he does screw up, oh boy does he make it a doozy.

The whole subtext the democrats are trying to sell is that Jan. 6 was an insurrection, led by Trump, and therefore Trump - and more importantly, every republican however contingently connected with it - should be permanently banned from holding federal office under Sec. 3 of the 14th Amendment.

And Cruz had to go and open his big fat mouth and provide the democrats with damning statements that the participants in the Jan. 6 event were "terrorists" - terrorists commit insurrection; misguided citizens looking to express their grievances to their government in an inappropriate manner do not.

As such, Cruz has materially advanced the democrats' objective in a way that was both pointless and unnecessary.

No one complained when Cruz opened his 'big fat mouth' (your words) on Jan. 6 did they? 

Slinging arrows at him because of one statement is sad, and you state that he's advanced the DEMS objective.  What about all the GOP in Congress that have come to Cruz's defense?  They're hiding with their tail between their legs; they've already advanced the DEM objective!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Yep! No conservative voice anywhere stands a chance when they step into the media minefield these days.
He honestly walked into the minefield during the committee hearings with the Capitol Police. 

It was Tucker's obligation as a journalist to dig into this further. 

I wrote Ted a letter to tell him I was appalled he labeled this as "violent terrorism' last year as well as recently.  I told him he knows it was not terrorism and nor was it violence as there were no weapons or bombs but the one wielded by the police that deliberately killed an unarmed woman, yet he still said it anyway before the Committee.

I also told him I want the old Ted Cruz back, the one I have supported for the past 10 years rather than what I saw and heard.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

Remember this...another lame-brain decision

Sen. Ted Cruz flies home after furor over Cancun trip during Texas deep freeze

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/18/ted-cruz-cancun-texas-winter-storm.html

Wow .... is all I can say ... the Cancun trip!  How dare he. Another faux pas by the much hated Ted Cruz.

His job is to vote on bills and nominations, whereas the governor of a state is to manage agencies and the national guard; running the state and addressing crisis.

Cruz did not shirk his responsibilities by going to Cancun to get his family out of the storm.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 06:19:14 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In 10 years, I have never seen Cruz that rattled.  His comment was an unnecessary salvo shot at his base. 

Truly puzzling he would say this a year later with so much evidence  mounting that this was a false flag event. 

In any case, it was political suicide on an epic scale.
The only reason I can see using the language of the Left in this case, is that if it is established that Federal agents, contractors, and infiltrators were used to incite the riot, acted in the destruction (such as it was) and encouraged unlawful acts, not only can the case be made that those actors were co-conspirators in fomenting this "insurrection", but should be held accountable for doing so. Using the language of the Left would underscore the very types of charges that could be brought, along with entrapment.

From the limited amount of video available (compared to the full 14,000 hours yet to be made available for scrutiny) it is apparent that without the compliance and assistance of those tasked with keeping the building secure, any invasion of the building would have been limited, if it occurred at all. How much of that was facilitated or done by Federal infiltrators remains to be seen.

That, however is a gambit that can't be displayed in the press, should it be in play, until the seditious and other unlawful behaviours of the Left and their assistants in Law enforcement and other agencies is exposed.

Keep in mind that the opponents in this case are people who created the whole Russia/collusion case from the get-go and used that as the cornerstone of opposition research into a candidate and the ensuing dog and pony show leading up to impeachment at great expense to the taxpayers.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 06:07:34 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Wow .... is all I can say ... the Cancun trip!  How dare he. Another faux pas by the much hated Ted Cruz.

I thought it was a bad decision to go when so many were suffering with no power/heat

He should have been there for his constituents....just my opinion though.
Support the USO

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He honestly walked into the minefield during the committee hearings with the Capitol Police. 

It was Tucker's obligation as a journalist to dig into this further. 

I wrote Ted a letter to tell him I was appalled he labeled this as "violent terrorism' last year as well as recently.  I told him he knows it was not terrorism and nor was it violence as there were no weapons or bombs but the one wielded by the police that deliberately killed an unarmed woman, yet he still said it anyway before the Committee.

I also told him I want the old Ted Cruz back, the one I have supported for the past 10 years rather than what I saw and heard.

I'm not defending what Cruz said, I'm telling you why decent people don't run for office these days.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I'm not defending what Cruz said, I'm telling you why decent people don't run for office these days.
Unless your arse has been shiny since you popped the chute, and you have overwhelming evidence to prove it, and your every word is considered with incredible prescience as to what triggers will exist in the future, you don't stand a chance. (Talk about letting the "perfect" stand in the way of the good...)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Unless your arse has been shiny since you popped the chute, and you have overwhelming evidence to prove it, and your every word is considered with incredible prescience as to what triggers will exist in the future, you don't stand a chance. (Talk about letting the "perfect" stand in the way of the good...)

And even if you largely fit that bill they will invent something if necessary! Ask Herman Cain, Roy Moore, or any number of others out there.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Millee

All in all, Ted Cruz has been a great voice for the Republican party. 

Yes, what he said was stupid, but we have to show a little grace. 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

I'm not outraged as much as he has made himself radioactive, and all I can do is step away and stay back.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

@Millee
I agree...I was a Cruz supporter for prez in 2016...until Trump won the nomination...I just wish he would choose his words more carefully at times.
Support the USO

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

As a Texan, I heartily agree with this sentiment.  Cruz is a big asset, and should not be thrown under the bus for this.

Offline Kamaji

No one complained when Cruz opened his 'big fat mouth' (your words) on Jan. 6 did they? 

Slinging arrows at him because of one statement is sad, and you state that he's advanced the DEMS objective.  What about all the GOP in Congress that have come to Cruz's defense?  They're hiding with their tail between their legs; they've already advanced the DEM objective!

At least then he had the excuse of rapidly changing facts and an emergency.  He could be forgiven for that lapsus linguae in the heat of the moment.

He had a whole year to prepare the statements he made yesterday, and yet, with all his intelligence, and his brain-trust staff, and knowing full well what the democrats are intending to do (they've been telegraphing for days), he still couldn't figure it out?

Sorry.  He can get a mulligan for last year in the heat of the moment, but not for yesterday.

Offline libertybele

And even if you largely fit that bill they will invent something if necessary! Ask Herman Cain, Roy Moore, or any number of others out there.

Unfortunately, true.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

:amen:
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

Wait a couple of weeks and what Cruz said will be forgotten.  It may have doomed him for a run for President, which is probably good, since he just doesn't have the personality for it, but he'll be just fine as he runs for the senate, again and again.  Cruz has been good for the state of Texas....I support him.

Offline Kamaji

Wait a couple of weeks and what Cruz said will be forgotten.  It may have doomed him for a run for President, which is probably good, since he just doesn't have the personality for it, but he'll be just fine as he runs for the senate, again and again.  Cruz has been good for the state of Texas....I support him.

One can only hope.  However, considering the lengths the left will go to dredge up stuff that is decades old when they want to do a hit-job - see Justice Kavanaugh's nomination hearings as an example - I would not count on it.

Offline bilo

That might be Ted's fatal mistake.  Close to 0% of his base watch MSNBC or CNN.  When he finally gets to do some damage control, Tucker Carlson bitch slaps him into a rattled mess.  Always considered Cruz a pretty savvy politican, but he sure fell asleep at the switch on this gaffe.

I'm a big Cruz supporter, but he screwed up on this and Carlson deserves credit for not letting him get away with it.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

I am/was a Cruz supporter but I have to agree Cruz did not help himself last night..Tucker was all over him and he sure didn't believe him...I will give Cruz kudos for showing up and taking the heat...

I'm with you on everything you said.

I think what the "elites" just don't get is 1/6 as well as the corrupted election in Nov. 2020 opened the eyes of "fly over country" like never before. We are on our own. We have very little representation at the federal level and as a result anyone who does not stand and fight with us, or wavers in their support just a little, is no longer considered to be a part of us. I don't see any future reconciliation this goes way beyond Trump.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
As previous posts here indicate, he purposefully called them "terrorists" on January 7th, 2021.

That wasn't received very well, but looking back...no big deal.  A whole year?  Why not do the same thing right from the Senate well on Thursday?

Hell hath no fury like a scorned Texas Conservative.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I'm with you on everything you said.

I think what the "elites" just don't get is 1/6 as well as the corrupted election in Nov. 2020 opened the eyes of "fly over country" like never before. We are on our own. We have very little representation at the federal level and as a result anyone who does not stand and fight with us, or wavers in their support just a little, is no longer considered to be a part of us. I don't see any future reconciliation this goes way beyond Trump.
But really, it doesn't.

If the Democrats had gotten away with this in 2000 and let Al Gore into the Presidency, this wouldn't have happened.

It didn't happen in Washington State in 2004 when Christine Gregoire got away with it in stealing the governorship from Dino Rossi.

The only reason that people marched on Washington is because of Trump's cult of personality. They knew that this has been going on for decades, but did nothing until their New York City liberal hero was the one who got the shaft because of it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
But really, it doesn't.

If the Democrats had gotten away with this in 2000 and let Al Gore into the Presidency, this wouldn't have happened.

It didn't happen in Washington State in 2004 when Christine Gregoire got away with it in stealing the governorship from Dino Rossi.

The only reason that people marched on Washington is because of Trump's cult of personality. They knew that this has been going on for decades, but did nothing until their New York City liberal hero was the one who got the shaft because of it.

They got away with it in 1960.  Nixon had the proof but did not want to precipitate a constitutional crisis and here we are.

I seriously doubt we will ever see another honest election.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If Cruz was a Democrat his remarks would have gotten zero attention anywhere.  Why do you think that is?

If Cruz were a Democrat @Bigun  Cruz would have been repeatng the Democrat fantasy narrative.  That's not news.