Author Topic: Crows keep special tools extra safe  (Read 132 times)

Offline Kamaji

Crows keep special tools extra safe
« on: December 27, 2021, 04:20:33 pm »
Goes hand-in-hand with the other article regarding a new theory of consciousness.

Study suggest that crows have some concept of the relative 'value' of different tool types

Date:  December 21, 2021
Source: Max-Planck-Gesellschaft

Summary:
Just like humans, New Caledonian crows are particularly careful when handling their most valuable tools, according to a new study. The research reveals that crows are more likely to store relatively complex and efficient foraging tools for future use than more basic tools.

Just like humans, New Caledonian crows are particularly careful when handling their most valuable tools, according to a new study by researchers from the University of St Andrews and the Max Planck Institute of Animal Behavior in Konstanz, Germany. The research reveals that crows are more likely to store relatively complex and efficient foraging tools for future use than more basic tools.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Crows keep special tools extra safe
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 05:01:11 pm »
So, instead of "Planet of the Apes", our future overlords will be "Planet of the New Caledonia Crows"?

Any chance Global Climate Change could be blamed for the advanced evolution of our new Crow masters?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

Re: Crows keep special tools extra safe
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2021, 06:20:00 pm »
So, instead of "Planet of the Apes", our future overlords will be "Planet of the New Caledonia Crows"?

Any chance Global Climate Change could be blamed for the advanced evolution of our new Crow masters?

In which case, perhaps Hitchcock was prophetic?