Author Topic: Marine who criticized Afghan withdrawal, called for accountability discharged  (Read 188 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Marine who criticized Afghan withdrawal, called for accountability discharged
Former Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. said he has been officially released from the Marines following a special court-martial

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Former Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. announced that he has been discharged from the Marine Corps, approximately four months after his criticism of the Afghanistan withdrawal went viral.

In a lengthy Facebook post on Thursday, Scheller recapped what he went through after posting videos on social media in August criticizing the Afghan exit, including a letter of reprimand, special court-martial, detention, and a fine. Still, as he returns to civilian life he remains thankful for what his military experience provided.

"I was released from the Marine Corps today, Thursday, December 23rd, 2021. I am filled with mixed emotions. I would like to sincerely thank the Marine Corps for forging me into a man," Scheller said. "And from the bottom of my heart, I’d like to thank all the Marines who served, led, bled, and suffered alongside me the past 17 years."

The now-former Marine said he received a general discharge under honorable conditions, which is lower than an honorable discharge.

Scheller recalled that since August he has been "relieved of command" and "slandered as homicidal/suicidal by the USMC’s public affairs team," in addition to being imprisoned for days "under the false pretense of 'flight risk,'" and had his medical records and details of the investigation into him leaked to media.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/marine-who-criticized-afghan-withdrawal-discharged
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34