Author Topic: WashPost Media Columnist: We Haven't Obsessed Over 1/6 or Trump Enough  (Read 224 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

WashPost Media Columnist: We Haven't Obsessed Over 1/6 or Trump Enough
Tim Graham
January 3rd, 2022 2:14 PM

The idea of objectivity or balance or fairness in reporting has taken a beating since Donald Trump arrived in national politics. What’s dominant today is the media elite constantly encouraging each other that their product is never activist enough.

Washington Post media columnist Margaret Sullivan was thumping the tub with a new vigor on Monday under the headline “If American democracy is going to survive, the media must make this crucial shift.” The crucial shift? More activism. More overt grabbing readers and viewers by the lapels and scaring them. "Shout it from the rooftops," she insisted.

"That American democracy is teetering is unquestionable. Jan. 6 is every day now, in the words of a recent New York Times editorial," she said. So the media isn't obsessing over Trump and 1/6? Really? Sullivan had to admit: "To be sure, even some of the most studiously neutral of news organizations are doing important journalism on this subject."

more
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2022/01/03/washpost-media-columnist-we-havent-obsessed-over-16-or-trump-enough
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Re: WashPost Media Columnist: We Haven't Obsessed Over 1/6 or Trump Enough
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 02:59:57 pm »
Yes, American democratic processes are teetering - but it's because the democrat party and the left are doing their damnedest to destroy it.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: WashPost Media Columnist: We Haven't Obsessed Over 1/6 or Trump Enough
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 03:23:40 pm »
Do we need sports casters to use telestrators and slow motion playback to analyze every single frame of footage?

BOOM! Bear mace to the face!  WHACK! Hockey stick to the knee!  THUD! Fire extinguisher to the face!  PLOP! Poop on the desk!  Pat, this is one helluva Antifa false flag operation.  I haven't seen this many Confederate flags since I watched the Dukes of Hazzard.

They have pysch meds for anxiety and OCD.  Dems should try some.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.